Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Walkie Talkie

Default Re: Walkie Talkie

Quote Originally Posted by davsmiths
    Based on your experience and usage, how does the Midland compare to the Motorola on built quality, battery life and reception?

How much are the SX700? Range is about 16km on paper right?

Thanks!
    wonder wats the diff between SX700 & SX700R... seem to be about S$100 without transport from US.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

My walkie talkie is a super walkie talkie.

Range: cannot say.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    My walkie talkie is a super walkie talkie.

Range: cannot say.
    then better keep to yourself...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    wonder wats the diff between SX700 & SX700R... seem to be about S$100 without transport from US.

I dont think that there is a difference. They are all selling the SX700R.

Maybe R stands for rechargable battery kit and charger.

while the w/o R means the set uses AA batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by mfopus
    Hi Joecool,

How is the Motorola T5500 compared to the Oregon Scientific TP380 that you mentioned in an earlier post? Which has got longer range/better reception?
    Thanks.
    T5500 I have is 12km in range while TP380 is 5km. When I was using it in Pyramid Shopping Mall in Sunway, KL it works well. from one end to another...and even outside. TP380 uses PMR446 freqs....it has good features esp it's flexi antenna...but unfortunately it's PMR446. So I opt of Motorola. Still the best interms of being ruggard.

I dont think that there is a difference. They are all selling the SX700R.

Maybe R stands for rechargable battery kit and charger.

while the w/o R means the set uses AA batteries?
    True...R stands for rechargeable with a charging kit. But the SV700R's charger is 110V originally. But I've found a shop that is willing to exchange the charger and give you a 220V one. The whole SV700R set is at SGD$215. This is one of the latest model and it's quite powerful in com-dist.

Then again....it's illegal for use in SG. It's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool
    True...R stands for rechargeable with a charging kit. But the SV700R's charger is 110V originally. But I've found a shop that is willing to exchange the charger and give you a 220V one. The whole SV700R set is at SGD$215. This is one of the latest model and it's quite powerful in com-dist.

Then again....it's illegal for use in SG. It's your call.
    $215 for a range of 18km?

The 110v - 240v convertor is about $24 at slt.

$215 for a range of 18km?

The 110v - 240v convertor is about $24 at slt.
    To use a 110v-240v converter....the unit gets heated up and its not very good in our environment ...eventho it's in aircon room. Will blow soon or later ....but this guy will give the 220v-240v adapter to plug on to the charger base. I still feel worth it. Unless you have frens who are going to US....you can ask them to pick it up at the K-mart. Opps...I didn't say anything....i didn't say anything!!!

i wonder...

if lets say i buy this set in SG, the SX700R, then i bring it overseas taking a plane, then when i come back, then the customs saw the set, will my set get confiscated or will i get charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i wonder...

if lets say i buy this set in SG, the SX700R, then i bring it overseas taking a plane, then when i come back, then the customs saw the set, will my set get confiscated or will i get charged?
    I don't think they bother. Why I know...when I go travelling via plane, I would lug a camera bag and fit my WT inside. After the immigration point, I would take out my WT, so my wife and I would say bye bye and split up to do our own stuff. I would hang my WT over my neck using a lanyard. When we are checking in, as a good citizen and passenger, I would switch off my WT and tuck it into my cam-bag...and you know that all bags need to be scanned. It went thru many times without questioning.

So my conclusion is...they don't give a damn about the WT you would carry....they are only concern abt guns, knifes and sharp objects. Sad thing is I had my Victorinox penknife confiscated when i totally forgot to put it in my check in luggage. So which is worse??

there is an 18mile talkie that has a smaller form factor than the SX700.
    comes with a charger, batteries, ear pieces, car charger.

and the transfer power is at FCC maximum power of 5watts.

Motorola SX700R selling at $149 local.

Is this a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by Friday13
    Any recommendations for accessory to use when I bike. I.E those attached in Helmet.
    ohh never saw this saw...

Bro your question I can answer for you. Need help just give me a pm and you bring your BF to meet my BF then I let you test my throat mic. It works with most motorola WT.

I use it for long distance when doing road marshal riding out of singapore. Ear piece inside helmet and the mouth piece aka throat mic around your neck. No need press button to talk and no worry on wind noise or other people talking, it is only activated when you start talking only.

Er..even you ahemZzz or cough other party also can hear...because your throat vibration activate the mic.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

haha! howah! that's quite cool man.

What about those kind of big big private radios that people use to just communicate with other people on the other side of the globe. I remember watching a documentary on it. It's like you can just tune into any radio frequency and chat with people.

what are those called?
    HAM radio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio

ok digging up this old thread..

anyone can recommend a good walkie talkie with decent range (3~8km) and good battery lifetime (5~8hrs?) and at affordable price?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    ok digging up this old thread..

anyone can recommend a good walkie talkie with decent range (3~8km) and good battery lifetime (5~8hrs?) and at affordable price?
    Motorola T5500. 10Km range, 22 Channels, reasonably good battery life (Sanyo rechargable 2500MAh), S$78 from Mustafa.

This comes in 2 models, replacable batteries AA or rechargable battery pack with charging dock. The replacable model can be used with rechargable batteries.

Note: above 3Km, not allowed to be used in Singapore.
    Last edited by teerex; 18th October 2006 at 09:17 AM.
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
    teerex@myinfrared.com

Quote Originally Posted by teerex View Post
    Motorola T5500. 10Km range, 22 Channels, reasonably good battery life (Sanyo rechargable 2500MAh), S$78 from Mustafa.

This comes in 2 models, replacable batteries AA or rechargable battery pack with charging dock. The replacable model can be used with rechargable batteries.

thanks for the info!

any specific shop to go to in mustafa to get the WT? is the price for one unit or one pair?

cheers

edit: any recommended earpieces to use with the WT? (any where to get concealed earpieces like those security officers use? )
    Last edited by +evenstar; 18th October 2006 at 09:53 AM.
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by teerex View Post

nope.. its should be no more than 5km..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    thanks for the info!

any specific shop to go to in mustafa to get the WT? is the price for one unit or one pair?

cheers

edit: any recommended earpieces to use with the WT? (any where to get concealed earpieces like those security officers use? )
    go to the one that sell hp that building..

1st floor... its beside the hp counter..

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

hp as in handphone or Hewlett Packard?
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast