Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to The Straits Times expressing Displeasure at the Infringement of Copyrights

Default Re: Letter to The Straits Times expressing Displeasure at the Infringement of Copyrig

Hi Matt! Signed!

Default Re: Letter to The Straits Times expressing Displeasure at the Infringement of Copyrig

Well said! Hope they apologise soon!

Default Re: Letter to The Straits Times expressing Displeasure at the Infringement of Copyrights

Well done Matt !

Ok I am looking to get a few more signatures over the weekend, and send out the letter on Monday

Do forward this around to anyone who may be interested, and add your comments.
    Post this anywhere else that may be relevant too
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

why not get the blogging community involved as well

posted on Cowboy Bar. I'm not really in contact with many bloggers so I'm not sure who to get in touch with.
    any suggestions? perhaps you could forward this.

xiaxue loh...

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    why not get the blogging community involved as well
    gd idea. think they are more vocal ppl.

Default Re: Letter to The Straits Times expressing Displeasure at the Infringement of Copyrights

signed liao

er i dont mean to be picky... but if the writers of the letter take the view that they have been defamed...

then i would suggest that no one reproduce the newspaper here or link to it, as someone did earlier in this thread, because that would also constitute a continuing defamation..

its rather amazing how a top leading print media lacks integrity.

the dtp artist must be damn busy now.

Quote Originally Posted by biggmalique

i dun think it is a lack of integrity, despite of signing for it. i think it is merely an unawareness of how ppl take it.

If anyone knows any of the people published in the cover page, please contact me!thanks.that will strengthen our letter.

Signed!

I have to agree with jdredd though, posting the image (rather then just a link) here on CS is also breach of copyright - just because it is a reproduction I don't think mitigates it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    er i dont mean to be picky... but if the writers of the letter take the view that they have been defamed...

then i would suggest that no one reproduce the newspaper here or link to it, as someone did earlier in this thread, because that would also constitute a continuing defamation..
    sk.images, ex - cyber_m0nkey

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd

Although I also agree, I just find it ironic that you are infinging copyright by taking a photo of a copy of a photo of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Although I also agree, I just find it ironic that you are infinging copyright by taking a photo of a copy of a photo of yourself.
    i think by common sense let's just put aside a minor issue.

Quote Originally Posted by biggmalique

hmm..by "top leading", i assume you mean in terms of readership and not quality?

Cause I wouldn't really associate the paper with quality reports.

Well done mattlock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock
    posted on Cowboy Bar. I'm not really in contact with many bloggers so I'm not sure who to get in touch with.
    any suggestions? perhaps you could forward this.
    i would love to, but i am an old man with no connection with the bloggers

ideas, i have many

update: Letter was sent out on Monday with 72 signatures by registered mail, arrived on Tuesday. now it's just a matter of seeing what the response is.
    in the event of a no response, I will have to call to make noise....

I suggest getting mr brown (mrbrown.com) or mr wang to cover this. Xia xue might not be appropriate due to conflict of interest (she writes for STOMP). By the way, I've seen on the STOMP website terms and conditions that anything you contribute to them belongs to them belongs to SPH, as in you transfer all rights to them. I've sent them an email questioning the authenticity of their terms and conditions but there were no replies. Hence, if you want to upload any pictures, please do read through the T&C carefully. When in doubt, don't upload. Retain the copyrights of your pictures.

Support people, not corporations.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast