Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land - The Mid-East Crisis

Default Re: Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land - The Mid-East Crisis

Last edited by centuryegg; 28th July 2006 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    ...... ... ......., ...... . ..........

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    ?????

Quote Originally Posted by mau_lovers
    According to the some fundamentalistist Christian interpretation of the Bible it is none other than GOD
    philosophically i have have problem with religions. none is convincing. all great religious teachers were emotionally and psychologically disturded and are craving for freedom from problems, or power to control others. hence most if not all were/are living in illusion and evil agenda. as they propagated their so called divine teaching they created their own worlds to the extend that they were/are willing to die for the cause.

btw the promised land traced back to moses, he was greatly influenced by mesapotimian creation mythology. he saw himself as the saviour of some slaves in egypt out of jealousy and hurt. this was due to the fact that his brother - the king of egypt treated him as an unpure breed.

Quote Originally Posted by dDarkroom
    philosophically i have have problem with religions. none is convincing. all great religious teachers were emotionally and psychologically disturded and are craving for freedom from problems, or power to control others. hence most if not all were/are living in illusion and evil agenda. as they propagated their so called divine teaching they created their own worlds to the extend that they were/are willing to die for the cause.
    sweepin statement u have here! which reeks of discrimination. Some of the content of the statement may be true for certain individuals, but "all"?
    I m neutral towards religions, being a free-tinker.

Now u all know why the UN is just a name and nothing else. Veto here veto there. In the end back to square minus one.

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial_streak
    sweepin statement u have here! which reeks of discrimination. Some of the content of the statement may be true for certain individuals, but "all"?
    The root of the problem is religion. Don't deny.

Oh man..
    This thread is going to get locked sooner or later, most prob very soon.

We're all threading on thin ice. I think the ice already broke, waiting for the moment to fall into the cold water.

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial_streak
    yes, all. some claimed that they have had divine teaching for deliverance from suffering; some claimed that every tom, dick, and harry are gods, oh yes including rocks, trees, and water.

so many god/gods telling these individuals different strories then we better not get near to any of them - there will be conflict in the life now and after.

the mysterious first cause is still a mystery - does it got a face, is it personal, intelligent, is it good, evil or both; or is it just a mass of energy - no one knows.

those who claimed they know - BIG DEAL, with their connection with the god/gods can they make the world better.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    The root of the problem is religion. Don't deny.

God himself is faultless, the root of the problem is people.

yes, all. some claimed that they have had divine teaching for deliverance from suffering; some claimed that every tom, dick, and harry are gods, oh yes including rocks, trees, and water.

so many god/gods telling these individuals different strories then we better not get near to any of them - there will be conflict in the life now and after..

the mysterious first cause is still a mystery - does it got a face, is it personal, intelligent, is it good, evil or both; or is it just a mass of energy - no one knows.

those who claimed they know - BIG DEAL, with their connection with the god/gods can they make the world better.
    Quite clearly, you have not thought this through.

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Quite clearly, you have not thought this through.
    good that you are enlightened. btw religions is still the opiate of the people. many people, indeed, found hope and strength in religions.

People = $hit. Period.

Cause and effect. You probably can make a person better but the world would still be as bad. Alrighty then, all that will happen will happen. Back to photography. At least we can still shoot pictures peacefully.

It is funny, they have been fighting for centuries.............

And they still haven't found the answer = god

p/s: If there is a promised land, it would be in my heart...not a piece of dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    It is funny, they have been fighting for centuries.............

And they still haven't found the answer = god

p/s: If there is a promised land, it would be in my heart...not a piece of dirt

hahahahaha..........The promised land here has promise here " MORE GOOD YEARS "

not for the poor/middle class human here....

good that you are enlightened. btw religions is still the opiate of the people. many people, indeed, found hope and strength in religions.
    I do not claim to be enlightened, I am merely saying that if you want to be so damning about other people's beliefs, the least you could do is to educate yourself on what they are and the basis for them before you do so. Is that not a reasonable observation?

I do not claim to be enlightened, I am merely saying that if you want to be so damning about other people's beliefs, the least you could do is to educate yourself on what they are and the basis for them before you do so. Is that not a reasonable observation?
    which belief are you referring to so that I can be educate by it?

which belief are you referring to so that I can be educate by it?
    Please read my post carefully, I said educate yourself "on what they are" it before criticising, not "be educated by it". Its like a film shooter criticising digital cameras when he has never touched one in his life. Totally lacks credibility, don't you think?

Please read my post carefully, I said educate yourself "on what they are" it before criticising, not "be educated by it". Its like a film shooter criticising digital cameras when he has never touched one in his life. Totally lacks credibility, don't you think?
    oh my bad....

In reading anthropoloy, in the library donkey years ago, religion is the main building block of the pre-hisotoric society/tribal and it is true in modern society. The concept of some supernatural beings were readily accepted by the people then because there is a lack of scientific knowledge - hence you have the thunder god, sea god, etc. It is a powerful tool to unite the people or to control the people. Hence, even secular government cannot afford to neglect racial and religious harmony.

Most religions have a political-social root/agenda, namely the compilation of the Torah by moses. Some religions were founded by individuals who wanted to make sense of things (most likely - human suffering) happening around them and adopted a philosophical approach -e.g buddhism.

this is my limited knowlegde of the root of religions.

In reading pscs2 in the library I found peace.
    May the force be with you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast