Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DELL 2407 FPW Widescreen Display

Default Re: DELL 2407 FPW Widescreen Display

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    i know it once i got a 20"... d*** it
    no cure.
    heh, just like after I use a 19inch crt, I cannot tahan screen smaller than that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Errz
    heh, just like after I use a 19inch crt, I cannot tahan screen smaller than that anymore
    actually is due to the resolution....
    sign...
    can't get the traditional 19" CRT 1600x1200

I'm using the 2407 actually. My comments?

Colours very nice, especially after calibration with Eye1. However, note the following:

1. Native resolution is 1920x1200, so if you're buying it for gaming, make sure you have a good video card.. my 6600GT is barely coping when at full resolution

On a more serious note, the monitor has the following 'issues':

1. Displays gradient banding on DVI inputs. There are 3 modes, on Desktop mode, Dell made a 'fix' by disabling some processing function. This has cut down the horizontal banding significantly in that mode, but vertical banding is still present, and there is still horizontal banding in the other 2 modes (gaming and multimedia, i think).

2. There's a problem displaying 1600x1200 in 4:3 mode, unless you use nVidia card and can force the card to display in 4:3

3. There was some reported problems with 1080i using component inputs, but can't confirm this as I don't use component on this.

Overall, I love this monitor, big clear and sharp. The banding is not obvious 95% of the time, so it doesn't bother me. The one at Suntec is the older 2405, which does not have banding, so you can't compare directly.
    Last edited by Gymrat76; 30th July 2006 at 05:31 PM.

Deregistered

GYR, how muchie you paid for it?

Quote Originally Posted by _espn_
    GYR, how muchie you paid for it?
    Initially I ordered at $1349, then had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. In that time, it dropped to $1299. I called Dell up and got a ~$50 on the difference, since I had not gotten the monitor yet. So, essentially I paid $1299

Excellent widescreen panel for gaming, which I use it for mostly... also good for DVD movies and anime...wow! Especially since I watch all movies on my PC and not my 24" TV in the living room

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Initially I ordered at $1349, then had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. In that time, it dropped to $1299. I called Dell up and got a ~$50 on the difference, since I had not gotten the monitor yet. So, essentially I paid $1299

Excellent widescreen panel for gaming, which I use it for mostly... also good for DVD movies and anime...wow! Especially since I watch all movies on my PC and not my 24" TV in the living room
    Hmmm now you're tempting me, Wonder if my ATI 9250 can support the output. Was thinking of getting it to use on my PC and retire my 19" as video-out from my Mac.

Hmmm now you're tempting me, Wonder if my ATI 9250 can support the output. Was thinking of getting it to use on my PC and retire my 19" as video-out from my Mac.
    B!B!B! Your R9250 can support for sure, since it can go up to 2048 x 1536

If using for photo editing and movies, will be excellent... if you wanna game, well, either use lower res, or upgrade your vid card

Dell has interest-free installment plan with CitiBank and some other bank credit card, so no need to think liao

Deregistered

B!B!B! Your R9250 can support for sure, since it can go up to 2048 x 1536

If using for photo editing and movies, will be excellent... if you wanna game, well, either use lower res, or upgrade your vid card

Dell has interest-free installment plan with CitiBank and some other bank credit card, so no need to think liao
    Ah, GYR, you is very bad, don't tempt me

I was wondering if my current Samsung 19" LCD retires maybe next year end (3 years) the Dell or Apple would be my next in choice (prefer Apple of course).

Since my mbp supports spanning & itself is a WA screen, thought of going wide with my next purchase

I was wondering if my current Samsung 19" LCD retires maybe next year end (3 years) the Dell or Apple would be my next in choice (prefer Apple of course).

Since my mbp supports spanning & itself is a WA screen, thought of going wide with my next purchase
    Next year ah? Cheh... by then you better go for the 30" LCD lor

PLEASE BUY

unless u can afford the ACD.

but i think between the ACD 23" and (i think gotta top up a bit for) 2x2407.. i would choose 2x2407.

Buy lah .. MTL. u know u NEED it.

Will this one blow up anot? :P

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing
    Will this one blow up anot? :P
    Walau! Touchwood!

It does get pretty hot at the back, but I heard its normal

Walau! Touchwood!

It does get pretty hot at the back, but I heard its normal

I think he saw the dell laptop blowup incident lah. thats why ask will it blow up or not

Tempting ... saw this @ at a HWZner's place when i collected some stuff... asked him to demo ... very refined.

Pity - HP Singapore doesn't carry stock of their monitor which rivals to this dell...

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Tempting ... saw this @ at a HWZner's place when i collected some stuff... asked him to demo ... very refined.

Pity - HP Singapore doesn't carry stock of their monitor which rivals to this dell...

BBB MTL!

Hi...anyone can help enlighten me on the foot print this monitor will need to take up?...heh...cos my desk actually velly small liaoz...went to the Dell website...funny they don't put dimensions...if anyone got the 20" dimension would greatly appreciate that info as well...thnx all...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12