Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to resize my pics so they dont lose too much details?

Default Re: How to resize my pics so they dont lose too much details?

but of cos it is hard to have an online pic as good as your original.

i use "save for web". can preview the size by the percentage somemore. then save as high or veri high...usually ard 8 to 10. The size shld only be ard 45kb.anyways not every pic got to be sharp one mahz...some soft nicer.
    Last edited by esmondng; 2nd August 2006 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh
    hi, boroangel

for editing,
    1. try shooting in raw as long as memory allows
    2. edit without saving as jpeg, save as photoshop files
    3. only final picture to save as jpeg
    4. if need to edit your final picture, go back and edit the last photoshop file just before the final jpeg

for final production,
    1. save as jpeg max quality 12 but downsize to less than 700 pixels wide, for D50, that is about 18-23% depending on the border you add to 3008x2000px

try posting in picsplace, my favorite. they dun alter the size you post but they dun show a list of pics you post, so it is not exactly an online album.
    Ok will take note...thanks...just a question...unsharp mask got to be carry out when the background image is merged with the layers where u do hue/saturation and curves etc...so that means we can only save as photoshop file till this point.....then when want to upload online then do the sharpening and save as jpeg....

Cos if sharpened and then save as photoshop file....u cant go back to adjust the curves anyone as the image is already flattened.

Anyway just to confirm...so always save as max jpeg quality but resize and downsize it? Cos after you resize...and the gallery you are uploading to....in this instance pbase...tries to make the image bigger.....wont the details be lost too?

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh
    hi, boroangel

for editing,
    1. try shooting in raw as long as memory allows
    2. edit without saving as jpeg, save as photoshop files
    3. only final picture to save as jpeg
    4. if need to edit your final picture, go back and edit the last photoshop file just before the final jpeg

for final production,
    1. save as jpeg max quality 12 but downsize to less than 700 pixels wide, for D50, that is about 18-23% depending on the border you add to 3008x2000px

try posting in picsplace, my favorite. they dun alter the size you post but they dun show a list of pics you post, so it is not exactly an online album.
    Ok will take note...thanks...just a question...unsharp mask got to be carry out when the background image is merged with the layers where u do hue/saturation and curves etc...so that means we can only save as photoshop file till this point.....then when want to upload online then do the sharpening and save as jpeg....

Cos if sharpened and then save as photoshop file....u cant go back to adjust the curves anyone as the image is already flattened.

Anyway just to confirm...so always save as max jpeg quality but resize and downsize it? Cos after you resize...and the gallery you are uploading to....in this instance pbase...tries to make the image bigger.....wont the details be lost too?

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel

in that sense, i'm still a newbie. i dun use layers. everything is edited on the background layer as a flattened image. only texts are added layers. mine is raw to psd (s) and finally to jpeg max quality. and i dun use curves. i edit selected individual photos till it pleases my eyes, hence each photo take at least 10-20mins.

and some tools i used it very subtlely. unsharp mask i only do on selected portions to avoid loss of details creating too much color noise.

I normally do my unsharpmask on the main image layer and my saturation/curves are one in layers. When i save its a PSD file so the layers are still intact and i can revet back to the relatively 'unedited' photo. I normally use the save for web function after resizing it to about 750x500. Quality 70-75 is more than enough for viewing online.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12