Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Woodlands Photographer???

Talking Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

Hey guys and gals... Its me again... I've bought my S3 yesterday at MS color.. I've paid $740 for S3 (bundled with free 512mb card, 4 rechargable batt & charger), a Canon digital bag and 4 sanyo 2700 rechargable batt.... Emmm.... dunno if its worth anot.. But for me I find that its rather a buy buy...

Anyone here interested to go for the free canon basic intro course??
    I've played the camera for a while yesterday and found that there are many things which I do not know.... Time to do some research and read up on some photography book... hahaha

If anyone here wanna go for the Canon course, please ask me along too.. thx so much !!!

Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

Quote Originally Posted by yllew View Post
    Cat, juz post some bah... at least share wif the rest lor...

YC, I prefer 3, 6, 7, & 9... More peaceful feeling though... Hmm... More pics in ur blog??
    thks yllew... yup.. there are more pics on my blog... also at http://picasaweb.google.com/yokechye

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Sheep View Post
    Hey guys and gals... Its me again... I've bought my S3 yesterday at MS color.. I've paid $740 for S3 (bundled with free 512mb card, 4 rechargable batt & charger), a Canon digital bag and 4 sanyo 2700 rechargable batt.... Emmm.... dunno if its worth anot.. But for me I find that its rather a buy buy...

I've played the camera for a while yesterday and found that there are many things which I do not know.... Time to do some research and read up on some photography book... hahaha

If anyone here wanna go for the Canon course, please ask me along too.. thx so much !!!
    Hey Stray Sheep welcome to the club!!!
    Come join our next outing.. "waiting for Aaron to tell us the date" things u don't knoe... ask yllew ba.. he expert lei

Quote Originally Posted by XXXcat View Post
    Come join our next outing.. "waiting for Aaron to tell us the date" things u don't knoe... ask yllew ba.. he expert lei

Woh woh... I no t expert ah... I confirm again that I not EXPERT ah... I also learning to take pics (Juz had my own camera too, not long agao)... But i remember that Canon does not offer any course for those who are using dslr. If muz realli go for course, can look up on USM thread, I think USM is holding course for 400D/350D users... Cant remember liao... >..<

Cat, sabo me...
    My Collection of 不起眼的 Photos
    Proud Owner of Canon 400D

Welcome to the Woodlanders group Stray Sheep! I think your S3 is quite a gd deal, nowadays they even give rechargable batt as freebies, so good.. MS Color prices are normally quite good one. I get some of my stuffs there too.. Maybe u can ask yllew about the canon basic course thing? He's our Canon guru..

There will be upcoming kopi session and photoshoot very soon, do keep a lookout..

Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Haha the next outing coming up very soon le, i am just looking at my schedule and fixing the final date. Be patient lah..

Y everyone say I guru... I realli veri lousy one... Composition like S**T, still can be guru meh? Aiyoh... But do stay tuned for our foto shoot in Woodlands. Hope we all can capture something that everyon has missed...

So Aaron bro, better check fast ah... Cox next Sat, I think I may haf a dance performance that I muz go n watch... But still, I can go another time if I realli realli realli cannot make it... BTW, tis outing is a 1st come 1st served basis?

Thx you so much guys.. Guess I've lots to read up before I met up wif all the "senior" photographers.... All the pics that are posted here look so nice.. Emmm..... Wondering when can I have that kind of standard... HAhahaha... I still have lots and lots of practise and figuring to do.....

Pls let me know when u guys hv any outings... I'm interested to join and learn too !! Thx so much in advance !!

My email: vincent_chuawk@yahoo.com.sg
    MSN: stray_seal@hotmail.com

Take Care Woodlanders !!
    Last edited by Stray Sheep; 2nd November 2006 at 01:09 PM.

Thx you so much guys.. Guess I've lots to read up before I met up wif all the "senior" photographers.... All the pics that are posted here look so nice.. Emmm..... Wondering when can I have that kind of standard... HAhahaha... I still have lots and lots of practise and figuring to do.....

Pls let me know when u guys hv any outings... I'm interested to join and learn too !! Thx so much in advance !!

My email: vincent_chuawk@yahoo.com.s

Take Care Woodlanders !!
    we also still learning ma

Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    we also still learning ma
    haven't start to earn $$ ... so we are still newbie... haha

Haha most of us here are newbies too.. Still learning too, we can all learn together..

Take Care Woodlanders !!

I dun think I can ever earn $$ out of photography with my current skills..

haven't start to earn $$ ... so we are still newbie... haha

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    I dun think I can ever earn $$ out of photography with my current skills..
    Some day can make it one lah... remember wat Larry said b4??

Shld I post more shots on the Halloween here??
    Last edited by yllew; 2nd November 2006 at 09:37 PM.

Bro, we're all newbies here. The only senior guys are those who are old in age (er, I guess that would be me?) but still a newbie. We can learn from one another.

Cheers

Kelvin

Take Care Woodlanders !!
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

Quote Originally Posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Bro, we're all newbies here. The only senior guys are those who are old in age (er, I guess that would be me?) but still a newbie. We can learn from one another.

Cheers

Kelvin

S3 is a good camera, definitely worth the buy

shoot more, you'll eventually learn more. do join us for our sessions and share some of ur takes with us

we're all newbies

Hi bro,

Don't worry too much if others think its a gd buy. Most important is that you think its a gd buy and enjoy your new toy.

The free course basic course is not open to Canon DSLR owners . We have to pay for the DSLR course ($80 bucks). But I strongly encourage you to attend the free course. You'll pick up some gd tips on the use of your camera and learn some terms as well.

There are a few gd books written by John Hedgecoe. You can borrow it from the library (er, I think I borrowed the only copy from Woodlands Library ). Also, if you have problems with some of the functions, do drop some of us Canon users a msg. The thing abt Canon is that all their cameras share more or less the same functional layout.

Enjoy your new toy.

Cheers

Kelvin

EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

Quote Originally Posted by yllew View Post
    Some day can make it one lah... remember wat Larry said b4??

Shld I post more shots on the Halloween here??
    bro i can't share my halloween pic... yesterday my monitor died... now looking for lorbang..
    anyone know apple laptop how much??

Initially i intend to buy mac laptop (APPLE) next yr.. but monitor now spoilt.. ....

bro i can't share my halloween pic... yesterday my monitor died... now looking for lorbang..
    anyone know apple laptop how much??

Initially i intend to buy mac laptop (APPLE) next yr.. but monitor now spoilt.. ....
    http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE...singaporestore

Get MacBook Pro if you can afford it

Hmm... I see whether I got spare monitor or not... Shld haf lah... Not veri good one though...

On comparison on Duo Core and 64bit, which one will be better?? The prices shown is in USD or SGD?? Shld be SGD, rite?? But post pro, which one is better again? Mac or Win?
    Last edited by yllew; 3rd November 2006 at 01:58 PM.