Thread: Moonrise

Default Moonrise

After the failed attempt last time at shooting the boat yard at changi, I decided to go back for a reshoot. I tried a couple of similar compositions and exposures, but it remained crazily boring. I hit upon this idea while brooding over the scene and I believe I succeeded, but does it work for you? I tried some new things I don't usually do in making this image.

My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Default Re: Moonrise

Really really nice. you shoot it in with a large focal length? seems a significant barrel distortion. but really love the peaceful colouful. I would make it my background if my monitor is portrait. haha. May I know the address you shooting from?

I shot it with a fisheye, hence the distortion. The address I'm shooting from? You mean the shooting location?

yarp. location you were shooting form

i don't know if you can use that title for this composition, lens choice is quite oviously too wide to make anything of a moon other than that white spot at the middle left area.. i like the blue, cool tone to it, but can't get anything about the moon in the composition.. just my 2 cents..
    if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

Quote Originally Posted by stjhie
    yarp. location you were shooting form
    I shot it from a bridge in Changi Village.

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk
    i don't know if you can use that title for this composition, lens choice is quite oviously too wide to make anything of a moon other than that white spot at the middle left area.. i like the blue, cool tone to it, but can't get anything about the moon in the composition.. just my 2 cents..
    I kinda thought about the time rather than the moon per se. In fact I was thinking of PSing out the moon because I felt the white dot was somewhat distracting. It's kinda like how a sunrise or sunset shot doesn't need to have the sun in it. It's just the general time.

consider if adding a fake good moon helps? psing out will make it too bland

Quote Originally Posted by stjhie
    consider if adding a fake good moon helps? psing out will make it too bland
    That would take away what I love about this photo though, the simplicity and cleanliness.