View Poll Results: Are you sick with mediacorp's idol show?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i am sick of mediacorp's idol show

    247 97.24%
  • No, i just love mediacorp's idol show

    7 2.76%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 136

Thread: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

  1. #41

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i never even made a single calls and watched a single episode b4... and someone did asked me if i joined those idol shows anot... i said i am not interested... in making a fool of myself..

    Why not? William Hung was a rich fool.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    i don't even watch shows. i don't even watch tv actually -.- except for csi =D
    Well, there are 3 more shows that are worth watching...

    1. Grey's Anatomy (Mon - Chn 5 11pm)
    2. Criminal Minds (Tues - Chn 5 11pm)
    3. House (Axn Chn 19)

    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    The Frontline (the terrorism show), Seventh Month are the only good shows I can think of. Both are by SPH.

    MCS, their dramas CMI one...
    MCS ones are like only showcase the ppl, some dun even pronounce well enuff.. i think they should really employ more voice overs narrators than use their actual voice...

    to top it off... they always like to circulate over those little tiny weenie stuff around the things that happen around here... then make it so dramatic without the punch... i mean, ya its drama, but if u dun have those 'punchy' effects, a show is boring.. and most of them just doing a slack, maybe its not the actors, actresses fault, maybe directors hungry, camera man lazy, etc... so 1 take & move on... film expensive perhaps... or is it digital now?

    I'm still wondering whats great about the 'acting' skills of those 'ah' simi & simi ones... theirs acting is only like as good as the B grade actors & actresses from HK...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #44
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    MCS ones are like only showcase the ppl, some dun even pronounce well enuff.. i think they should really employ more voice overs narrators than use their actual voice...

    to top it off... they always like to circulate over those little tiny weenie stuff around the things that happen around here... then make it so dramatic without the punch... i mean, ya its drama, but if u dun have those 'punchy' effects, a show is boring.. and most of them just doing a slack, maybe its not the actors, actresses fault, maybe directors hungry, camera man lazy, etc... so 1 take & move on... film expensive perhaps... or is it digital now?

    I'm still wondering whats great about the 'acting' skills of those 'ah' simi & simi ones... theirs acting is only like as good as the B grade actors & actresses from HK...

    HK ones better than SG ones. Dunno why at times MCS choose people purely for their looks. Beautiful/handsome, etc. Their 'acting' is more like reading from a piece of paper in front of them. Example, a year ago, this diabetes related drama with Joanne Peh. The guy (he's model) 'acts' horrible.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I only watch Discovery Ch, Nat Geo, and BBC :-), sometims I watch Channel News Asia, till I realise they keep repeating the same news the whole day.......can read the same news on yahoo news, or BBC......and more even.

    HS
    Same here man.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz

    Reason is simple:
    Conspiracy with Telco to squeeze money from people who vote.

    Can they lower the cost for each vote.
    Can they do it such that 1 phone no. only entitled to 1 vote.
    Can they don't have 翻身战.
    Can they reveal the poll results in figures.
    i can't figure this out. They need us to vote and yet they want us to pay for it??? What gives?

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Are the contestants getting paid? If not, it seems they are being taken advantage of. Each vote cost money, they encourage you to vote more than once, they also blame voters if the contestant lost. And then there are magazines and subscriptions to earn money from. And judges who are half the time lost for words.. not because she is knocked over with the performance but just because the intel chip is overheating. Another judge is trying too hard to be a simon that his comments sounds scripted and prepared to be used at any flimsy opportunity.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    no offence.. i dont even want to watch American Idiots... i mean American Idols , let alone Singapore Idols. my typos... pun intended
    good for the 3 who made it to the top, the rest had gained nothing 'cept criticisms from the public and esp the judges themselves. i dont get it why those people are so keen to lose their own pride? if they truly want fame thru singing or dancing, surely there're other ways for auditions, no??
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Well, there are 3 more shows that are worth watching...

    1. Grey's Anatomy (Mon - Chn 5 11pm)
    2. Criminal Minds (Tues - Chn 5 11pm)
    3. House (Axn Chn 19)


    Yups i love grey's anatomy as well. watch the episode on monday and the nurse put the hand on the live ammunition inside the body haha.

    i don't really like criminal minds =|

    and i don't have cable
    I Love You :)

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Are the contestants getting paid? If not, it seems they are being taken advantage of. Each vote cost money, they encourage you to vote more than once, they also blame voters if the contestant lost. And then there are magazines and subscriptions to earn money from. And judges who are half the time lost for words.. not because she is knocked over with the performance but just because the intel chip is overheating. Another judge is trying too hard to be a simon that his comments sounds scripted and prepared to be used at any flimsy opportunity.

    i doubt they're paid. but they're given the publicity and limelight so to speak. that's the point of the media industry?
    I Love You :)

  11. #51

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    haha.. never watch it at all.. waste of time lah.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    I don't watch this rubbish.
    We have no talent in singing, dancing, entertainment.
    We are only passing serious paper work exams.

    Filipinos have it in their blood to sing and dance.

    Listen to a local Chinese singer sing "live". So-so at best. Mostly junk.
    Then listen to a good China-Chinese singer sing "live".
    The difference knocks your socks off.
    Don't even try to compare.

    It makes sense to tv station to have this silly show.

    It is extremely cheap to produce.
    Mostly free cast from hopeful teenagers.
    It brings in $$$$ for telco when they vote.
    It helps take up lots of empty slots in tv programming schedule.
    Otherwise tv station got to pay a lot for expensive overseas shows.
    No genius or creativity needed to create the show.
    Wholesale copy from USA idol.
    They even try to copy the silly "nasty and rude" judge routine.
    It helps the country politics especially if winner is from a minority race
    and who does not come from rich family.
    Then it strikes all the right chords with the general public.
    It helps old leadership bond with new young generation.

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex

    Listen to a local Chinese singer sing "live". So-so at best. Mostly junk.

    Mostly free cast from hopeful teenagers.
    You mean: I can not sing?........and are they going to pay me in deeds?

    Hong Sien

  14. #54

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by rayblade
    That you have to complain to the Mobile TV dept. Like the 'Just For Laugh' the frogs have been showing for almost 1 month.
    frankly speaking, "the frog" is less irritating that the mediacock clowns.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    I don't watch this rubbish.
    We have no talent in singing, dancing, entertainment.
    We are only passing serious paper work exams.

    Filipinos have it in their blood to sing and dance.

    Listen to a local Chinese singer sing "live". So-so at best. Mostly junk.
    Then listen to a good China-Chinese singer sing "live".
    The difference knocks your socks off.
    Don't even try to compare.

    It makes sense to tv station to have this silly show.

    It is extremely cheap to produce.
    Mostly free cast from hopeful teenagers.
    It brings in $$$$ for telco when they vote.
    It helps take up lots of empty slots in tv programming schedule.
    Otherwise tv station got to pay a lot for expensive overseas shows.
    No genius or creativity needed to create the show.
    Wholesale copy from USA idol.
    They even try to copy the silly "nasty and rude" judge routine.
    It helps the country politics especially if winner is from a minority race
    and who does not come from rich family.
    Then it strikes all the right chords with the general public.
    It helps old leadership bond with new young generation.
    mediacock is still wondering why they are not world class.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    the mr brown Singapore Fei Chang Super Campus Idol Star plus Band Show, hosted by Gurpreet Singh & Daniel Gong

    link

    personal favs: The RaRa Show, the initial Chilli Hot (forgot the full names) weekday evening shows by TVworks.

    BEST!! : VR MAN!, MASTERS OF THE SEAS!

  17. #57

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Idol shows are the best money making programmes that MCS can have.

    Which other kind of TV programme can have all this in one season:

    Tons of Sponsorship income
    Low production cost (Own studio, own employees-judges and host)
    Tons of income from viewers/"diehard fans" (From Telecom for votes casted)
    Sales of Mechandises (Magazine, CDs)
    Tons of advertisement incomes during commercial breaks


    Moreover, after the season, they will have 'ready' manpower to take take part in their future big events like Charity shows, Festive Events, Star Awards and other outdoor events. This can help them to cut the cost to invite oversea Stars.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    I like watching comedy instead. Like 'My name is Earl', 'Scrubs' & so on....
    At least it it gives me some happy moments.LOL Lame

  19. #59

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    Must support local production !!!

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

    [QUOTE=Stereobox]the mr brown Singapore Fei Chang Super Campus Idol Star plus Band Show, hosted by Gurpreet Singh & Daniel Gong [QUOTE]


    Too bad, it doesn't exist anymore. Or does it?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •