Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: kitten dismembered

Default Re: kitten dismembered

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Killing for food is a different thing from killing for pleasure.

The Americian Indian Tribes hunt for survival and their practice is to honour the Brother rabbit, moose or whatever animal after it has been killed to thank it for giving its life to them to subsise their own. And their rule is that every part of the animal must be consumed and used so that its life is not in vain.

Modern day cruelty is when you breed calfs for veal. Stuff corn down a goose throat for goose liver, stuff chickens into cages so that they save space.

I eat meat myself and I try not to throw away any food cos some animal died to provide it for me.
    You made a good start Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Cool!

Do you know cat meat tasted sour?

When I went on a business trip to Guangzhou last year, the local rep brought me to this fancy restaurant that serves cat meat.
    what's so cool about it? are u trying to endorse these kind of acts?
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper
    Killing an animal for food and killing out of shear sadistic pleasure are totally different things. Culling is a another issue, if they are a nuisance, then yes I have no problems with that.

I don't condone killing for pleasure or even the extent of mutilating an animal.

I think you could also see the differences between, let's say Charles Manson, and the guy that flips the switch to the electric chair. Are they the same or are they different? I don't think you can classify them in the same category.

And to all you vegetarians and tree-huggers, I have no problems with you, but the minute you start preaching about how inhumane it is to eat meat and how wasteful it is to cut down trees for wood and paper, but yet you wear leather and use read the newspaper. So lets not be hypocrites here. That's your choice to not eat meat and my choice is to eat meat. So there, I have said it.

If you want to flame me, go ahead. All I am doing is stating my opinion, and I am entitled to it.

ps Photobum: Dude, what you wrote earlier in the thread was just wrong. You are one sick S.O.B.
    It is not that I find it inhumane to eat animals, but that I find it hypocritical to eat animals but yet still be against eating cats or dogs, it is just unfair for pigs/cows/chickens/fish......I think I was not clear enough....why don't people read more carefully?

HS

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    if this is a personal attack, i'll be very offended. but sorry to say, i only eat chicken and pork. i rarely take beef and other endangered animals. but there's this culture in singapore that we eat rice and noodles, if we're talking things in sg, i believe no one can keep any pigs.

i dearly love cows alot but sadly i rarely see one here. so please stop making assumptions that i'm not an animal lover just because i eat meat. hahaha. and i've vegeterian friends that hate animals. =)
    I don't attack, lah! Anyway, if you have read my posting correctly, it was abit difficult for me to understand why people couldn't love a pig just because it is not a pet.......and therefore there is less bonding with them. It is the differentiation in animals that I am against.......

HS

Hey guys.... calm down! Let me clarify myself once and for all.

What could you do if, let's say, your China business rep invited you to a fancy restaurant that is famous for its cat meat? Can you reject and say you are a pet lover so you don't eat them? Please.... They eat all kinds of junk in China. It is part of their food culture.

Just like if they visit Singapore and we invite them to Long Beach for chili crab. Let's say if one of them happened to keep crabs as pets, how do you feel when he or she rejects your invitation.

Think bro, think... It is the million-dollars business deal that counts. You don't want to be an outcast in front of these Chinese nationals.

BTW, stew cat meat does not come cheap. RMB650 for 4 servings.
    Last edited by photobum; 27th July 2006 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I don't attack, lah! Anyway, if you have read my posting correctly, it was abit difficult for me to understand why people couldn't love a pig just because it is not a pet.......and therefore there is less bonding with them. It is the differentiation in animals that I am against.......

HS
    i would love to keep a pig as a pet if i could. but in the country that i'm brought up, pork comes as a primary food in my food cycle. and just for the info, i don't eat much vegetables. and i do disapprove of the way our local 'chicken and duck' killing ways. yeah i've seen it but i can't stop it as well.

and we are talking about humans within singapore brutally killing a kitten with something and multilating it for his own pleasure. this kinda sicko deserves time in jail man.

and photobum, i might not be in the working society now but if my clients really invites me for such 'feast', i would reject politely and tell them it's not my kinda food at all. it's like why some chinese can't eat beef and muslims can't eat pork. i would like to look at things that way though i don't have a cat as my god or anything. =)
    I Love You :)

doh. its only a cat

last time i saw a dead cat lying at the foot of overheadbridge. the body was bloated and the 4 legs were pointing towards the sky. looks like those funny shape balloons . also, i have seen squashed snake half-dead in area E. and things like half smashed dead sparrow left rotting on roads. oh ya. and last time our military vehicle ran over a dog in its path. and i was half asleep when we all heard a bump.

Talking about road-kills.... My best buddy in the United States hit a deer on one of the interstate highways leading towards Grandview, NJ. He stopped his Ford Explorer, carried the carcass to the back of his SUV and brought the Bambi home to make summer sausages. Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    doh. its only a cat

last time i saw a dead cat lying at the foot of overheadbridge. the body was bloated and the 4 legs were pointing towards the sky. looks like those funny shape balloons . also, i have seen squashed snake half-dead in area E. and things like half smashed dead sparrow left rotting on roads. oh ya. and last time our military vehicle ran over a dog in its path. and i was half asleep when we all heard a bump.

this is something called murder? for example, someone kills another person against that person died naturally. that's a difference. and i do admit accidents happen and those are fated and nothing we can do. i'll just put the animal one side if it happens to be squashed or ran over by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    this is something called murder? for example, someone kills another person against that person died naturally. that's a difference. and i do admit accidents happen and those are fated and nothing we can do. i'll just put the animal one side if it happens to be squashed or ran over by something.
    This is very common in western countries, whereby you hit an animal and you run. Nothing to be guilty about. This is not 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'. It is either you pay the insurance company or the dude at the bodyshop to fix your 'little' accident. Most people will just live with smashed windscreens or dented hoods.
    Last edited by photobum; 27th July 2006 at 10:45 PM.

western country - those ulu highway when u suddenly run over a stag which happen to dash out from nowhere. in <the ring>, the stags attack naomi watts's car. smash the window and all that. that will be scary. but sg has nothing much scary about dead animals?

or the horse run loose from the ship and jump into the sea..but its ok u wont get to see the dead body. lol

ps i have yet to try crocodile meat. any exotic restaurant sells them??

or the horse run loose from the ship and jump into the sea..but its ok u wont get to see the dead body. lol

ps i have yet to try crocodile meat. any exotic restaurant sells them??
    BTW, we can still see sea horses, right?

For crocodile delicacies, try Singapore Crocodile Farm near Hougang.

There is this food joint behind Orchard Point (next to Centrepoint). They serve stir-fry crocodile meat with ginger and green onion for $8.00. Portion large enough to serve 2 persons. Go there after 4:30pm.
    Last edited by photobum; 27th July 2006 at 11:01 PM.

I think the law need a little ammendment here.

Caning should also apply for people who are caught for animal abuse.

But then again, so what's with caning? The poor animal already

May the soul of the poor kitty haunt the person who did that to it these 2 months long of 7th month.

To the person who did this, if you see this, hope you enjoy the haunting
    ---------

Cats are such a lovely animal. It's really a pleasure to see them when I am tired from school or work, or bothered with whatsoever things.
    Play with it. You'll feel at much comfort after that. (Also apply for black cats. It's a cat afterall)

That's what I felt. It doesn't apply to cats only. Dogs and any other animals infact. Even my fish!
    Last edited by rinaldi86; 27th July 2006 at 11:06 PM.

Mmm.. This is the first time I heard animal got souls.

Alamak..... I have eaten a lot of animals in my entire life - ducks, chickens, fishes, prawns, lobsters, oysters, clams, abalones, barbi, lamb, deer, goat, cattle, frogs, crocodiles, rabbits, cats, dogs, etc. Better wear 'protection'.
    Good that you have learn. That's the reason why animals can interact with you. Maybe you can try eating less of them and treat them better.

BTW, next time when you guys go for that Tom Yam soup, think of it as cat stew. Because it tasted something like it but without the spicyness. Just plain sourness with chunks of meat and chinese herbs.

FYI, I will never eat the cats in Singapore. Too dirty and not plump enough. Garfield will make a good delicacy.
    Oh grow up... there's a serious issue being discussed here and you're making light of all this. Either contribute effectively or cut the child play, the playgound's closed.

i will not degrade myself anymore. gees. talking to a cat is better.

BTW, next time when you guys go for that Tom Yam soup, think of it as cat stew. Because it tasted something like it but without the spicyness. Just plain sourness with chunks of meat and chinese herbs.

FYI, I will never eat the cats in Singapore. Too dirty and not plump enough. Garfield will make a good delicacy.
    I really think you should seek help...

I agreed with you that it will be rude to reject ur client's offer to eat cats...
    and damned me if you like...but SARS took more china's chinese lives than everywhere in the world...cos like what you said...they eat anything..

But if I were you..its still about betraying one's intergrity and belief..
    I wil probably tell my china clients that I ate before and had a allergy...
    and the doctor advised me not to consume cats and dogs meat again..

however, from what you have wrote earlier..
    seems to be..that you love to eat cats and maybe even dogs meat..

doh. its only a cat

Well...I dont think its funny looking at dead animals along the road..
    I hit a cat once...but couldnt stop on time to help the cat....and i continued driving and make a detour to get back to the same spot to find the cat..

perhaps fortunately, he could be just slightly injured..because i couldnt find him at the same spot after looking around for 5 mins..Still... I feel really guilty and bad about it..for many more days..

Perhaps, you are one of the rare people who get entertained by seeing dead animals on the road..
    I wonder why too....

Talking about road-kills.... My best buddy in the United States hit a deer on one of the interstate highways leading towards Grandview, NJ. He stopped his Ford Explorer, carried the carcass to the back of his SUV and brought the Bambi home to make summer sausages. Yummy!
    No wonder he is your buddy...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast