Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow, this is nice! Is there any technical name for it?

Default Re: Wow, this is nice! Is there any technical name for it?

Quote Originally Posted by iMbEst
    frankly speaking, i just found it in http://www.flickr.com really have no idea where is the original picture. Basically I did a screen capture, 4 of them, cut them out, put them together and form a bigger picture.

The picture is already resized.

Screen capture works like camera, if I were to shoot a painting, you cannot say i infringe its copyright leh.

I suggest you read up more on copyright. I am no expert, but I do know that you have definitely infringed on the copyright of the person who created or is currently holding the rights to the pictures you have copied.

I believe you have got the answer to your original question for this thread. This thread will be removed in a short while.
    Last edited by roygoh; 4th August 2006 at 03:45 PM.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Deregistered

Hi,
    If you store your photos in Flickr.com.. you can do lots of cool stuff directly from this website by using photos in Flickr.
    http://flagrantdisregard.com/flickr/

Mosaic Maker

Quote Originally Posted by iMbEst
    frankly speaking, i just found it in http://www.flickr.com really have no idea where is the original picture. Basically I did a screen capture, 4 of them, cut them out, put them together and form a bigger picture.

The picture is already resized.

Screen capture works like camera, if I were to shoot a painting, you cannot say i infringe its copyright leh.

Cool it la. The man was just asking a question, didnt even claim its his picture/property.

Ease up a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Ever wondered why you can't take pictures in an art museum exhibition?
    Ans: The light from the flash causes irreparable damage to the paintings.

well, i hate to say this, but some people here just having square brain.

I say again, I do not know who is the owner. Ask him to sue me if you want.

I am yet to get the confirm answer.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    I suggest you read up more on copyright. I am no expert, but I do know that you have definitely infringed on the copyright of the person who created or is currently holding the rights to the pictures you have copied.

I believe you have got the answer to your original question for this thread. This thread will be removed in a short while.
    If you read up more on copyright, you will realise that it is indeed an infringement of copyright.... however there are going to to be little or no consequences. There are little or no damages involved, and the user did not use it for commercial purposes. So ease up.

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet
    If you read up more on copyright, you will realise that it is indeed an infringement of copyright.... however there are going to to be little or no consequences. There are little or no damages involved, and the user did not use it for commercial purposes. So ease up.
    If you are running this website, where would you draw the line? Would you only disallow copyright infringements that will have legal consequences?
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Thanks for supplying the link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12