34 7.56%
  • Have both but use film > 75% of the time

59 13.11%
  • Have both but use digital > 75% of the time

133 29.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ratio of film and digital users in ClubSNAP

Originally posted by dextorian

3. I don't need to care about composition, metering etc etc. In a nutshell, digital spoilt you as a photographer. You can just take and take and then go back, recompose edit etc etc ... and wackoo!!! you have an award winning picture. This is not photography... you have become more like an editor.
    this is inaccurate. If you put in thought for your composition & metering whilst taking a digital pix, you won't have to spend as much time post processing that picture. No offence but if its a bad shot - PS can't help you much there either.

Originally posted by dextorian
    [B]I still think that film makes you think before you shoot (which is good right, otherwise you will be shooting blindly). [B]
    I am not a total fan of digital but I think one can adopt the same kind of attitude when shooting on a digital cam as well.

Deregistered

Well, of the number I mentioned, 90% are keepers. Happily and safely stored in my CDs & hdd.

Agree with Lav, it really boils down to the photog. I count myself a really amateur one, shooting for fun. My life philosophy is to think before firing (camera, mouth, email, nasty letter, etc) off. Works fine for me!

I'm a trigger happy photographer and sometimes I take bad shots without knowing until it's out on print so it's wiser for me to shoot digital.. save cost

but at the same time, i like the feeling of not knowing how it will turn out to be. the excitement of collecting your photos and going eww and ahh ....

so i guess i will try to use both equally but i guess there will probably be more shots on my digital cam.

i shoot film on a LC-A (I don't care what you guys are going to say about lomography but I think the camera is GREAT) and digital on A70.

Default Re: Ratio of film and digital users in ClubSNAP

i'm using digital most of the time but sometime ago i had the thought of getting myself an slr...just a thought though.

most of us would go for the digital option since its advantages outweighs film. eg, saving costs, editing, storage, instant results etc.

Use a mix of digital and film. Normally will use my digital when quality might not be an issue but film for more serious stuff
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

wah dig up such old thread!

Quote Originally Posted by kijer
    wah dig up such old thread!
    then should we do a Poll 2006 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    then should we do a Poll 2006 ?

yeah i think so too. like that hor, 3 + years old thread not accurate..esp if its demographic one..

Default Re: u mean for personal use or at work?

Quote Originally Posted by argent2
    At work, it's digital all the way...

Off-duty, it's film all the way...
    Same here:
    At work, it's Canon EOS1Ds Mark II and EOS1D Mark II N....
    Off-duty, it's Nikon F100 and N80.... Still love the silver halide crystals coated on polyester.

Haha, it missed the year of the posts...thought it was started earlier in the year.

Now that my pocket is a bit more loose, I'm starting to rediscover the beauty of chromes! Will probably keep my film SLR until it goes kuput! But cannot deny the instant feedback and convenience of digital too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Haha, it missed the year of the posts...thought it was started earlier in the year.

Now that my pocket is a bit more loose, I'm starting to rediscover the beauty of chromes! Will probably keep my film SLR until it goes kuput! But cannot deny the instant feedback and convenience of digital too!
    chromes are good must find time to meet up and go shooting soon havent met you for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    chromes are good must find time to meet up and go shooting soon havent met you for quite a while
    Oh yah, a bit busy with work and church and whatsoever...haha...now a bit freer though...
    Waiting for people to organise outings (KT, you, Icarus??)...I CMI to organise...人气 index not enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    I'm starting to rediscover the beauty of chromes! Will probably keep my film SLR until it goes kuput!
    Film SLRs or whatever matter, view cameras will not go "kuput" so easily as dSLRs. Once you discover the beauty of chrome or colour negative it is time that you really discover a new found joy.

Still have more than 100 rolls of chrome in the 135/120 format. Just check my fridge and found a box of unused 8x10 Fuji NPL 160! In the next five to ten years, these chromes will come in handy for a special kind of creative discoveries and manupulations in the darkroom.

----------------------------
    If every photography school or workshops teach the fundamental basics of critical freedom thinking while in the creative process of creating images especially in new found ways, learning would flourish far beyond what would be expected of the average student of photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel
    why? After that can erase, remove evidence?
    Well... you know... when with gal friend... sometime, you shot something, and want to develop it on film, can be TOO PERSONAL...

but with digital, you can just print from home printer... all those classical and PRIVATE PERSONAL MOMENTS!!!!

hahhahaa hahaa...
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123