Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: Film SLR dying.... sad...

Default Re: Film SLR dying.... sad...

Quote Originally Posted by csisfun View Post
    Actually, I read around the net that film is not really going to disappear so quickly as the film industry still uses 35mm movie film to record their videos. I can't imagine how expensive that would be to shoot movies on 35mm film, but it certainly is keeping Kodak alive.

So no worries
    By then it would be a boutique service you can't afford. Perhaps it is time to set up your own dark room?

Default Re: Film SLR dying.... sad...

Quote Originally Posted by csisfun View Post
    Actually, I read around the net that film is not really going to disappear so quickly as the film industry still uses 35mm movie film to record their videos. I can't imagine how expensive that would be to shoot movies on 35mm film, but it certainly is keeping Kodak alive.

So no worries
    This is exactly the thing that will disappear faster than still photography. As it is now, a lot of movies are shot without film, using special high definition video, or using computer animation technology which eventually ends with a high def video. Going by past trends, this industry will abandon film as soon as it is commercially viable to use alternate technology, because they do consume *a lot* of raw film.

Do you know that in many theatres in sg today, you are no longer watching film but actually watching a high def video. The so-called digital theatres.

This is just my opinion. 2 cents. No more.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789