Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Step up ring

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Step up ring

    Is there such a thing as a 52mm - 58mm step up ring?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  2. #2

    Default Re: Step up ring

    Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Is there such a thing as a 52mm - 58mm step up ring?
    yup!

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Re: Step up ring

    Originally posted by Keito


    yup!
    Goody.

    thank you Keito.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by azone
    Good for you, Wolf!!!
    Thanks.

    But i am still waiting for the reply to my PM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  6. #6

    Default

    cost abt $5 each at AP
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by megaweb
    cost abt $5 each at AP
    Oh ok. Thanks mega!
    Erm, CP got?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    Oh ok. Thanks mega!
    Erm, CP got?
    If CP dun have can go Fotoguide... they have too.
    ~$6

    Or I can sell you mine....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike

    Or I can sell you mine....
    @ $4?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    @ $4?
    No/...
    Hehehhee..
    Go get it lah!
    cheap cheap!!!
    go go go!!!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike

    No/...
    Hehehhee..
    Go get it lah!
    cheap cheap!!!
    go go go!!!!
    Wait lah.. i am still waiting for Jer to reply to my offer to confirm selling me the hood....
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  12. #12

    Default

    i also have one ring lying around ...

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by Keito
    i also have one ring lying around ...
    To give away?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    To give away?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    398

    Default

    52-62 also have.

  16. #16

    Default

    Haha..think the most extreme step-up ring (SUR) I have is 58mm --> 72mm

    Anyway...just wondering how come the manufacturers cannot incorporate a UV and a SUR together...or mabe a super slim step up ring.....those SUR's are sure thick and really add quite abit of length to the front of the lens...vignetting alert!
    |EOS, Fuji X and Leica M Systems | Need more good pictures to justify gear | www.ef2pt8.com |

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by BraveHart
    Haha..think the most extreme step-up ring (SUR) I have is 58mm --> 72mm

    Anyway...just wondering how come the manufacturers cannot incorporate a UV and a SUR together...or mabe a super slim step up ring.....those SUR's are sure thick and really add quite abit of length to the front of the lens...vignetting alert!
    Coz you are supposed to buy the correct sized filter for your lens!

    Regards
    CK

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    got 52mm -> 28mm & 58mm -> 28mm??

    or which step down rings i can stack in order to achieve that?

    Thanks!
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  19. #19

    Default

    Assuming we cannot find an exact match step-up ring, can we stack stepup rings on each other? Apart from looking weird, will it be effective?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Sausage
    Assuming we cannot find an exact match step-up ring, can we stack stepup rings on each other? Apart from looking weird, will it be effective?
    You can, but increases the risk of vignetting.

    Regards
    CK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •