Thread: Portable Air Cond?

Default Portable Air Cond?

Hey guys,

Am looking for a portable air cond for my guest room. Since I'm renting the apartment, a fixed split A/C unit is out of the question, so wanna get one of these for when guests stay over at my place.

Any to recommend and what are the prices generally like? The room is not large, your typical HDB-sized bedroom. Thanks!

Default Re: Portable Air Cond?

Used to be a shop at Suntec city beside Carrefour that sells portable stand alone a/c units that cost about $800-$1200 range but they're closed now. Might want to try out other options at IMM maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by photoconceptz
    Used to be a shop at Suntec city beside Carrefour that sells portable stand alone a/c units that cost about $800-$1200 range but they're closed now. Might want to try out other options at IMM maybe?
    Thanks... wow, the prices are kinda steep

You can try BEST at Great Wold City or Thomson Plaza Best..Portable aircon, not cheap tho.! Worst come to worst, get a fan or another one where it cools by water vapour.

Happy airconing !

Hey guys,

Am looking for a portable air cond for my guest room. Since I'm renting the apartment, a fixed split A/C unit is out of the question, so wanna get one of these for when guests stay over at my place.

Any to recommend and what are the prices generally like? The room is not large, your typical HDB-sized bedroom. Thanks!

Maybe you can talk to the landlord about installing a fixed one. In return, reduced rental?

Personally, I do own a portable aircond in Melbourne. But it is not as cooling as those fixed ones

Saw a portable aircon today at Gain City, Marina branch. Slightly less than $1k for 10,000 BTU. More than enough power for your guest room. Can't remember which brand though. It was part of the window display.

Thanks guys... I thought all along that it was around $400-600...

.. if close to $1k then my guests can just do with fan