Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Film SLR dying.... sad...

Default Re: Film SLR dying.... sad...

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    film is still very much alive in many other parts of the world !

dun worry too much !
    Oh yeah bro !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    if im not mistaken, i thought the EOS33 is ETTL2.

Quote Originally Posted by SNOWEAGLE
    EOS 30/33 is ETTL. EOS 30V/33V is ETTL II
    Thanks fellow graphers.....

Think I will be buying a 30V or 33V........ it is the pro-sumer range right? With much better body if I am not wrong.... I think I mixed up that all the V is ettl I only.....

Just checking if anyone know the estimated price of a new set of EOS 1 V/33V??? Does anyone know the material of the body of a 33v???

Thank you....

Maybe it sound crazy that people still buying film SLR... but I still love film for now...
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 24th July 2006 at 12:24 AM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    Actually if you enjoy photography and good at it, there is not much difference what you use. You still able to produce with what you have on hand at the moment. Anyone can't produce when using P&S or film/manual camera? Why? The gear should not matter that much.
    Mmm... maybe just feeling nostalgic.... I was introduced and started with film, and now, it is like being second class citizen, being caste aside with digital format... and personally, shooting film feeling is better....

Worst, I feel... everyone, instead of focusing on AV, TV, exposure, and taking pic, have their focus diverted.. into MP, and some equipment race some what.... and also, digital make weakness of lens more obvious, and everyone started RACING and RACING... and less talk about taking pictures...

Pic taking is an art... but it have become like a mass production... and anyone can take a pic can call himself a photographer with photo shop without understanding exposure, etc.... most part, etc... and just edit pic...

The greatest challenge is multi exposure on a pic.. it is now too easily with photo shop... is this still an art form?? Maybe it is still art with photo shop... but it lack that feeling... just me and my thought only....... I do not intent to start war, just my PERSONAL OPINION...
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 24th July 2006 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    Thanks fellow graphers.....

Think I will be buying a 30V or 33V........ it is the pro-sumer range right? With much better body if I am not wrong.... I think I mixed up that all the V is ettl I only.....

Just checking if anyone know the estimated price of a new set of EOS 1 V/33V??? Does anyone know the material of the body of a 33v???

Thank you....

Maybe it sound crazy that people still buying film SLR... but I still love film for now...
    Yes they are in the prosumer range.

New set of 1V/33V?? I don't think they sell new anymore unless maybe u can get from Canon but very expensive so no point. Material of 33V is aluminium.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle

New set of 1V/33V?? I don't think they sell new anymore unless maybe u can get from Canon but very expensive so no point. Material of 33V is aluminium.
    Have they discontinued the two bodies? Aren't they still current?

Just checked the www.canon.com.sg site and the 1v is still listed and so is the 30V. I suppose the 33V has been dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    Have they discontinued the two bodies? Aren't they still current?
    Should be discontinued le, i doubt Canon will produce anymore film SLRs.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    Just checked the www.canon.com.sg site and the 1v is still listed and so is the 30V. I suppose the 33V has been dropped.
    Of cos they are as they're the last few. If they're not listed then their website on film SLRs will have nothing to showcase.

Has Canon made an official announcement that it has stopped manufacturing/selling film SLRs?

I haven't read anything to that effect.

I was in Japan in April and they still had them new on the shelves and on hands-on display.

what there to be sad??

When Olympus announced to the world many yrs ago that they will stop all OM SLR production, I was just started to buy OM.. and now still shooting with OM.

in this respect.. nikon and canon are still far behind OM.

decades ago when ppl dropped LF for 35mm, who was there to feel sad? yet LF shooters still persist till these days.

no choice, technology need to advance, to create jobs, to sustain economic growth, for everybody's rice and roti.

Fortunately i still have my trusty EOS 30.

1 V still available...

30V... no more.... checked a few shop, and no more... wonder if they will come out a 30X which I am waiting for.... hahah........

Quote Originally Posted by boochap
    what there to be sad??

decades ago when ppl dropped LF for 35mm, who was there to feel sad? yet LF shooters still persist till these days.

no choice, technology need to advance, to create jobs, to sustain economic growth, for everybody's rice and roti.
    What is OM???

MMm... I was also comparing between digital and film format.... there is a lot of difference.... PM and LF still film... Digital is totally different...

1 V still available...

30V... no more.... checked a few shop, and no more... wonder if they will come out a 30X which I am waiting for.... hahah........
    1V too expensive. I'd rather get a DLSR with that price.

1V too expensive. I'd rather get a DLSR with that price.
    I think I will look for second hand one from TCW... 1V too expensive... I would have gotten the 30D at that price.... 30D is around $2000 right???

Is TCW reliable? I will need advise.... on buying second hand film SLR... I believe shutter should be one area to look out for...

Hoping to find the 30V.... with BP 300.....

Any advice? Thank you.
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 27th July 2006 at 11:02 PM.

I think I will look for second hand one from TCW... 1V too expensive... I would have gotten the 30D at that price.... 30D is around $2000 right???

Is TCW reliable? I will need advise.... on buying second hand film SLR... I believe shutter should be one area to look out for...

Hoping to find the 30V.... with BP 300.....

Any advice? Thank you.
    30D's slightly over $2000 body only.

I don't find TCW's 2nd hand cams reliable cos they're expensive, though they've lots of choices. Maybe u can try K-13 Marketing at Peninsular Plaza level 2 cos that's where i got my EOS 30 with grip last time. I don't think they've 30V.

30D's slightly over $2000 body only.

I don't find TCW's 2nd hand cams reliable cos they're expensive, though they've lots of choices. Maybe u can try K-13 Marketing at Peninsular Plaza level 2 cos that's where i got my EOS 30 with grip last time. I don't think they've 30V.
    Thanks Bro Snoweagle...

I think those older cam shutter more steady than newer ones... less flimsy... Just go and see... and see how... hopefully, can find something suitable....
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 28th July 2006 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks Bro Snoweagle...

I think those older cam shutter more steady than newer ones... less flimsy... Just go and see... and see how... hopefully, can find something suitable....
    Film shutters IMO are a lot sturdier than DSLRs.

Film shutters IMO are a lot sturdier than DSLRs.
    This one, I will not be able to confirm since I do not have DSLR... but I suspect DSLR more likely will be abused by owner than film, by snapping everything in sight, and more wear and tear....

I use both and enjoy both.
    But digicams lose value at a frightening rate.
    Film cameras especially Leica, Hasselblad, Rollei (manual TLRs) (not the %$^* electronic 6000 series!) hold their value solidly.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast