Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Travel tripod to recommend?

  1. #41
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Travel tripod to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL
    Slik Sprint Pro is rather shaky. Put on your dslr and long tele and you will see your images shakes thru the viewfinder very easily. Not for serious shooters ...
    slik sprint pro are not meant to put DSLR with tele lens.
    the weight is 2 kg if i'm not wrong... yr tele lens + body will be over by 2kg

  2. #42

    Default Re: Travel tripod to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL
    Slik Sprint Pro is rather shaky. Put on your dslr and long tele and you will see your images shakes thru the viewfinder very easily. Not for serious shooters ...
    just using it for my kit lens when travelling. carrying light is the main objective here. if i am going to shoot fireworks, etc, i will bring my PPCP tripod

  3. #43
    Member hongjone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Travel tripod to recommend?

    I would say that getting a Gitzo is a rather good investment. It's light and strong, though a bit pricey, But it's better than keep having to upgrade to another one, after finding it not very good.. Camera and lens could be change regularly, but tripod technology?? Ha ha. I've got a G1127 and a small ballhead from Manfrotto, and it's working well. Very good for travelling. The G1128 is even more compact, with 4 section legs.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Travel tripod to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by hongjone
    I would say that getting a Gitzo is a rather good investment. It's light and strong, though a bit pricey, But it's better than keep having to upgrade to another one, after finding it not very good.. Camera and lens could be change regularly, but tripod technology?? Ha ha. I've got a G1127 and a small ballhead from Manfrotto, and it's working well. Very good for travelling. The G1128 is even more compact, with 4 section legs.
    thanks for the recommendation, but G1128 is 1.17 kg and 48.26 cm when closed, not that much diff from PPCP's specs, which i already have

    maybe i am the minimalist type, smaller = better, as long as it works for the occasion
    Last edited by lizzy; 10th August 2006 at 11:19 AM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: Travel tripod to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy
    thanks for the recommendation, but G1128 is 1.17 kg and 48.26 cm when closed, not that much diff from PPCP's specs, which i already have

    maybe i am the minimalist type, smaller = better, as long as it works for the occasion
    i'm curious where is this PPCP tripod designed and made in? PPCP seems to be a local company. any idea?

  6. #46

    Default Re: Travel tripod to recommend?

    use the PPCP tripod today for fireworks shooting...
    very very stable.... worthy investment for its price.. cool bag as well...

    anyone tried it with heave tele lens yet ?

  7. #47

    Default Re: Travel tripod to recommend?

    yup.... check it out here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=209229&page=3

    Quote Originally Posted by cikgoo
    use the PPCP tripod today for fireworks shooting...
    very very stable.... worthy investment for its price.. cool bag as well...

    anyone tried it with heave tele lens yet ?

  8. #48
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Travel tripod to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy
    thanks for the recommendation, but G1128 is 1.17 kg and 48.26 cm when closed, not that much diff from PPCP's specs, which i already have

    maybe i am the minimalist type, smaller = better, as long as it works for the occasion
    but then different quality different price...
    you got to feel them personally by yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •