Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Speck on internal mirror!

  1. #1

    Default Speck on internal mirror!

    Its not on the CMOS sensor itself, but on the mirror that leads to the view finder? How to remove? Thanks

  2. #2
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: Speck on internal mirror!

    Quote Originally Posted by gongkia2000
    Its not on the CMOS sensor itself, but on the mirror that leads to the view finder? How to remove? Thanks
    Are you talking of the penta prisim mirror? To clean that your need to take out the focusing screen. I wouldn't advise that. Send it to the service centre.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Speck on internal mirror!

    Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    Are you talking of the penta prisim mirror? To clean that your need to take out the focusing screen. I wouldn't advise that. Send it to the service centre.
    yeah that. i just got it yesterday and it has a speck and gotta send it back. any other methods?

  4. #4
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: Speck on internal mirror!

    Quote Originally Posted by gongkia2000
    yeah that. i just got it yesterday and it has a speck and gotta send it back. any other methods?
    Well if you're really daring remove the focusing screen which is held by a clip. Use a blower to remove the dust. Do this at your own risk. I'm not responsible if you damage the penta prisim mirror. Best let the experts handle it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Speck on internal mirror!

    Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    Well if you're really daring remove the focusing screen which is held by a clip. Use a blower to remove the dust. Do this at your own risk. I'm not responsible if you damage the penta prisim mirror. Best let the experts handle it.
    well i can see the speck its just on the prism in front of the CCD. could i just use a optical cloth to reach in to clean it?

  6. #6
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: Speck on internal mirror!

    Quote Originally Posted by gongkia2000
    well i can see the speck its just on the prism in front of the CCD. could i just use a optical cloth to reach in to clean it?
    gongkia2000 I think you're refering to the main mirror. That being the case just blow it off with a blower. Don't clean with optical paper as the mirror is front coated and may be sratch if you are not careful cleaning it with optical papper.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Speck on internal mirror!

    Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    gongkia2000 I think you're refering to the main mirror. That being the case just blow it off with a blower. Don't clean with optical paper as the mirror is front coated and may be sratch if you are not careful cleaning it with optical papper.
    thanks

  8. #8
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: Speck on internal mirror!

    Quote Originally Posted by gongkia2000
    thanks
    You're welcome.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •