Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you neglect your film camera when you own a Digital?

Originally posted by ckiang

Whats "those one row one row film"?

There's something called a "changing bag", which is light tight. You load the film into a developing tank inside the bag. Once loaded, the tank can be taken out of the bag without any danger to the film. From there, you can pour chemicals into the tank for the developing process.

To print it yourself, you'll need a darkroom and enlarger (a bit like a projector) on a stand, but projecting downwards. Check out those B&W developing/printing books in the library, it will be clearer as they have illustrations and photos.

Regards
    CK
    thanks for the info, i think it's better to get a book from library

Originally posted by chenwei
    thanks for the info, i think it's better to get a book from library
    i got some basic photog books that you can borrow if you want... just lemme know.

they got illustrations of how a darkroom works...

Originally posted by Larry
    i got some basic photog books that you can borrow if you want... just lemme know.

they got illustrations of how a darkroom works...
    wau thanks! u got pm...

Default DIgital And FIlm

Hheee...hehe...so good to know that so many of you out there still prefer film....thought that in the digital nowadays, film based camera are slowing down...(neglected)....

As for me, my G2 really helps me alot in my photography...improved my skill after I bought the G2. Helps you to compose on the spot and retify the problems on the spot.

But then Film is still better some how ...i always feel that digital prints are not as lively as film (negatives)...in respect to color and naturality <-if thers such a word..

Used to take film last time when I go overseas with friends..now I use digital as I can downlaod and shared them across networks...easy ordering (no need to print and pass aorund for re-ordering..)....

Cheers....

Default Re: DIgital And FIlm

Originally posted by MatthewSCL

But then Film is still better some how ...i always feel that digital prints are not as lively as film (negatives)...in respect to color and naturality <-if thers such a word..
    Digital prints from good labs and top notch photo printer can match negative prints some even better after touch up with powerful imaging software. Some people even claim that 1Ds can challenge MF negative prints.

The thing that digital never come close is slide....I never see digital cam with colour reproduction like Velvia or Provia (my personal favourite film).
    W204FL

As for me, friends(..not relatives...) gathering, that's my DC job... now, for recording special moments, like, a visit to my relatives...own personal works from portrait to still life to travels to cityscape to street (especially for me...) to...well, apart from friends gathering (even though sometimes i bring along FM2..).... that's my film SLR/TLR job, no doubt. And I use B&W mostly... I do developing and printing...

Pinhole photography and 4/5 when on good days...

Originally posted by Fundee
    film base camera still gets my priority.......my s2pro run 2nd...
    Sama sama

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12