256k download / 128kb upload?

Originally posted by Viewfinder

does that mean if it's 256k plan, its

If its ADSL, yup.

Originally posted by Viewfinder

does that mean if it's 256k plan, its

most of the times u do not get full 256/128 .. more like 200/100 but at times, depending on ur location, it will reach it peaks@256 but its not that common

Trevor_Tan
    Guests

is there any software to see the speed that I had? The icon at the task bar don't seem to show the real value. I subscribe to a 256k plan but the icon normally show between 2.3Mbps - 3Mbps?

do a download of a large compressed file from a fast server. you should be able to see around 26-28KB/s download
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

I use DU Meter.. it's just a meter that shows ur current speed and all statistic of your net connection. Quite useful...

Default Re: Which broadband to get?

>>> For SCV, I think I need to install another SCV point in my >>>room cos only my living has it at the moment.

i don't have a SCV point in my room either. what they did is just to install it in the living room, and hopefully the LAN cable is long enough to reach your computer in the room. they gave me a 10 meter cable. no problems. i've used other BB before. such as the singnet bb. i stopped after a while's usage cos the downloads are too slow compared to scv. the 256Kbit's download is about 20+ KB at best, while the SCV can reach about 200KB (provided the server at the other end is fast).
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Default Re: Re: Which broadband to get?

Originally posted by djork
    >>> For SCV, I think I need to install another SCV point in my >>>room cos only my living has it at the moment.

i don't have a SCV point in my room either. what they did is just to install it in the living room, and hopefully the LAN cable is long enough to reach your computer in the room. they gave me a 10 meter cable. no problems. i've used other BB before. such as the singnet bb. i stopped after a while's usage cos the downloads are too slow compared to scv. the 256Kbit's download is about 20+ KB at best, while the SCV can reach about 200KB (provided the server at the other end is fast).

With unlimited access, I think u can afford to wait a while longer rite?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12