Thread: free MS stick for Sony Alpha 100 purchase

Default free MS stick for Sony Alpha 100 purchase

Lol I was scratching my head when i saw that the launch at MS color they are offering sony MS stick as free gifts for purchase when i rem that it uses CF cards... googled ard then fd that u can use MS stick with CF adaptor.. which begs the qn.. why do they still bother with MS stick with an adaptor? why not jus offer a CF card free since its prob cheaper to manufacture and buy anyway....

Default Re: free MS stick for Sony Alpha 100 purchase

it's a sony. =p
    sigh.

LOL yeah i guess that answers everything.. really hate it when companies try to lock you in to their brands..lol my christmas wish is for my DSLR to be able to use all brands of lens and accessories so i can be a cheapskate when money is short.. and a spendthrift when i have money to burn for my hobby

According to a avid photographer and user here,

his nick is week"x"...

He can confirmed that writing raws files from the R1 is much faster on a MS then to a Sandisk Extreme III CF card.

I have no ideal whether this restriction applies to the A100 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by davsmiths
    According to a avid photographer and user here,

his nick is week"x"...

He can confirmed that writing raws files from the R1 is much faster on a MS then to a Sandisk Extreme III CF card.

yeah, but the R1 has a MS slot along with its CF slot...but the A100 only has a CF slot...MS can only be used through an CF to MS adaptor...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by slaam
    LOL yeah i guess that answers everything.. really hate it when companies try to lock you in to their brands..lol my christmas wish is for my DSLR to be able to use all brands of lens and accessories so i can be a cheapskate when money is short.. and a spendthrift when i have money to burn for my hobby
    its call marketing...

Quote Originally Posted by davsmiths

I remember reading that on the A100, the reverse is true. I guess the point is for those currently use a Sony compact digital camera, they don't have to let their MS Duo go to waste. And yeah, it's MS Duo to CF, not full size MS.