Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AMD or Intel??

Default Re: AMD or Intel??

I still have 4 Intels and 3 AMDs (working system) and 1 Intel 1 AMD (processors only) . Left over from my when I was hardware crazy .
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Intel's Core 2 Duo is better this time round... I'm an AMD user since the first Athlon but it seems intel has managed to top it this time round and by a large margin at that.

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian
    Yes, AMD processors are good for games. I was a gamer. They are not fast, in terms of speed. But due to their built in features and construction, they render 3D games better and smoother than their Intel equivalent.
    game performance largely depends on the graphic card, i will rather spend the extra $$ on better graphic card which is more practical. Esp when you are playing more graphic intensive games at high resolution and high details and anti-alising, it is the graphic card that is the limitation.

i was using a AMD64 3000 for rendering and printing, the rendering alone take up all the CPU power and the PC become so lag until the printing stop half way.

with the older Intel P4-3Ghz (not dual core), the hyperthreading allow better multitasking, i can render, print, surf net, use photoshop, and do few things at the same time without feeling the lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    game performance largely depends on the graphic card, i will rather spend the extra $$ on better graphic card which is more practical. Esp when you are playing more graphic intensive games at high resolution and high details and anti-alising, it is the graphic card that is the limitation.

i was using a AMD64 3000 for rendering and printing, the rendering alone take up all the CPU power and the PC become so lag until the printing stop half way.

with the older Intel P4-3Ghz (not dual core), the hyperthreading allow better multitasking, i can render, print, surf net, use photoshop, and do few things at the same time without feeling the lag.
    This is true to me too. I've had the same experience.

AMD used to be my choice..
    but yeah.. i agree... they have lost out to INTEL..

dual core rocks!

Agreed, Dualcore rocks!
    I'm contented with my 930. Watching tv, surfing, scanning photo & converting video files, no lag .
    Now, I'm the one can't catch up with multi-tasking..

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian
    My intel 930 CPU temp stays at around 30 - 34 deg at stock speed.

I was too busy to do overclocking and testing. If I got the time again, I'll certainly try it. Besides, its already good enough for most applications even games at max resolution and max quality graphics settings.
    Any idea is Scythe Ninja PLUS vs Zalman 9500, which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Any idea is Scythe Ninja PLUS vs Zalman 9500, which is better?
    If u sponsor me one then I try and tell u lor . Anyway, I'm getting lag from my own system . None of the PCs are lagless for me at the moment. Its only which has lesser lag .
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345