Thread: hi all, new to this club.

Wink hi all, new to this club.

hi people, I live in simei. currently own canon 350D (using kit lens). new to this club and forum. been reading up some of the posts. find them very informative and interesting

Default Re: hi all, new to this club.

Welcome to the club

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cola480
    hi people, I live in simei. currently own canon 350D (using kit lens). new to this club and forum. been reading up some of the posts. find them very informative and interesting

Welcome..

Time to shoot more....

Welcome to the forums.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Welcome mate.

And do note that there's a Canon subforum too!

Happy shooting.

Smile Re: hi all, new to this club.

Hello Cola480,

Welcome to the big family. Enjoy your stay.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Welcome to ClubSnap...

Hope you will enjoy learning and sharing here.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

hi guys, thanks. actually been thinking of getting a second lens.. but v confuse by the many diff kinds.. im using the kit lens (18-55mm). serves me well except i can't zoom at times.

been browsing thr the 'buy and sell' section. really a lot of diff kind.. and some are very ex..
    anyway, still browsing

oh, fireworks fest coming! will go capture some fireworks! haha.

Blog Entries

welcome and happy shooting

Welcome to the big family!!!

welcome, me is a newbie here too..
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

hi guys, thanks. actually been thinking of getting a second lens.. but v confuse by the many diff kinds.. im using the kit lens (18-55mm). serves me well except i can't zoom at times.

been browsing thr the 'buy and sell' section. really a lot of diff kind.. and some are very ex..
    anyway, still browsing

oh, fireworks fest coming! will go capture some fireworks! haha.
    Think you should spend more time with this lens, to see what this lens can give you, instead it can't given you.
    You will learn more and well this way.

Hope this helps.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Question Re: hi all, new to this club.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Think you should spend more time with this lens, to see what this lens can give you, instead it can't given you.
    You will learn more and well this way.

Hope this helps.
    thanks. i've been using existing cam for about 8 months now.. just finds it fustrating sometimes, when i can't turn the dial anymore to bring the object of interest closer..dun want to much of the background/ sky sometimes

been looking ard for a second lens but not sure if i really understand the terms also..thus would like to have some kind souls explain a little to me e.g canon EF 55-200 f/4.5-5.6 II USM. i think the 4.5-5.6 refers to the aperture? or am i wrong?

also, there's USM.. sometimes there's DC tag at the back. I read thr a few threads.. understand there's L for pro kind.

currently im using the kit lens (18-55) with canon 350D. if i get second lens, longer range, what should i be looking at for entry level? also, read somewhere about crop factor..

does this means even with my existing kit lens, im not exactly zooming at 55mm when its at 55mm?

thanks for making the effort to answer!

welcome to cs.
    ... nice to meet you too.

thanks. i've been using existing cam for about 8 months now.. just finds it fustrating sometimes, when i can't turn the dial anymore to bring the object of interest closer..dun want to much of the background/ sky sometimes

been looking ard for a second lens but not sure if i really understand the terms also..thus would like to have some kind souls explain a little to me e.g canon EF 55-200 f/4.5-5.6 II USM. i think the 4.5-5.6 refers to the aperture? or am i wrong?

also, there's USM.. sometimes there's DC tag at the back. I read thr a few threads.. understand there's L for pro kind.

currently im using the kit lens (18-55) with canon 350D. if i get second lens, longer range, what should i be looking at for entry level? also, read somewhere about crop factor..

does this means even with my existing kit lens, im not exactly zooming at 55mm when its at 55mm?

well, you could try getting closer to your subject if your already at max telephoto..

yea, the 4.5-5.6 refers to your aperture range.. meaning your max aperture at the widest end would be F4.5 and when you zoom in all the way, your max aperture now becomes F5.6..
    USM stands for Ultrasonic Motor, which gives you faster focusing and lesser noise compared to lens without USM..
    DC is Sigma's designation for lens meant for 1.6x crop cameras, meaning the image circle is just nice for the smaller sensor.. so if you buy a DC lens you can't use it on a film body or a full frame dSLR..

the crop factor just means that your image sensor records an area lesser than that of film, giving a "zoomed in" effect.. it'll look like as if you are using a longer focal length lens.. so if you mount any lens on your cam, it'll give an effective focal length of 1.6x of the physical focal length..
    lets say you have your kit lens at 18mm.. 18 x 1.6 = 28.8, roughly 28mm.. the view from your kit lens at 18mm would be approx. the same if you use a 28mm lens on a film camera..

if you really want to bring your subject real close, you could try getting a macro lens.. but then it doesn't come cheap.. if you want a cheap lens with a longer range, there's the 75-300 but I really wouldn't recommend it.. the quality

hope that answers your questions..

Maybe can share some of your pictures here? And what do u normally shoot?
    Then others can help with proper advises... ya?

hi guys, thanks for your reply.. It was quite sometime since my last post, thus i thought no one would answer anymore

anyway, was browsing thr other threads and reading around when im free. thus, had cleared up my doubt about the crop factor heh heh.

was busy chasing fireworks during august. Now, busy with work. Thus, didn't shoot much.

I didn't upload my pics to CS gallery, find it quite troublesome. haha.

anyway, i started a photoblog when i was shooting fireworks last month. ENJOY