Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAF to implement 3G developments in all active combat units by end-2006

Default SAF to implement 3G developments in all active combat units by end-2006

for all you military watchers/junkies out there

CNA link

Default Re: SAF to implement 3G developments in all active combat units by end-2006

i really fear for this tech fever that the SAF seems to be obsessed with...

ive seen first hand such new "technology" being implemented, with so many problems, that if this was the private sector, it would be deemed completely unnaceptable and the IT provider would confirmed be sacked..

lets not even talk about disaster recovery..

Default Re: SAF to implement 3G developments in all active combat units by end-2006

what if there's a power failure? (meaning even the backup power is affected)

won't the SAF be crippled then?
    eat. drink. shoot

w a y a n g

3G? That's another word for mass retrenchment

Deregistered

And they still ban 3G handphones in camps... irony...

3G sounds nice. Is it really good in real war? Ask the Americans in Iraq ......currrent toll 2500 dead US soldiers.Theirs is 4 or 5 G's whatever you call it.

Please its all advertising......showing the taxpayers where the money is spent on.

vince123123
    Guests

Very few real NSF NSmen actually get to use these 3G facilities

Quote Originally Posted by _espn_
    ah lor 3G Army without the 3G Handphone.
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    NSF only got to wait 2yrs later, NSman can have spare handphone
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    i really fear for this tech fever that the SAF seems to be obsessed with...

ive seen first hand such new "technology" being implemented, with so many problems, that if this was the private sector, it would be deemed completely unnaceptable and the IT provider would confirmed be sacked..

lets not even talk about disaster recovery..
    what were the "3G" technology you hands on with?

Even though the technology might be crude and probably not up to the high standards of some, but if we don't start now. When are we going to get started? isn't only through the infinite trials during peace time training that we can correct and discover the short comings of the system or equipment?

I would say the current "3G" equipment are far from perfect but I feel it's a good start. My only quip is that with the "3G-lisation" of our army, it seems that the soldiers have to carry MORE weight instead of less.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    New equipment need new training. You want to attend more ICTs to train in the new equipment? I rather stick to equipment I'm familiar with and skip the 'upgrades'
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

No good lah. Next time when my cell commander comms me, he will be seeing my face and I see his. Then he can F me with this technology on the phone and see my expression.

YA!!! Exactly!

Good one!

Hmm.....what is 3G? I think Signals tested and alreadying using the so called 3G stuff liao. Been testing it for overseas EX since 2000. I think I have to use it again this Nov ICT.

I wonder then what 2G and 1G were in the first place..... does that apply to me during my NS time back in the 90's ?

Quote Originally Posted by maestrolik
    I wonder then what 2G and 1G were in the first place..... does that apply to me during my NS time back in the 90's ?
    pardon me if i get this wrong..

i believe the 1st G army was to build up a credible fighting force, the so-called citizen's army.
    2nd G army was to implement the concept of force multiplier (aka 1 person do the job of 2 or more people hehehe). i'm sure you must have heard of that before during your NS time.

eh i'm currently in tekong and actually most coys allow and hp to be brought in =). they just will take down your imei number just in case it's lost or something. haha.
    I Love You :)

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Hmm.....what is 3G?
    3G is juz a term that our SAF copied from the Handphone industry.

Phones are now using 3rd generation networks.... SAF also changing their C4I to 3rd Generation (digital networks) so 3G "catch phrase" got caught by the very top.

As usual in SAF, everyone want's to "follow the best practice" too... thus everything also 3G.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Next time 4G = *BSBH concept.

*Bao Sua Bao Hai.

army always talk bout 3G, but thier mindset stil lives in 1G...
    3G Army no 3G phones...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast