Thread: Recommend a photo album s/w

gtan
    Guests

Default Recommend a photo album s/w

Hi all,

this might be a bit out of topic, but I was wondering if there is any software (freeware best) that allows you to create some sort of photo album?

I was thinking non-proprietry, e.g. maybe create thumbnails of pictures, and display original picture with comments. Maybe all done in HTML.

Try this, a simple yet easy to setup gallery less then 5 files. Just upload to the folders and your picture will be displayed in thumbnail form and users can click the image to enlarge it!

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/14621.html

Originally posted by localhost
    Try this, a simple yet easy to setup gallery less then 5 files. Just upload to the folders and your picture will be displayed in thumbnail form and users can click the image to enlarge it!

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/14621.html
    sorry hah...quite a comuter illiterate... downloaded liao, but wad to do after that?

Originally posted by bearycute

sorry hah...quite a comuter illiterate... downloaded liao, but wad to do after that?
    u need a webserver with php enabled to install the script.

Another alternative is FlipAlbum .

am using 4images . requires php support too.

But is the thread starter looking for an online photo album?

gtan
    Guests

I'm not exactly looking for an online photo album.

Ok, I was thinking of storing them. But I don't want to use some s/w that creates a 400mb datafile. I would rather they maybe come with some EXE file and maybe a folder where all the text/photos are stored.

Hence I thought the best was to have some s/w where they auto generate the HTML and has the tools to automate creation of thumbnails. This way, I can put in on a CD or online. All the person needs to view them is a web browser.

Anyway, I've found something thats nice. Album Express. Too bad its a 30 day trial.

Anyone know of something similar to Album Express?

Do a google on JAlbum.

It is completely free but must install JAVA JRE or SDK first(go to www.javasoft.com).

Originally posted by gtan
    I'm not exactly looking for an online photo album.

Ok, I was thinking of storing them. But I don't want to use some s/w that creates a 400mb datafile. I would rather they maybe come with some EXE file and maybe a folder where all the text/photos are stored.

Hence I thought the best was to have some s/w where they auto generate the HTML and has the tools to automate creation of thumbnails. This way, I can put in on a CD or online. All the person needs to view them is a web browser.

Anyway, I've found something thats nice. Album Express. Too bad its a 30 day trial.

Anyone know of something similar to Album Express?
    Sounds exactly like Gallery, except the online part.

why no body use ACDSEE

I use ACDSee 4.0. Hopefully, I can get my hands on ACDSee 5.0.

It would be interesting how it compares with Adobe Photoalbum.

go n download, then apply patch....become free.....this is what i'm do....