Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Challenging outdoor shoot

Default Re: Challenging outdoor shoot

i'm super interested.

super interested to see who will sign up.

upz for madscientist! go go go!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by madscientist
    for those hu very kiasu
    Plug the charger into where to recharge batteries huh?

Hi Long Thai Bean,

Do not worry as one of the retail outlets allows us to use their plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean
    Plug the charger into where to recharge batteries huh?

can someone tell me what the challenge is? still cannot figure out.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    Elementary smurfman! Elementay!

It's challenging for our mad organiser.

With zero experience in organising model shoot, and to have picked a difficult venue - night time outdoor with 2 strobes and 10 photographers, it is down right challenging.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Elementary smurfman! Elementay!

It's challenging for our mad organiser.

With zero experience in organising model shoot, and to have picked a difficult venue - night time outdoor with 2 strobes and 10 photographers, it is down right challenging.

Then the organiser shd pay photographer am i right, cos we are helping he/her to gain experience. But 1 photographer shd charge how much? I think $120/- per person is the best package i can think of.

What is elementary? i check dictionary now.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Hi Deadpoet,

Not zero experience. The only difficulty I faced in this shoot is well, I shall not list it here as it sounds real ugly. I believe you should know what I intended to say.

Hi smurfman,

Sure, but unfortunately, a photographer's pay is higher than that.

Hi smurfman,

Can lah, you pay $120 per photographer sure got ppl join.

not all join are pro mah.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Hi Deadpoet,

Not zero experience. The only difficulty I faced in this shoot is well, I shall not list it here as it sounds real ugly. I believe you should know what I intended to say.

Hi smurfman,

You mean the amount of grief I am giving you!

If you knew what you are going, then I will have no opportunity to SLAM you. But you just don't know when to stop. Oh well.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Hi Deadpoet,

No, not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    You mean the amount of grief I am giving you!

If you knew what you are going, then I will have no opportunity to SLAM you. But you just don't know when to stop. Oh well.

Deregistered

The location be set in Cavenagh Bridge. I will seal off the bridge.
    Curious, what if there are other professional photographers taking photos for wedding couples? Are they going to shooed off? As for sealing the bridge, what do you mean, seal? I know of the hermatic seal, the lawyer's seal on seized properties, the Imperior Emperior's seal.. but this is the first time I've heard of sealing off a bridge. What if halfway through shooting people want to cross the Singapore River? Do they need to jump in the water to swim across? Is the bridge going to be sealed by commandos or policemen?

Hi Long Thai Bean,

Do not worry as one of the retail outlets allows us to use their plugs.
    I don't think LTB needs a plug, he might want to ask about a power socket, not a plug!

Hi sehsuan,

Night wedding shoots, I didn't know ROM extended their operating hours.
    Unless you are LTA, you have no need to worry about the traffic flow.
    Commandos or policemen? Your $120 wouldn't even cover a fraction of the costs involved.
    It is common to seal off a small area for shoots to take place, traffic flow may be interrupted, but not totally. They do not have to swim across Singapore River like you said.
    You require police if you are shooting in sensitive areas, high traffic flow area and/or using explosives or firearms.

Unlike you, I am not into technical terms. So, I will still call a power socket as a power plug.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    Curious, what if there are other professional photographers taking photos for wedding couples? Are they going to shooed off? As for sealing the bridge, what do you mean, seal? I know of the hermatic seal, the lawyer's seal on seized properties, the Imperior Emperior's seal.. but this is the first time I've heard of sealing off a bridge. What if halfway through shooting people want to cross the Singapore River? Do they need to jump in the water to swim across? Is the bridge going to be sealed by commandos or policemen?

I don't think LTB needs a plug, he might want to ask about a power socket, not a plug!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    To get enough photographers to form an unbreakable line to seal off that Cavenagh Bridge.
    always the Light, .... always.

Deregistered

Hi sehsuan,
    Night wedding shoots, I didn't know ROM extended their operating hours.
    There was a time I happened to pass by the area in the evening, and I happened to see as many as FOUR different couples having their shots taken. But I do believe their photos were even more challenging than yours because they don't have a 500W strobe (or two) with them... but then again, they have one flash (or a few, who knows?) for one photographer with many spare batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    To get enough photographers to form an unbreakable line to seal off that Cavenagh Bridge.
    so how many joined? if none then that is a challenge man.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Hi Sehsuan,

Originally, there wasn't any strobe. The strobes were added after some of them said they can't do without lighting. They were added to suit the requirements of you guys. I am into technically incredible shoots. For me, a slave flash would be good enough.

There was a time I happened to pass by the area in the evening, and I happened to see as many as FOUR different couples having their shots taken. But I do believe their photos were even more challenging than yours because they don't have a 500W strobe (or two) with them... but then again, they have one flash (or a few, who knows?) for one photographer with many spare batteries.

Deregistered

Thanks for the explanation. But I believe your potential shooters will want to know provisions have been made for wedding couples who happen to be there that night not to be disadvantaged by not being able to use the bridge, should they intend to use it.

Hi Sehsuan,

They will be able to use the bridge as we will not be using the whole bridge. We will welcome anyone who wishes to shoot the bridge to utilise the parts which we are not using.

Thanks for the explanation. But I believe your potential shooters will want to know provisions have been made for wedding couples who happen to be there that night not to be disadvantaged by not being able to use the bridge, should they intend to use it.

Deregistered

Then which would it be? Sealing off the bridge or?...

Then which would it be? Sealing off the bridge or?...
    I seriously don't think it is possible to "seal off" the bridge to all traffic. It is a public access bridge and even the police would have difficult or would have to have a very good reason if they wanted to do it.

To corner off a little area for the shoot is probably the best mad scientist can do ...

There will prob be too much traffic on and around the bridge that day to even find an area to shoot ... That's not taking into consideration also other 'kapo' people shooting along side without the organiser knowing .... and triggering off the strobes ...

Anyway ... it is 2 more days to the "challenging shoot" I am definately keen to see who had signed up for the shoot already.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast