Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q. Soon visiting Singapore, where should I look around to find zuiko om lense?

Default Re: Q. Soon visiting Singapore, where should I look around to find zuiko om lense?

Snapperkid:
    Thanks for your interest in my lenses. But I am afraid I have decided not to sell any lens other than the 50mm F3.5 macro. Guess they still hold some sentimental value to me. May one day....

CH580:
    The 100mm F2.0 is the jewel in my collection. I rememer paying $750 for it at Ishida in Peninsula Plaza in the early 90s. Very sharp lens with excellent contrast and great for portraiture. I think I can fetch a good price for it if I wanted to sell it.

I initially bought the Sigma 28mm F2.8 lens but was disappointed with its performance so end up buying the Olympus 28mm. Great lens for travel photography.

But Olympus let me down when they stopped making SLR cameras. So in 2000 I finally switched over to the Canon system after my OM-4 had some shutter problem. I bought the EOS 30 and the 28mm, 50mm and 100mm lenses to mimic my Olympus setup. The downside is that the new camera and lenses are heavier and bulkier compared to the OM system.

But I am intrigued that the old Zuiko lenses can be used on the new bodies via an adapter albeit without AF and autometering . It would be interesting to test whether my old lenses are up to par with the new lenses.

Default Re: Q. Soon visiting Singapore, where should I look around to find zuiko om lense?

In the lens world, you always still end up getting the more expensive but better lens. So a lesson for me is just save enough and get the gem! You never regret that.

Metering is still working on the OM to 4/3 body. Only at the largest aperture, you need to do some compensation. The OM lens gives me a more 'analog' feeling esply the bokeh effect.

Kindly post some picture taken by the 100mm F2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
    Snapperkid:
    Thanks for your interest in my lenses. But I am afraid I have decided not to sell any lens other than the 50mm F3.5 macro. Guess they still hold some sentimental value to me. May one day....

CH580:
    The 100mm F2.0 is the jewel in my collection. I rememer paying $750 for it at Ishida in Peninsula Plaza in the early 90s. Very sharp lens with excellent contrast and great for portraiture. I think I can fetch a good price for it if I wanted to sell it.

I initially bought the Sigma 28mm F2.8 lens but was disappointed with its performance so end up buying the Olympus 28mm. Great lens for travel photography.

But Olympus let me down when they stopped making SLR cameras. So in 2000 I finally switched over to the Canon system after my OM-4 had some shutter problem. I bought the EOS 30 and the 28mm, 50mm and 100mm lenses to mimic my Olympus setup. The downside is that the new camera and lenses are heavier and bulkier compared to the OM system.

But I am intrigued that the old Zuiko lenses can be used on the new bodies via an adapter albeit without AF and autometering . It would be interesting to test whether my old lenses are up to par with the new lenses.

Snapperkid:

CH580:

Hi Tumbleweed,

The 100mm F2 is a jem. Been looking high and low for it. Keep it if it means something to you. I have the OM1-MD which I bought for slightly over S$100 and I like it more than my other cameras, prefer it to FM2 and it gives me that nostalgic feeling. New electronics and digital stuffs come and go but not the classics like OM1 and OM4.
    If you want to we can meet up for kopi, you can try your lenses on my E-1 with OM adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by snapperkid
    hey tumbleweed,

since clare5 wants a 50mm macro, can you sell me the 50mm F1.4 or 100mm F2.0 for $50-$100. pretty please
    Hey Snapperkid,

50mm F1.4 can easily fetch S$250 and a good condition 100mm F2 can fetch S$800.
    Your quote is only sufficient for a good 50mm F1.8. If you are lucky, maybe one with "Made in Japan" on the ring.

CH58000:
    Sorry to disappoint you but I have not used the 100mm F2.0 since, maybe, 1999 so no new pictures. Also I have not repaired my OM-4's shutter. Anyway if I do use the 100mm F2.0 I have to use film and then scan the negative to post it on this forum.

Now the lens is just sitting in my dry cabinet with the rest of its brothers waiting....waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by ecc35
    Hi Tumbleweed,

The 100mm F2 is a jem. Been looking high and low for it. Keep it if it means something to you. I have the OM1-MD which I bought for slightly over S$100 and I like it more than my other cameras, prefer it to FM2 and it gives me that nostalgic feeling. New electronics and digital stuffs come and go but not the classics like OM1 and OM4.
    If you want to we can meet up for kopi, you can try your lenses on my E-1 with OM adapter.
    Hi ecc35.

Why not? Let's meet somewhere this weekend and you can try my lenses. I am curious how well they perform in this 21st century! I'll probably bring my CF card to record some of the pictures from you camera. Also maybe you can recommend me a good camera repair shop that can fix my OM-4.

Hi ecc35.

Why not? Let's meet somewhere this weekend and you can try my lenses. I am curious how well they perform in this 21st century! I'll probably bring my CF card to record some of the pictures from you camera. Also maybe you can recommend me a good camera repair shop that can fix my OM-4.
    Hi Tumbleweed,

Will be bz this weekend, coz need to leave for biz trip next week (haiz, miss all the fireworks). Contact u when I'm back.

No problemo. Contact me when you're ready.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12