Thread: Alone in the City

Default Alone in the City

c&c will be appreciated.

thank you.

Default Re: Alone in the City

Quote Originally Posted by ahMeng

c&c will be appreciated.

thank you.
    Technically, I think you might want to play around with the white balance. The shot has too much neon light overcast.

I think it would take someone who knows Singapore well to understand that you are indeed *in* the city. Else, one would think you're *outside* the city hoping to go there one day.

The alone theme also didn't come across strongly. Perhaps it is how the subject is seated with the face away from the camera. For such a theme (alone), the subject's facial expression and body language has a huge role to play, and you kinda didn't take advantage of that.

Do try the shot again, and let us know how it works out

GB

thanks GB. i will take note of the neon overcast next time.

now that u mentioned 'in' the city and 'outside' the city, yes, it does occur to me now that 'outside' the city and hoping to go there seems more appropriate. maybe i should change the title. :P

i hope my friend is free to do that shot again soon and i will definitely include his facial expression and body language.

your friend is not really well focused - or maybe he moved. But I rather the focus be on Fullerton.

Quote Originally Posted by espion
    your friend is not really well focused - or maybe he moved. But I rather the focus be on Fullerton.
    yep. the shutter was opened for 25 sec. i would say his movement was very minimal, less his hair being blown by the wind.

i will try to do this shot again.

thanks espion.