Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Black and Whites

  1. #1

    Default Black and Whites

    Enjoy... CnC welcomed. cheers...




  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Thomson
    Posts
    1,174

    Default Re: Black and Whites

    I really like how the images on the top half of the second set seem to flow into the pictures below them. Nice

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Black and Whites

    Hi, you BW is very nice with good contrast.

    Can I know did you convert your pic to BW from PS? Or you shoot in BW? If PS, which command you use har?? Thank you!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Black and Whites

    Nice presentation...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Black and Whites

    Quote Originally Posted by eel
    I really like how the images on the top half of the second set seem to flow into the pictures below them. Nice
    Thanks for the kind comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut
    Hi, you BW is very nice with good contrast.

    Can I know did you convert your pic to BW from PS? Or you shoot in BW? If PS, which command you use har?? Thank you!
    Thank you. The answer to your question is yes, i converted my pictures to BW in a photo edit software called Microsoft Picture it. It is very similar to PS just that very much simpler functions and usage. But i took a little time to find out for you how to do the conversion in Photoshop. From trial and error, I used the desaturation function (Shift+Ctrl+U) And my images turned into BW. After which just play around with the tonal, contrast....etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by PortraitsInDigital
    Nice presentation...
    Thanks, any comments on the images itself?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Black and Whites

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    From trial and error, I used the desaturation function (Shift+Ctrl+U) And my images turned into BW. After which just play around with the tonal, contrast....etc.
    U can just change "image mode" from "RGB" to "Grayscale". That's what I do. However, for me I will always switch back to "RGB" mode even if the photo is monochrome, just so all my pix are in standard RGB format and I don't have to worry abt which I saved as Grayscale or RGB and so on.

    And like someone else said, nice presentation. Very classy. I can picture it printed on glossy paper as part of a tabletop calendar or something

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: Black and Whites

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    Enjoy... CnC welcomed. cheers...



    sorry for my frank view, and being the bad guy.
    only the railroad track that is like a 'x' on the 1st picture, and the only railroad track on the 2nd pic seems like it can be use as insperational poster.

    the rest are just material reference stock photo to me.
    Last edited by coldman; 25th July 2006 at 07:20 PM.
    Nikon D5000, D70; Nikon 18-55, 18-70, 70-300; Sigma 18-250, 50-500.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Black and Whites

    Quote Originally Posted by coldman
    sorry for my frank view, and being the bad guy.
    only the railroad track that is like a 'x' on the 1st picture, and the only railroad track on the 2nd pic seems like it can be use as insperational poster.

    the rest are just material reference stock photo to me.
    Thanks A M Y for the info

    Thanks coldman, You mention material reference photos. Hmmm care to comment on why you feel that that and how would u better inprove it if you were to shoot it? I realise that you are more of an event shooter and mini model shooter too. So why not share with me your creative eye on what you would shoot on a normal walk about too? I'm still pretty much a newborn newbie into photography, so your expertise would be much appreciated to help me improve.

    Cheers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •