Thread: Transport to Senai Airport

Default Transport to Senai Airport

Hi fellows..

My friends and I are heading to Penang via Airasia from Senai (JB) airport and am still wondering how we can get to/fro Sing - Senai.

Our first option is to drive up and park the car over the weekend in Senai ariport carpark. However, we're quite skeptical about the security there so I'm seeking alternatives.

Anyone has any suggestion? Perhaps taking a taxi or charter a mini bus? There will be 4 of us.

cheers...
    Guek

Default Re: Transport to Senai Airport

there's no official public transport from Sing direct to Senai except for the bus service operated by MAS, which is available only to MAS customers.

unofficially there are a number of private charter services operating out of JB who can pick you (and your friends) up in Singapore and drive all the way to Senai. these are apparently very popular with Malaysians working in Singapore. i don't have the contacts with me though.. gotta check with my friend.

For Malaysia Airlines (MAS) passenger:
    There is a direct bus service from Senai International Airport at RM16 one-way. The bus departs to Corpthorne Hotel located along Dunearn Road. Please view the schedule here. Kindly note that only passengers holding a MAS flight ticket are eligible for this coach service. To make flight bookings, please visit http://www.malaysia-airlines.com.

this link is helpful http://web.singnet.com.sg/~one66/get...e.html#toSenai
    to find your way there by public transport

Quote Originally Posted by soulman
    Hi fellows..

My friends and I are heading to Penang via Airasia from Senai (JB) airport and am still wondering how we can get to/fro Sing - Senai.

Our first option is to drive up and park the car over the weekend in Senai ariport carpark. However, we're quite skeptical about the security there so I'm seeking alternatives.

Anyone has any suggestion? Perhaps taking a taxi or charter a mini bus? There will be 4 of us.

cheers...
    Guek
    take a cab direct from Rochor taxi stand, I think maybe 50 RM? not very sure

can be arranged for $50 a trip, anytime. The driver will pick up at your place and send you directly to airport. Car can fit in 4 passenger. PM me if you want the contact number

Quote Originally Posted by soulman
    Hi fellows..

cheers...
    Guek
    I have parked my car for a whole week at Senai. No problems at all. If you drive to Senai you can plan your own timing rather than follow any bus schedules.

The MAS coach service from Copthorne Hotel in Singapore is meant only for MAS passengers taking a flight from Senair Airport. For those flying by Air Asia, you can take a coach from their city terminal at Kota Raya in JB which will bring u all the way to the airport. Take a City Link bus from the bus stop opposite Kranji MRT station all the way to Kota Raya.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    can be arranged for $50 a trip, anytime. The driver will pick up at your place and send you directly to airport. Car can fit in 4 passenger. PM me if you want the contact number
    I think the price is going to increase soon with the additional toll of RM20 and also the ever increase of petrol prices.

I heard u can take a bus to Kota Raya (the shopping center in JB), then there is a bus from there directly to Senai. Heresay only, no verification yet.

You can catch the yellow bus that goes from Kranji to Kota Raya, and then transfer there to the Senai airport shuttle bus (blue bus).

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    The MAS coach service from Copthorne Hotel in Singapore is meant only for MAS passengers taking a flight from Senair Airport. For those flying by Air Asia, you can take a coach from their city terminal at Kota Raya in JB which will bring u all the way to the airport. Take a City Link bus from the bus stop opposite Kranji MRT station all the way to Kota Raya.
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    I heard u can take a bus to Kota Raya (the shopping center in JB), then there is a bus from there directly to Senai. Heresay only, no verification yet.
    Have u been to Kota Raya? Hearsay can be misleading. Kota Raya is not a shopping centre! It's where the Air Asia city terminal is located and u also can find alot of taxis and buses there. At this Air Asia terminal u can book an air ticket, find out about Air Asia's destination and other informations besides getting a coach to Senai Airport.

I went to Kuching last month via Senai airport flying Air Asia. I asked the same question, how do I get to Senai airport. As popeye said, there are private transporters, depending on the numbers of passager, they have saloon car or MPV. They will fetch you at your door step all the way to Senai airport, without the need for you to get out of the car until you reach the destination. They charge $50-$60/saloon car one way. Their timing is very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    Hi popeye,
    Can I have the contact no: Will be goin to Penang on Sept by AirAsia. Need advise, how many days in advance for booking the pte taxis before the flight day. THks

RGds

Hi fellows,

Thanks for all your feedback. I've decided to take my chance and drive up to Senai.

cheers.