Thread: Revision of Exit Permit Requirements - Must Read for NSFs/NSMen

Default Revision of Exit Permit Requirements - Must Read for NSFs/NSMen

Enhancing convenience: Revisions to exit control measures governing national servicemen

National Servicemen can look forward to more convenience when they travel overseas with effect from Aug 1, 2006.

The revisions to exit control policies were recommended by the Fourth Committee to Recognise the Contribution of Operationally-Ready NSmen to Total Defence (RECORD IV) to enhance convenience for servicemen when they travel overseas. These recommendations were accepted by the Government during the Committee of Supply Debate on 6 March 2006.

Full-time National Servicemen (NSFs) will henceforth be exempted from applying for exit permits for short overseas trips of less than 3 months. Operationally-Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) will no longer be required to surrender their exit permits upon their return to Singapore. NSmen who have completed their Operationally-Ready National Service (ORNS) training cycle will be exempted from notifying the MINDEF Notification Centre (MNC) of their overseas trips.

Full-time National Servicemen (NSFs) will only be required to apply for an exit permit for overseas trips of 3 months or longer. This will allow NSFs to go overseas over the weekend or after office hours without being subjected to the inconvenience of applying for an exit permit.

Operationally-Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) issued with exit permits will no longer be required to surrender their exit permits upon their return to Singapore. MINDEF will use the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority's Exit-Entry Control Upgraded System (EECUS) to monitor the return of NSmen.

NSmen who have completed their Operationally-Ready National Service Training Cycle and have been phased into the MINDEF Reserve (MR) will no longer be required to notify the MNC of their overseas trips of more than 24 hours and less than 6 months. However, they will continue to be subjected to exit permit controls for overseas trips of 6 months or longer.

http://www.asiaone.com/a1news/20060721_story2_1.html

Default Re: Revision of Exit Permit Requirements - Must Read for NSFs/NSMen

Quote Originally Posted by Klose

Operationally-Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) issued with exit permits will no longer be required to surrender their exit permits upon their return to Singapore. MINDEF will use the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority's Exit-Entry Control Upgraded System (EECUS) to monitor the return of NSmen.
    The EECUS was already in operation 10yrs ago, and yet they still required the silly piece of paper to be returned at that time. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection
    The EECUS was already in operation 10yrs ago, and yet they still required the silly piece of paper to be returned at that time. Sheesh.
    i have never collect or print out any paper,just call and notify mindef for NSmen.
    Do they really collect any paper back when you return?

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    i have never collect or print out any paper,just call and notify mindef for NSmen.
    Yeah me too. Need to surrender the exit permit one meh??? How to find one if it isn't present in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Enhancing convenience: Revisions to exit control measures governing national servicemen

National Servicemen can look forward to more convenience when they travel overseas with effect from Aug 1, 2006.

The revisions to exit control policies were recommended by the Fourth Committee to Recognise the Contribution of Operationally-Ready NSmen to Total Defence (RECORD IV) to enhance convenience for servicemen when they travel overseas. These recommendations were accepted by the Government during the Committee of Supply Debate on 6 March 2006.

Full-time National Servicemen (NSFs) will henceforth be exempted from applying for exit permits for short overseas trips of less than 3 months. Operationally-Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) will no longer be required to surrender their exit permits upon their return to Singapore. NSmen who have completed their Operationally-Ready National Service (ORNS) training cycle will be exempted from notifying the MINDEF Notification Centre (MNC) of their overseas trips.

Full-time National Servicemen (NSFs) will only be required to apply for an exit permit for overseas trips of 3 months or longer. This will allow NSFs to go overseas over the weekend or after office hours without being subjected to the inconvenience of applying for an exit permit.

NSmen who have completed their Operationally-Ready National Service Training Cycle and have been phased into the MINDEF Reserve (MR) will no longer be required to notify the MNC of their . However, they will continue to be subjected to exit permit controls for overseas trips of 6 months or longer.

http://www.asiaone.com/a1news/20060721_story2_1.html
    How about Operationally-Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) who go overseas trips of more than 24 hours and less than 6 months still must inform mindef?

Woo... Hoo.... MR liao loh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Adiemus
    Woo... Hoo.... MR liao loh.....

I still got 3 high.

Quote Originally Posted by Friday13
    Yeah me too. Need to surrender the exit permit one meh??? How to find one if it isn't present in the first place?
    wasn't given any paper too. I didn't even call back. But I will rec'd a letter usally within two week of my return from my unit reminding you to book your IPPT (if you have not clear your IPPT for the year). In other word, they know you are back.

I believe its like this for NSMen:

- If u're out of the country for not more den 24hrs, have to call up MINDEF or goto the NS website and key in ur notification of exit. NO EXIT PERMIT ISSUED OR REQUIRED

- If u're out of the country for more den 24hrs but less than 6mths, repeat scenario above.

- If u're out of the country for more den 6mths, EXIT PERMIT WILL BE REQUIRED AND ISSUED. U'll have to either apply thru the NS portal or go down to CMPB to get it done. At the same time, u'll be required to inform your unit as well with all relevant documents.

The diff now is that last time when u come back, u'll be required to surrender ur Exit Permit to Immigration upon arrival. But now as MINDEF computers are linked to immigration, so basically u wun have to surrender ur EPs upon arrival.

Basically if u're juz going for ur normal holidays, the procedures still remain the same (aka call up, go NS Portal & get acknowlegement code). No diff.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I believe its like this for NSMen:

- If u're out of the country for not more den 24hrs, have to call up MINDEF or goto the NS website and key in ur notification of exit. NO EXIT PERMIT ISSUED OR REQUIRED
    You don't have to inform them if you're out of country for less than 24 hrs.

I guess that's my error there.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    Last time? GOT! Never return kena fine $5 even. KNS.
    That was when you'd physically speak with someone to apply for an exit permit. The computer screen would track all my ins & outs of the country, departure and arrival times, destinations and origins. The system was basically linked to ICA's computers at Changi.

Quote Originally Posted by Friday13

I old man here lah...ORD in 1998.