Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: kitten dismembered

Default Re: kitten dismembered

To Ian,

It is said that a human character can be seen by the way he or she treats his or her pets.

Yes it cannot be denied that there are disasters, famine and wars. It is not to say that one should not care about it but instead care about only animals. It is more about one's attitude towards the living be it animal or human.

Some here might have hurled remarks that are uncalled for and I apologise on their behalf. Perhaps they are over zealous and hence the heated words.

We might be human and we might be the smartest creature on Earth but the way we treat our environment and nature is not reflecting that of a smart creature. We have hunted various species to extinction and destroyed habitats. We only destroy and we seldom create. At the end of the day we will destroy ourselves.

Your comments that Cats are not good pets.... well put it this way, are animals really pets or should they be called companions instead? Do you really own them or do you build a relationship with them? And as one fellow member here has said Cats do show affection that is if you deserve it. I have one example, I once saved a kitten that was really sick. Knowing nothing at that time and young and innocent I was, I fed the kitten panadol (Dont try this at home, panadol is poisionous to cats and dogs) For some reason she got well and after that it was so affection to the point I was "terrified"! She would climb on my lap then on to my shoulder and lick my ears.

And at the present moment, I have a 4 week old kitten that I found when he was a few days old. Took care of him, cuddle him whenever he cried, slept with him in the night with on my stomach and my gf on my lap. And he is growing up to be one affectionate kiddo. Presently sleeping on my foot as I am typing this.

One of India's great Kings, King Asoka was a war like conqueror who was tasked to continute his father's tradition of unitying the land. However he realised that war brought about suffering and that instead of fighting wars to get peace, why not stop fighting in the first place and we would have peace. Hence he stopped the wars and decreeded that India should be a land of compassion to both humans and animals and that no one is to be prejudiced against because of religion or race.

In another show of how callous Humans can be is in the pet food scandal. Check out the link and u will know what I mean.

http://www.api4animals.org/facts?p=359&more=1

Quote Originally Posted by ianpaice
    Not a fan of pets but I think if a dog got abused instead, I would be much more upset. I think dog is one of the most intelligent and loyal being that qualify as true friends of human beings.

But a cat ... is er.... so unfriendly, so non-responsive ( tell a cat to sit or roll over is mission impossible. Getting it to lead a blind man across a road is even unheard of. Neither can cats sniff out survivors in a disaster) I just cant see it as a pet, compare to dogs not even close at all...
    I, once was a pure dog lover only, but of course I didnt eat cat meats and drink qingtao beer with my china counterparts...
    however, a few years back...found 2 kittens in my shophouse office...and took care of them for nearly a year...before i managed to re-home them..
    There was once when one of them "ran away" and lost for a few days..
    And after searching...high and low..found him at a drain nearby and when i saw him..
    called out "kitty...u seow ah..come back now.."

he ran towards me...like a lost child..and "meow" non stop...

thats when i realised they can be so affectionate too....and from then now, i really have a different feeling towards cats too..

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    To be 'politically correct' and to practice 'racial harmony' and 'religion tolerance' in this multi-racial, multi-religion country, I was prompted to remove some of my postings in this thread.

I was also told to apologise to all the animal rights activists in this forum. I was also warned not to mention anything about cats, or eating cat for food again.

We do not need an apology from you..
    Perhaps, just one fine day...do help an injured kitten or cat that you see at your estate..
    healed it to health...and we might see eye to eye in the future regarding this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonball
    We do not need an apology from you..
    Perhaps, just one fine day...do help an injured kitten or cat that you see at your estate..
    healed it to health...and we might see eye to eye in the future regarding this issue.
    Words of wisdom!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    In another show of how callous Humans can be is in the pet food scandal. Check out the link and u will know what I mean.

http://www.api4animals.org/facts?p=359&more=1
    Good article. Next time I will try to feed animals organic food!

hehe... dun know whats the big huha about ..its an animal. Open your eyes and see worse things happening around the world, disasters, racism riots, illnesses, famines etc...

From the sarcastic remarks,taunts and curses in this thread, I see more violence and evil in some of these so-called "animal lovers" towards others.
    Actually Ian, I see that behind these sarcastic remarks, taunts and curses is a meaningful thought - Respect life.

i once saw this article regarding killing of cats dogs chickens and cows. the latter 2 are food animals for most while the former 2 are generally pets. now, if we can breed cows and chickens just for food, how come there is such a controversy over killing of cats and dogs ?

japan also once said, why does the world condemm our whale killing when japan did not condemn killing of other animals for food by the rest of the world.

these 2 articles, as much as i may not support them, kept me quiet regarding what animals shld be eaten because i myself couldnt answer the question.
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago
    i once saw this article regarding killing of cats dogs chickens and cows. the latter 2 are food animals for most while the former 2 are generally pets. now, if we can breed cows and chickens just for food, how come there is such a controversy over killing of cats and dogs ?

japan also once said, why does the world condemm our whale killing when japan did not condemn killing of other animals for food by the rest of the world.

these 2 articles, as much as i may not support them, kept me quiet regarding what animals shld be eaten because i myself couldnt answer the question.
    That's what I wanted to convey here too! But I have been misunderstood here by some...........as well as Photobum, whom I agree with (for once, he he he), although he puts it here too bluntly for others to understand correctly.

I also don't condemn killing af animals as food (although I am vegetarian myself) as that is a personal choice, but the amount of animals we eat is way too much! We just eat too much, that's is already known worldwide....... being against eating of pets to me is very subjective. If you are against eating of pets, then you should also be against eating of other animals, otherwise you are just discriminating and you follow your own attachments and emotions. But we can start somewhere off course..........

The problem with whale killing is that some whales are in low numbers, and it is human maybe to try to keep what is there as it is. I do know that whatever species disapppear, and species do disappear continuously all the time, nature will find a balance with or without humans, whether we speed up things or not, Nature will find a balance. And new species will appear too.......

Anyway, what is called 'species' is just a human way of putting nature in boxes so that we can understand it better.

Hong Sien
    Last edited by hongsien; 28th July 2006 at 06:38 PM.

wah rao eh..

eating, and being intentionally cruel to animals for some morbid reasons, are two different issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    wah rao eh..

eating, and being intentionally cruel to animals for some morbid reasons, are two different issues.
    I know, off course there is a difference, but someone here got ticked for eating cats......

HS

Not a fan of pets but I think if a dog got abused instead, I would be much more upset. I think dog is one of the most intelligent and loyal being that qualify as true friends of human beings.

But a cat ... is er.... so unfriendly, so non-responsive ( tell a cat to sit or roll over is mission impossible. Getting it to lead a blind man across a road is even unheard of. Neither can cats sniff out survivors in a disaster) I just cant see it as a pet, compare to dogs not even close at all...
    And that makes them less deserving of protection from the deluded sadists that run around the island?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    To Photobum,

Its not about lightening up and not allowing you to crack jokes not matter how tasteless they are. Its about your attitude overall.

1) With your "its a million dollar deal etc hence I cannot refuse" I have travelled to China myself and to other parts of the world. I dont deny I have been offered dog meat, And I dont deny that I have rejected eating them too. Saying politely that I don't really eat such stuff. I still got on fine and I still got the deal. Sometimes they do know that you dont like such stuff but they will serve you all the same to test how you react to it. And sometimes they actually respect you for standing on your ground. Whileelse when u eat it and try to stomach it down. They are laughing outside the room saying what a funny fellow you are.

2) About road kills, things get killed and yes its an accident. But you dont gleefully joke about it.

3) As for whether animals have souls, well put it this way what makes you so sure Humans have souls in the first place? The way that I see it... for all you know there might be no heaven or hell, no God, no nothing. And if animals have no souls, so it means that they are just breathing organisms that happen to be able to feel cold, warmth, cry and scream on cue, react to stimuli like pain and pleasure. And oh yeah they feel nothing, just programming.

On a end note, you remind me of those kids that dismember insects, torture kittens and puppies and gleefully laugh and clap their hands and say so fun!!!
    1. What can I say..... The China businessmen are smart. They wanted to know if I could blend in with them before they discuss 'the deal'. If I did not eat those cat meat, the deal might have landed in our competitors' hands.
    2. No, this is not a joke. It is 100% true.
    3. No comments. I believe there is a higher power above us.
    Finally, I never like dissection during my biology class in school. I prefer the physics especially the laws of thermodynamics.
    Last edited by photobum; 28th July 2006 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    wah rao eh..

I couldn't agree more. However there are some people here who think otherwise and pair both issues together. They are more narrow-minded than I am. Sad.....

I remember when I was a child, I used to play with the chickens at my grandmother's house (she lived in a kampung). Later then I realised that the stew chicken in dark sauce I had for dinner was 'Mr Rooster', my best buddy.

Anyway, I am being watched. So, I better not write too much.
    Last edited by photobum; 28th July 2006 at 11:45 PM.

hehe... dun know whats the big huha about ..its an animal. Open your eyes and see worse things happening around the world, disasters, racism riots, illnesses, famines etc...

From the sarcastic remarks,taunts and curses in this thread, I see more violence and evil in some of these so-called "animal lovers" towards others.

What's the big hoo-ha you say?

If you can't deal with a small kitten, please don't even think of handling the famines and indiscriminate bombings of the world.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

I couldn't agree more. However there are some people here who think otherwise and pair both issues together. They are more narrow-minded than I am. Sad.....

I remember when I was a child, I used to play with the chickens at my grandmother's house (she lived in a kampung). Later then I realised that the stew chicken in dark sauce I had for dinner was 'Mr Rooster', my best buddy.

Anyway, I am being watched. So, I better not write too much.
    oh please, stop trying to defend yourself. just look at the 2nd post in this thread, you think it's cool? so what there are narrow minded people, at least they're better than you thinking such an act is cool.

and why bother to delete your post if u think you're all correct
    Last edited by djork; 28th July 2006 at 11:52 PM.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Quote Originally Posted by djork
    ......and why bother to delete your post if u think you're all correct
    I have seen a real human being shot dead at gunpoint right in front of my very eyes. So what is a dismembered cat to me? It means absolutely nothing. If a human can do nasty things to another human (sometimes even to their own flesh-and-blood), I am sure animals are not spared either.

Anyway, I have my reasons for deleting those messages.
    Last edited by photobum; 29th July 2006 at 08:00 AM.

This thread is to show what a gratituous act of violence has been visited on a kitten, and by some means of inflationary ballooning,somehow has become a totally OT thread.

If anyone want's to say they can't feel a modicum of sympathy for a little creature, this is not the place.Common sense would tell them that. We don't need their opinions here either.

There's a time for debate, and there's a time for such people to move off, and not let the door hit them on the way out.

Thanks.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Bro... your interpretation is really poor. I am not the one dealing with the kittens - I dun have to. Its the ppl here who's dealing with this kitty issues by cursing someone's dead body and carcass. Next time, read and understand before you post ok.
    if you say so..it's your words against the general consensus, of which I happen to agree with.

Anyway, wrong or right, no one really knows eh?

I'm just frustrated and sick at the kind of things I see flying around here, and the sheer mindlessness of people who cannot see the evil that is in that image.

I'm outta here.
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 29th July 2006 at 12:16 AM.

I have seen a real human being shot dead at gunpoint right in front of my very eyes. So what is a dismembered cat to me? It means absolutely nothing. If a human can do nasty things to another human (sometimes even to their own flesh-and-blood), I am sure animals are not spared either.

Call me inhuman and cold-hearted if you like. I did not even show any grief at my own mother's funeral, so why must I be concerned about a little kitten, or a dog, or a deer?

Anyway, I have my reasons for deleting those messages.
    Well....since your so-called and self-claimed life experiences has been so traumatizing...
    like seeing someone being shot dead....and not grief at your mother's funeral...

I guess maybe you are just one of those who think differently from the rest...
    Perhaps, most people after seeing a gunshot death....might appreciate life further...
    You became the reverse....lives to you are absolutely meaningless...
    your dog can die after 15 years and I wont be surprised to find him in a black trash bag outside your house.
    ** not cursing you or anyone **
    your best buddy might get a heart attack and you probably wont lose a sleep over it..

guess thats you...life does not matter..not a cat's life...a dog's life..and even your own life..
    i rest my case on you...I have to accept that you are just different.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast