Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: travelling to Vietnam Huh Ching Ming City

Default travelling to Vietnam Huh Ching Ming City

Hi guys,

Im heading to Huh Ching Ming City for around 3-4 days. So is there anything nice worth visiting and great place + subjects for photography ??? As i cant get tickets to Hanoi, im thinking of travelling out of the city and into some northern nearby countryside. Can anyone help or offer advise ?? thanks

Default Re: travelling to Vietnam Huh Ching Ming City

Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75
    Hi guys,

Im heading to Huh Ching Ming City for around 3-4 days. So is there anything nice worth visiting and great place + subjects for photography ??? As i cant get tickets to Hanoi, im thinking of travelling out of the city and into some northern nearby countryside. Can anyone help or offer advise ?? thanks
    U mean Ho Chih Min City; previously known as Saigon?

Try the following places:

• Ben Thanh market
    • City Opera House
    • Notre Dame Cathedral
    • Central Post Ofice
    • Reunification Palace
    • Cu Chi tunnels
    • Vinh Long

Took me a day to learn how to cross the streets/road.

Have fun.
    Last edited by grimes; 27th July 2006 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    U mean Ho Chih Min City; previously known as Saigon?
    ya, haha, sorry, wrong spelling

@grimes - hi, thanks for the suggestions will check out those places. Is there any outsirt rural place with nice scenery near the city ?? coz want to try some special places.

Hi Ramius75

Rural?
    Vinh Long(my regret was not planning to stay for 2 days, heard the the river market is busy in the morning)

If you are on free and easy, can always go to hotel reception. They have recommendations too!

Almost forget, have a tripod if you would like to shoot at night.

Quote Originally Posted by grimes
    Hi Ramius75

Rural?
    Vinh Long(my regret was not planning to stay for 2 days, heard the the river market is busy in the morning)

If you are on free and easy, can always go to hotel reception. They have recommendations too!

Almost forget, have a tripod if you would like to shoot at night.
    hi, thanks !!

ya, beside HCM, im also thinking of going to some nearby outskirt area. but not sure, how, maybe will try this Vinh Long area.

Im travelling all free and easy, infact havent book the hotel yet. Any recommendation ? looking for something cheap and good , haha + safe.

Yup, think will bring tripod this time, just in case i need it

well, you may want "research" accomodation options in Vinh Long. http://http://www.cuulongtourist.net/

As for hotels, i stayed at new world hotel saigon-76 Le Lai St District 1. safety is okay. close proximity to ben thanh market. But will set you back on your wallet.

I have friends who stayed at duxton hotel-59 Nguyen Hue St District 1. Closer to the attractions. But not Ben Thanh Market. abt the rates.

Ofcourse there are plenty of options.

well, you may want "research" accomodation options in Vinh Long. http://http://www.cuulongtourist.net/

As for hotels, i stayed at new world hotel saigon-76 Le Lai St District 1. safety is okay. close proximity to ben thanh market. But will set you back on your wallet.

I have friends who stayed at duxton hotel-59 Nguyen Hue St District 1. Closer to the attractions. But not Ben Thanh Market. abt the rates.

Ofcourse there are plenty of options.
    cool the room in vietnam very cheap, much cheaper than bangkok. Did u know of any place where i can visit the vietnam war tunnel ?? do i have to book a day trip ? heard we can fire real weapons there too, is it true ?

Yes, it is true. The name is Cu Chi Tunnel. You can fire real weapons and also experience the 'tunnel lifestyle' during the American invasion of Vietnam. You will need to arrange for some of transportation as it can be quite a long distance.

Cheers,

Daniel

You can view some of the pictures that was take during my recent trip there:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/juiyong

cool the room in vietnam very cheap, much cheaper than bangkok. Did u know of any place where i can visit the vietnam war tunnel ?? do i have to book a day trip ? heard we can fire real weapons there too, is it true ?

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711
    Yes, it is true. The name is Cu Chi Tunnel. You can fire real weapons and also experience the 'tunnel lifestyle' during the American invasion of Vietnam. You will need to arrange for some of transportation as it can be quite a long distance.

Cheers,

Daniel

You can view some of the pictures that was take during my recent trip there:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/juiyong
    thanks for the information

im think i will book the so called day trip there, which is 50 USD per pax... beside that, any other suggestion ? Any rural area near the city that we can visit with nice scenery ?? i hope i wont be bringing the tripod there for nothing, hehe

as oracle0711 mentioned, cu chi tunnels . Day tours...thats the easiest wayout. After that still have time to visit the city.

Yeah they have AK, M16.... but can only firing from a FIXED position.

as oracle0711 mentioned, cu chi tunnels . Day tours...thats the easiest wayout. After that still have time to visit the city.

Yeah they have AK, M16.... but can only firing from a FIXED position.
    hahah, ok, coz my friend wants to fire some real weapons, so have to go there. 1 USD per shot thou, very ex

Btw, is DONG widely accepted there ?? or bring USD ?? where is the best place to change both currency in singapore ?

hahah, ok, coz my friend wants to fire some real weapons, so have to go there. 1 USD per shot thou, very ex

Btw, is DONG widely accepted there ?? or bring USD ?? where is the best place to change both currency in singapore ?
    i thought it was USD 1.80? but nevertheless, USD 1 is also expensive. Day tours quite personlised. i think food included too.

both dong/usd accepted. But remember to "bargain" when you buy.

i tried serangoon mustafa, but no deal as exchange denominations are odd. So crossed to the a roadside xchange to get it over with.

i thought it was USD 1.80? but nevertheless, USD 1 is also expensive. Day tours quite personlised. i think food included too.

both dong/usd accepted. But remember to "bargain" when you buy.

i tried serangoon mustafa, but no deal as exchange denominations are odd. So crossed to the a roadside xchange to get it over with.
    wow, thats ex !! i think i rather shoot rifles duing ICT then...thou itchy for an AK47.

oh, was thinking of going golden mile to change, but i think mustafa will do too

dont think they speak english there, will it be hard to bargain ?

Have fun shooting.
    wherever it is most convenient to you mate.
    Hehe, they can speak english else can always use "gestures"...had a very hard time at the tailor even resorted to drawing.

Have fun shooting.
    wherever it is most convenient to you mate.
    Hehe, they can speak english else can always use "gestures"...had a very hard time at the tailor even resorted to drawing.
    wah, hahaha, ok ok, coz was stressed recently. bad planning for trip, scare of ah hoc planning and also afraid to waste too much time exploring and getting lost. hehehe.

will be brining the 17-40 and 50mm there only... -_-"

....Btw, is DONG widely accepted there ?? or bring USD ?? where is the best place to change both currency in singapore ?
    bring lots of USD$1 if you could... they transact in smaller USD$ denomination and if you dont hv any, they may return u in Dong... which become worthless when you return home.

be courageous when u cross the roads cos they (motorcycles & cars) wont stop for u, not even at pedestrain crossing....

enjoy yr trip!

btw, we stayed here. clean nice place run and occupied by many singaporeans....

If you're "free & easy" and have a little time to spare, go there to book your day trips... cos it ranges from 5-50 USD depending on your luxury level
    I went for the 1/2 day trip for US$4

thanks for the information

im think i will book the so called day trip there, which is 50 USD per pax... beside that, any other suggestion ? Any rural area near the city that we can visit with nice scenery ?? i hope i wont be bringing the tripod there for nothing, hehe

wah, hahaha, ok ok, coz was stressed recently. bad planning for trip, scare of ah hoc planning and also afraid to waste too much time exploring and getting lost. hehehe.

will be brining the 17-40 and 50mm there only... -_-"
    grab a city map from the hotel lobby. might come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_catz
    bring lots of USD$1 if you could... they transact in smaller USD$ denomination and if you dont hv any, they may return u in Dong... which become worthless when you return home.

be courageous when u cross the roads cos they (motorcycles & cars) wont stop for u, not even at pedestrain crossing....

enjoy yr trip!

btw, we stayed here. clean nice place run and occupied by many singaporeans....
    Any idea where i can change alot of USD $1 ?? dont thikn they are very popular around here...

Thanks for the hotel recommendation but we thinking of staying in those 40 USD hotel, haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast