Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinatown Photo Contest - Results

Default Chinatown Photo Contest - Results

Hi,

Results are out. The 8 finalists are now published in today's (24/02/02) Chinese Papers. Not very impressive, I'd say. I should have submitted if I knew the general standard is going to be like that. Even the cliche shot of food street shot from the 2nd floor hawker centre made it in.

Go check it out.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Chinatown Photo Contest - Results

Originally posted by ckiang
    Hi,

Results are out. The 8 finalists are now published in today's (24/02/02) Chinese Papers. Not very impressive, I'd say. I should have submitted if I knew the general standard is going to be like that. Even the cliche shot of food street shot from the 2nd floor hawker centre made it in.

Go check it out.

Regards
    CK
    LoL. General standard siah..hehehe
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

I should have submitted if I knew the general standard is going to be like that.

Hi,

Go check it out.

Regards
    CK
    Saw the 8 photos on newspaper, some are nice (not sure how good they are) but some, wonder how it can be selected as finalist. I have seen better photo posted in this forum.

If no copyright issue, I would have taken your photo to submit and win the prize for you. Err, I keep the prize for efford and you keep the trophy for photo, hehe.

Default Re: Re: Chinatown Photo Contest - Results

Originally posted by Kevin
    Saw the 8 photos on newspaper, some are nice (not sure how good they are) but some, wonder how it can be selected as finalist. I have seen better photo posted in this forum.

If no copyright issue, I would have taken your photo to submit and win the prize for you. Err, I keep the prize for efford and you keep the trophy for photo, hehe.
    I didn't even submit any here, coz I didn't think they are good enough (but ziploc's were pretty good to me). Some of them are so run-of-the-mill, like the shot of food street from the hawker centre, which everybody who goes Chinatown will shoot.

Then there's this shot of the restaurant opposite the hawker centre, nothing special - Red Dawn has a better intepretation here:

Yup, most of them looked quite ordinary to me. Maybe my standards are too high, higher than the judges Or maybe those were the best of the worst submitted, given the relatively short time frame for submission.

Regards
    CK

Basket, should've just anyhow sent a photo in.

The judges' comments (in the same article) was that the standard is not high. There were a few good ones but most weren't up to expectations. They have received >400 entries.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Any online website showing the shots which won the competition?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

WTF like that i also can do
    or maybe a photography idiot also can

Originally posted by nicholas1986
    WTF like that i also can do
    or maybe a photography idiot also can
    are you 16 years old??

ya

15+++ to be exact

try learn to talk nicely.

lucifer
    Guests

you know . is very funny . there is so much contest going on and every time . people would comment that standard not very high .

but at the end of the days .
    only hardworking people and people who give a damn get the prize .

is the effort that count . you can snap the best photo in the world . but lazy to send in for a contest . you would never win any prize .

those who won . is those who give a damn .
    and spend the time to post in the entry .

keep it real .

How about people who just snap, have no standard, are thick skinned enough to send their photos in, and hence the resulting comments?

life is like that.....bo pian lor....sigh...

Originally posted by YSLee
    How about people who just snap, have no standard, are thick skinned enough to send their photos in, and hence the resulting comments?
    I don't think it is fair to call them thick-skinned. They are people who dare to try....and in the process they will improve.

Life is always about those who dare to try. Anybody with hindsight can always perform better, but it is the person with foresight that gets the prize.

Hey, there are plenty of shameless people in the world. Don't ever underestimate them.

Originally posted by lucifer
    you know . is very funny . there is so much contest going on and every time . people would comment that standard not very high .

but at the end of the days .
    only hardworking people and people who give a damn get the prize .

is the effort that count . you can snap the best photo in the world . but lazy to send in for a contest . you would never win any prize .

those who won . is those who give a damn .
    and spend the time to post in the entry .

keep it real .
    don't know if anybody realised, but there's quite a bit of truth in wat was said here.
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Totally agree....let's not sound like sour grapes...if we want to see higher standard, then guys...send in your masterpiece next time....

Originally posted by Red Dawn

don't know if anybody realised, but there's quite a bit of truth in wat was said here.
    Indeed, there is. Next time, just send. Don't care liao. Being overly critical of one's work may not be a good thing.

Regards
    CK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast