Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for a Digicam

Originally posted by acidboi
    What camera are you currently using?
    Me? The famous fuji camera which caused lots of controversial discussions - 602z

Originally posted by mriz
    thanks again guys... made up my mind. i'm going for the S602Z.
    unless some other model catches my eyes... hehehe
    what would be the other accessories to get with the cam besides the extra batteries?
    Welcome, Welcome!

This is the best forum to get help with the 602Z in particular, and for digital photography in general. We are certainly not experts (i know i'm not), but will try to help when we can

Starters: 128 MB Compact Flash or Smart Media card, pay no more than $80 (www.cheapngrean.com currently selling for $75). If it is a CF card, get a fast card (Ridata is popular at 20X speed), you should get about 100 shots, at 3MP FINE.

1850mah nickel hydride batteries and a fast charger (the Sony 1hr charger at $35 from AP is OK for most use). After a few charge cycles, you should get about 150 shots with LCD/EVF with occasional flash. But your mileage will vary. Some users have posted as high as 250 shots on a single charge!! That's good stuff!!

AS for other accessories (lens and converters), perhaps you could get them only after you are throughly comfortable with the cam, and know what is can do, and what it cannot. Really, the cam alone, with an external flash, should suffice for the time being.

External Flash: check out the Fujifilm forum, you should get an idea what is more popular for most 602Z users.

Experiment, Experiment, Experiment, and have fun, this is a great camera you can use immediately, and also to grow into.

Don't you find 602z a little bit bulky? BTW where and how much did you get yours?
    Last edited by acidboi; 6th January 2003 at 11:38 AM.

Don't you find 602z a little bit bulky? BTW where and how much did you get yours?
    well, it depends on what u require, if u find it's bulky, try another one. but, just imagine G2/G3 is not small also... dun compare it to Sony U2, they r "toy" and "cam" difference.

Originally posted by fruitybix

Starters: 128 MB Compact Flash or Smart Media card, pay no more than $80 (www.cheapngrean.com currently selling for $75). If it is a CF card, get a fast card (Ridata is popular at 20X speed), you should get about 100 shots, at 3MP FINE.
    Just a correction, there's no 20x Ridata 128 Mb CF; only 16x ones are available. Btw, The 256 ($140) and 512 ($300) are rated at 20x.

If you're looking for a 128 card, it'll make more sense to get a SmartMedia. They're a lot faster than the CFs.

Bulky? Well, maybe a little but since I bring along my gear (flash, lenses, etc) with the cam anyway, it doesn't really matter. Btw, I used to own a compact dc (601z) before I moved on to the 602z. Carried it wherever I went at that time. Seldom bring my cam out with me nowadays though...

In any case, I certainly don't mind getting used to a little bulkiness 'coz one day, I'll own a DSLR . Talk abt bulkiness eh?

Originally posted by imaginary_number

Bulky? Well, maybe a little but since I bring along my gear (flash, lenses, etc) with the cam anyway, it doesn't really matter. Btw, I used to own a compact dc (601z) before I moved on to the 602z. Carried it wherever I went at that time. Seldom bring my cam out with me nowadays though...

In any case, I certainly don't mind getting used to a little bulkiness 'coz one day, I'll own a DSLR . Talk abt bulkiness eh?
    u will own a DSLR? when huh?

Just a correction, there's no 20x Ridata 128 Mb CF; only 16x ones are available. Btw, The 256 ($140) and 512 ($300) are rated at 20x.

If you're looking for a 128 card, it'll make more sense to get a SmartMedia. They're a lot faster than the CFs.

My mistake...

i am using smart media, because they are very fast for the 602Z. Despite all the talk about SM being outdated soon, i will still use them because they are lighter, and really fast.

Originally posted by chenwei

Not sure, but definitely on a day between now to the next 60 years

I'm $tarting to vi$uali$e the day when I get a D$LR.

To be continued......

eh, btw, what abt you?

i am using smart media, because they are very fast for the 602Z. Despite all the talk about SM being outdated soon, i will still use them because they are lighter, and really fast.
    Agree with you. My cam is set to normally use the CF but when speed is an impt factor, I'll switch over to my 128 SM.

Btw, just to add, did you know if you format the CF with a bigger sector size, it becomes a lot faster? The only trade-off is that you get lesser shots (-1 or 2) but it's quite worth it imho.

eh, btw, what abt you?
    heh, not possible, calculate here n there, sell this n that, save a few year, still hard to raise enough funds... (the study loan is huge amount on top of head...)

me thinking to go for eos300v, then stick to film slr for a few years, still thinking...

mriz
    Guests

Agree with you. My cam is set to normally use the CF but when speed is an impt factor, I'll switch over to my 128 SM.

Btw, just to add, did you know if you format the CF with a bigger sector size, it becomes a lot faster? The only trade-off is that you get lesser shots (-1 or 2) but it's quite worth it imho.
    how do you format CF with bigger sector size?
    I too feel that SM is faster than the CF...

mriz
    Guests

I was considering the E10 so the 602z is not bulky
    i got mine @ $1070 from AP after a bit of haggling.. someone was qouted $1030 from MScolor so you might want to look ard...

mriz
    Guests

Welcome, Welcome!

This is the best forum to get help with the 602Z in particular, and for digital photography in general. We are certainly not experts (i know i'm not), but will try to help when we can

1850mah nickel hydride batteries and a fast charger (the Sony 1hr charger at $35 from AP is OK for most use). After a few charge cycles, you should get about 150 shots with LCD/EVF with occasional flash. But your mileage will vary. Some users have posted as high as 250 shots on a single charge!! That's good stuff!!

AS for other accessories (lens and converters), perhaps you could get them only after you are throughly comfortable with the cam, and know what is can do, and what it cannot. Really, the cam alone, with an external flash, should suffice for the time being.

External Flash: check out the Fujifilm forum, you should get an idea what is more popular for most 602Z users.

Experiment, Experiment, Experiment, and have fun, this is a great camera you can use immediately, and also to grow into.

thanks fruitybix...
    together with the camera, i got myself a 256MB Ridata CF, a 55-52 adapter, a UV filter and a set of Sanyo 1850 NiMH batt with charger. Wanted to get an external flash, and the uncle at AP said I can get one for ard $80. But decided to hold of the purchase for awhile...

I was considering the E10 so the 602z is not bulky
    i got mine @ $1070 from AP after a bit of haggling.. someone was qouted $1030 from MScolor so you might want to look ard...
    Where is MScolor?

mriz
    Guests

thanks fruitybix...
    together with the camera, i got myself a 256MB Ridata CF, a 55-52 adapter, a UV filter and a set of Sanyo 1850 NiMH batt with charger. Wanted to get an external flash, and the uncle at AP said I can get one for ard $80. But decided to hold of the purchase for awhile...
    try singnet classfied, SB24 just post recently with attractive price.

mriz
    Guests

try singnet classfied, SB24 just post recently with attractive price.
    SB24 for $200 rite? how much is it retailing for new ?

SB24 for $200 rite? how much is it retailing for new ?
    no longer on production, this flash works very fine with 602, highly recommend.

erm... mpenza continue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast