Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222730313233343742 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1006

Thread: Any Woodlands Photographer???

  1. #621

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    For backpack I will go for Lowepro Mini Trekker Aw if I am you.. I think it will be more suitable for u coz u have more gears.. For me, its overkill..

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    i not in sg liao i wanna get a backpack... but dunno which to choose....
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  2. #622
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    For backpack I will go for Lowepro Mini Trekker Aw if I am you.. I think it will be more suitable for u coz u have more gears.. For me, its overkill..
    but its uncomfortable rite? forgot who said its uncomfortable liao.. is it u? hahah

  3. #623

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    For me, I feel its uncomfortable lah, coz my safrotto bag more comfortable.. But I still see alot of ppl using, so maybe it will be ok for u?

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    but its uncomfortable rite? forgot who said its uncomfortable liao.. is it u? hahah
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  4. #624
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    For me, I feel its uncomfortable lah, coz my safrotto bag more comfortable.. But I still see alot of ppl using, so maybe it will be ok for u?
    hmm... i wonder i wonder... but i heard tamrac is better for digital bagpack.. haha.... but too ex liao.. wonder if got discount for a mintrekker

  5. #625
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    (NS9) Woodlands. Beep beep~~
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    anyone here into birding?



    btw yllew, u got delete my pics in ur cam? haa

    Delete liao lah... Relax bro... wouldnt use it for anytg one lah... LOL~~~
    Last edited by yllew; 25th October 2006 at 08:49 AM.
    My Collection of 不起眼的 Photos
    Proud Owner of Canon 400D

  6. #626
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    (NS9) Woodlands. Beep beep~~
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by kelvgoh View Post
    BTW, those of you who are looking for a Dry Cabinet, check out the promo from Digihub.

    http://www.digihub.com.sg/Promotions.aspx

    I'll probably be getting the 80L one if I can confirm promotion price. I'll keep you guys updated on this.

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    I oso wan a 80L liao... Juz remember that home haf a few cameras that belong to my dad... Mayb can also share... Or shld i go for the 100L?? I think my home should have abt 4 cameras with lens...
    My Collection of 不起眼的 Photos
    Proud Owner of Canon 400D

  7. #627
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    (NS9) Woodlands. Beep beep~~
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Confirmation on this wkend shooting please... Or are we waiting for kelvin's recce outcome?
    Aaron, mayb i see whether this sun can join u for the lowerpro exhibition... I was thinking of going for a swim actually, to burn off all the fats accumulated...
    My Collection of 不起眼的 Photos
    Proud Owner of Canon 400D

  8. #628
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    my lens quite soft.. cant capture much details
    no la, this wan need tripod.. sometimes our hand not steady..

  9. #629

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Ya think we wait for kelvin's recce outcome 1st lor.. Come lah, join me for the exhibition.. But for the seminar, u need to register one.. U look at the link I have posted for yokechye..

    Quote Originally Posted by yllew View Post
    Confirmation on this wkend shooting please... Or are we waiting for kelvin's recce outcome?
    Aaron, mayb i see whether this sun can join u for the lowerpro exhibition... I was thinking of going for a swim actually, to burn off all the fats accumulated...
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  10. #630
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by yllew View Post
    Delete liao lah... Relax bro... wouldnt use it for anytg one lah... LOL~~~
    har... why u delete.. i wan leh

  11. #631
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by XXXcat View Post
    no la, this wan need tripod.. sometimes our hand not steady..
    infact i used one... the lens is soft... cant capture much details

  12. #632

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Ya think we wait for kelvin's recce outcome 1st lor..
    Managed to do a quick recce of the place at about 11am. Quite a few houses are decorated for the event. Some are quite elaborate while others are simple. Below are some quick examples using my Cybershot phone (3.2MP) from my car. Sorry for shake as no tripod .

    Pic 1


    Pic 2


    Pic 3


    Pic 4

    I may have a problem going on Sunday evening as my son has exams on Monday but we can go on Saturday evening? I think the best timing should be between 7:00pm to about 8:30pm as it would give the houses time to "light-up".

