Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good tailor

Default Good tailor

hey all. does anyone have any recommendations for a tailor. preferably in the west side? i need to tailor some white shirts. would be really helpful if you could advise on the estimated cost per shirt based on your previous buying experiences.

im planning to tailor all french cuffs with 'wings' normal collar. 100% cotton.

thanks all

Default Re: good tailor

For workwear huh? Good idea to go made-to-measure though they cost a little bit more. I think its worth the investment

1. Personality Menshop - Peninsular Shopping Ctr, #03-24

Shirts start from $75 upwards. If you have the moolah, may want to try the $125 upwards range

2. Oxford Tailor - OUB Ctr, #04-12

When I was there, I was intoduced to the $90 range. Not too sure if they have any which cost lower than that.

Men's Tradition
    Peninsular Shopping Centre.

haha no not working. but gg to law school. some of my seniors told me that white shirts come in very handy for law school. so i'm thinking of making like just two. should be enough la. don wanna spend a bomb too

CYC Tailor at Raffles Hotel. Their shirts really last a long time.

IMHO, tailored shirts are really over-priced locally. for less than $100 u can get a pretty decent off-the-rack shirt (french cuffs) at places like raoul.

Oxford at OUB Centre (think it's on the 4th Floor?)
    Price range is S$65-S$150 (i think) for shirts. If you are looking for white shirts, you will be amazed by the variety of whites they have. Take your time to sift through their materials as they have lots for you to choose for. Take around 1-2weeks for your shirts to be made. Can be faster if it's urgent. Wld advise you to go around 3-5pm on weekdays and 11-12am on Saturdays as otherwise they are very busy and may not be able to give you their full attention....

okay thanks all for inputs. will carefully consider them. meanwhile went to Dan Stevenson at Henderson Industrial park for a cheap $26 white with french cuffs. :P

Yeap, local tailors do charge a tad expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by EOSFILM
    for less than $100 u can get a pretty decent off-the-rack shirt (french cuffs) at places like raoul.
    are you certain abt this?

prices range hugely dependent on materials and reputation. to the uninitiated they all look like white fabric, but just the origin of the cotton alone would make a huge difference. so decide your budget then spend accordingly.

Is Daniel from Men's Tradition or Personality Menshop?

Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    okay thanks all for inputs. will carefully consider them. meanwhile went to Dan Stevenson at Henderson Industrial park for a cheap $26 white with french cuffs. :P
    Checked Yellow Pages, they list Dan-Stevenson as a florist
    $26 is a good price.

forgot to mention I use Anson's Tailor. You can go to the shop at Hong Leong Building, which moved from the muli-storey carpark becaused it went under renovation.

I had a bad experience with men's tradition. The workmanship is not that good.

Oxford is ok. The guy at Oxford told me that they have their own workshop so they can ensure QC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11
    Men's Tradition
    Peninsular Shopping Centre.

sorry to ride on this thread, but how about tailored suits? what is the price range?

i'll remove this post if inappropriate

dude, go for raoul. Really.

tailored shirts are nice though, have that custom fit feel.

haha yeah. raoul is nice. but their shirts are >$100 heh. if i can get a tailored shirt for less, why not? maybe i shall goto bangkok to tailor some. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CTN
    Checked Yellow Pages, they list Dan-Stevenson as a florist
    $26 is a good price.

dan stevenson is at block 207 henderson industrial park. 3rd floor. i went there and found ferragamo shoes selling for $140sing. armani suits for $300. but having said that, some of their stuff look really dubious. e.g. they gave me a free pair of (ugly) boss cufflinks that felt as tho it was plastic

for white shirts, IMO, wld not pay too much for them cause with our local climate, they turn grey/yellowish too fast to justify a high price.

dan stevenson is at block 207 henderson industrial park. 3rd floor. i went there and found ferragamo shoes selling for $140sing. armani suits for $300. but having said that, some of their stuff look really dubious. e.g. they gave me a free pair of (ugly) boss cufflinks that felt as tho it was plastic

becareful what you wear to Europe, these days they catch people wearing/carrying counterfeit branded stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast