Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Photo Gallery for Website

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Singapore/Australia
    Posts
    258

    Default Photo Gallery for Website

    hi guys and gals,

    was wondering if what are some of the photo gallery web generators ppl do use?

    anyone?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    Quote Originally Posted by championboxer
    hi guys and gals,

    was wondering if what are some of the photo gallery web generators ppl do use?

    anyone?
    you can check out JAlbum - i have used it before and it is nice.

    i am currently using coppermine - check out my web site.

    there are several other options available - some free, some not so free.

    ciao.
    satish
    My Website

  3. #3
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    i use simpleviewer.
    can check it out at my link in my sig.
    sigh.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    I like singapore ( http://singapore.sourceforge.net )... which is php based.

    They have lots of different themes to choose from.


    marc

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    I'm surprised that no one mentioned Gallery. Plugins are supported for a variety of add-on functionality.

    It's a popular GPL online album software with a great price $F.R.E.E.
    Last edited by ping; 2nd August 2006 at 02:40 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    Gallery requires a MySQL database which is not free. You forgot to mention that part. Same with Coppermine and Zenphoto.

    The Singapore Gallery (project is UK-based) can function without a database.

    Are there any Open Source projects based in Asia? Why are they all in the USA or the UK?
    Dunno


    Quote Originally Posted by ping
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned Gallery. Plugins are supported for a variety of add-on functionality.

    It's a popular GPL online album software with a great price $F.R.E.E.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    My apologies. I assumed that if you are considering Coppermine or Singapore, you would be using a 3rd party hosting service (unless you have your own dedicated server ), which usually comes at least 1 or 2 free MySQL database accounts.


    Quote Originally Posted by r52lanc
    Gallery requires a MySQL database which is not free. You forgot to mention that part. Same with Coppermine and Zenphoto.

    The Singapore Gallery (project is UK-based) can function without a database.

    Are there any Open Source projects based in Asia? Why are they all in the USA or the UK?
    Dunno

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    i use simpleviewer.
    can check it out at my link in my sig.

    I like simple viewer too...but for web hosting which one u got to recommend?

  9. #9
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    i used to use dh.com.sg but the support is almost non existant so i switched to my friend's server.
    sigh.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Photo Gallery for Website

    Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    i used to use dh.com.sg but the support is almost non existant so i switched to my friend's server.
    Totally agree with you. My first web hosting was with dh.com.sg, but I gave up after a year. Their support is minimal to the extent of non-existent. Their deal isn't really that competitive either.

    My current web host is with w3hub.com, used that for 2 years because I didn't managed to find another better choice. I installed Gallery script on it, but unfortunately, they disabled some PHP stuffs so I couldn't really use Gallery to its fullest. The package is definitely not value for money.

    I'm waiting for my current contract to expire, then I'll switch over to seastarnet.com. They're having a promotion now, until 17 Aug. For around SGD $8.95 per month, you get 2.5GB webspace. They support Gallery fully.
    Last edited by tamade; 14th August 2006 at 01:23 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •