Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: Come... come... AMK people come...

Default Re: Come... come... AMK people come...

Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo View Post
    Unlikely I can join this time round .... my wife just told me we got something on on Sunday. Anyway, next time if you guys need a meeting place, let me know in advance... I might be able to work out a air-con meeting room in Ang Mo Kio area ... or even a air-con threatre that can house 200 ppl.... or even a air con hall that can house about 1000 ppl....

Can SMS/call me at 93395883
    Wow.... air-con hall that house about 1000!

Are you a school principal?

Thanks man!
    Last edited by photobum; 14th October 2006 at 08:24 AM.

To all,

The meeting is still on. The location is the Big Mac Centre at AMK Central. Time is from 10am to 12 noon.

I wanna join also!! Can?

For those who are able attend, please list your names:

1. Photobum
    2. PhotoSnapper
    3. redstone (should be free)
    4. Tulip123
    5. matrix_76
    6. HVB88
    7. benedium

then how about those who are staying at AMK,can join in the gathering

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Wow.... air-con hall that house about 1000!

Are you a school principal?

Thanks man!
    nah...
    anyway, just realised I can go after all... I will join my wife and my family later in the afternoon. So how do I identify you guys?? Everyone bringing camera??

nah...
    anyway, just realised I can go after all... I will join my wife and my family later in the afternoon. So how do I identify you guys?? Everyone bringing camera??
    I know I won't bring my camera but I don't know about others. When you are there, give me a call on my mobile.

There are some activities currently being planned for all our AMK photographers.

Venue-wise, thanks to Goondoo, we have pretty much got that part iron-out. Phew!!!!

Our main focus now is the upcoming Basic Photoshop Workshop in November. Since computer facility is limited, we must find as many people with PC laptop installed with licensed copy of Photoshop CS2 as possible.

Future plans include a studio portraiture workshop and photo outings.

I will keep all of you informed.
    Last edited by photobum; 16th October 2006 at 08:16 AM.

nah...
    yo bro, sorry i was blur this afternoon when you called, not good with names, but next time i will know who you are, hope you got the lens at a good price, sms me your number also. cheers

To avoid software licensing issues, I suggest those of you who are planning to attend the November Basic Photoshop Workshop to install authentic Photoshop CS2.

For those on budget, you can download the trial version from Adobe website. After all, the workshop lasts only 3 sessions.

But first of all, we need laptops for everyone (if possible). Otherwise, it will be quite difficult to learn the software hands-on.

Goondoo suggested that I create a PowerPoint slide to project on a screen. No offense bro but I prefer to run through the software using demonstration instead of showing slides. There are more than one way to solve an imaging problem. I like people to be flexible. I show them the hammer. How they use it is up to them. Copycat Photoshop users will never harness the true power of the software.
    Last edited by photobum; 17th October 2006 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    To avoid software licensing issues, I suggest those of you who are planning to attend the November Basic Photoshop Workshop to install authentic Photoshop CS2.

For those on budget, you can download the trial version from Adobe website. After all, the workshop lasts only 3 sessions.

But first of all, we need laptops for everyone (if possible). Otherwise, it will be quite difficult to learn the software hands-on.

Goondoo suggested that I create a PowerPoint slide to project on a screen. No offense bro but I prefer to run through the software using demonstration instead of showing slides. There are more than one way to solve an imaging problem. I like people to be flexible. I show them the hammer. How they use it is up to them. Copycat Photoshop users will never harness the true power of the software.

Hi Photobum,
    I agree that Licensing is an extremely touchy issue and learning is more than copycat.

Anyway, I would like to suggest that you consider touching on something else for a start, atleast before we resolve the licensing issue. How about starting your workshops with indoor shooting? like modelling, products, lightings effects etc I believe many are interested as well. I will go find a location if you are keen.

Where everyone go?

Upz for AMK shooters...

yeah any activities going on? or going to happen?

Up for AMK people

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789