    I suggest we start from The Woodgrove and make our way in. We can do the "outter circle" (nearest the SLE) adn then do the "inner circle" (nearest Woodlands Ave 1). We do not need to go all the way to WDL St 41 as there are not many houses decorated there (yet).

    What do you guys think?

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

  13. #633

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Thanks for the info bro! Aiya..this Sat evening i can't make it, only morning I am free.. Then Sunday u can't make it.. Maybe u guys go ahead without me lor..

    Quote Originally Posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Managed to do a quick recce of the place at about 11am. Quite a few houses are decorated for the event. Some are quite elaborate while others are simple. Below are some quick examples using my Cybershot phone (3.2MP) from my car. Sorry for shake as no tripod .

    I may have a problem going on Sunday evening as my son has exams on Monday but we can go on Saturday evening? I think the best timing should be between 7:00pm to about 8:30pm as it would give the houses time to "light-up".

    I suggest we start from The Woodgrove and make our way in. We can do the "outter circle" (nearest the SLE) adn then do the "inner circle" (nearest Woodlands Ave 1). We do not need to go all the way to WDL St 41 as there are not many houses decorated there (yet).

    What do you guys think?

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  14. #634

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Thanks for the info bro! Aiya..this Sat evening i can't make it, only morning I am free.. Then Sunday u can't make it.. Maybe u guys go ahead without me lor..
    Bro, I suggest we organise it as a split session on both Sat and Sun. Those who can make it for both, and those who can only make it for one of the 2 days. That way, we can get more members to join in. What do you think?

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

  15. #635
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Bro, I suggest we organise it as a split session on both Sat and Sun. Those who can make it for both, and those who can only make it for one of the 2 days. That way, we can get more members to join in. What do you think?

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    halloween got 2 days one meh?

  16. #636

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    halloween got 2 days one meh?
    Bro, the actual day of Halloween is 31-Oct (Tue) . But We can try both Sat & Sun to capture the "mood" of Halloween with all the decoration and light-up. Something like going China Town during CNY or Gelyang during Hari Raya .

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

  17. #637
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Bro, the actual day of Halloween is 31-Oct (Tue) . But We can try both Sat & Sun to capture the "mood" of Halloween with all the decoration and light-up. Something like going China Town during CNY or Gelyang during Hari Raya .

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    my friend who used to live in one of the house told me that u gotto go ask n check with the ang mos living there whether the halloween starts on the weekend or on 32st the actual day.
    in the American School there are a grp of ladies who run the halloween in woodgrove and they decide to hold it either on the sunday or sat, or on the 31st which is on tue.. coz 31st is a weekday, they might schedule the celebration on the weekend as weekends is a no schooling, no working day.

  18. #638

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    my friend who used to live in one of the house told me that u gotto go ask n check with the ang mos living there whether the halloween starts on the weekend or on 32st the actual day.
    in the American School there are a grp of ladies who run the halloween in woodgrove and they decide to hold it either on the sunday or sat, or on the 31st which is on tue.. coz 31st is a weekday, they might schedule the celebration on the weekend as weekends is a no schooling, no working day.
    Oh like that ah? In that case I suggest we change focus and KIV this Halloween thing for next year. Not enough time to plan and gather the people. Thanks for the heads up bro .

    What'd you guys think?

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

  19. #639
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Oh like that ah? In that case I suggest we change focus and KIV this Halloween thing for next year. Not enough time to plan and gather the people. Thanks for the heads up bro .

    What'd you guys think?

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    haha.... just something to share since i know a friend who stayed there before but moved out.. i think ur first recce pic, opp the house is his house... hhaha.... looks very familiar to me...
    i will not be around from 28-31st oct. hope can take nice pics from kinabalu back to show u all

  20. #640

    Default Re: Any Woodlands Photographer???

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    haha.... just something to share since i know a friend who stayed there before but moved out.. i think ur first recce pic, opp the house is his house... hhaha.... looks very familiar to me...
    i will not be around from 28-31st oct. hope can take nice pics from kinabalu back to show u all
    Enjoy your trip bro. Take some nice pics too.

    Cheers

    Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •