Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clouds

Default Re: Clouds

Your framing is wrong. Perspective is wrong. Image is tilted.

You can use Photoshop to correct most of your problems.

Sorry Bud, 0 out of 10 from me.

Title is not suitable.

I find the pattern of the window or whatever this is very unique. Perhaps you shoud include more of the left and as photobum mentioned, the photo is tilted. In framing this type of photo, the frame must be straight.

Shoot more.
    Last edited by DeSwitch; 21st July 2006 at 07:21 PM.

Jus to add that the CA on the top seem pretty bad as well.

Ok, generally thanks for your comments For the tilting, I was trying to take it like looking at it from slightly sideview. Any ways to improve on that? I realized it wasn't very effective after taking it as well.

photobum: Framing...? And perspective as in? Advice needed! Would it be okay if I use this program called Jasc Paint Shop Pro? I currently don't have the budget to buy photoshop, though learning from school's iBooks.

DeSwitch: Yes, it's a window One of the favourite parts in my school, in fact. Hm, what title do you think should be given? I was trying to make it seem as if something you saw while walking, the clouds being what captured your attention. I would try to shoot more Most pictures I take is of friends though, and I don't think that it is very nice to post their pictures here, since they don't know.

XC Pictorial: CA...? >.< Sorry if it's common sense!

Oh yeah, there is also a limited space I could work with, if it helps. It was a rectangular room with this window at the end. Usually, I'm also not allowed to go in, and actually took this at the door since it was open
    Last edited by impaction; 21st July 2006 at 09:28 PM.

Foreground and background are competing for attention, where is the anchor point?

I guess you mean the window pattern and the clouds...? Erm, a bit of both actually. My idea was to make it seem as if just walking past, and colour/pattern of window caught attention. Enough to have a fleeting look, but not interested enough to want to stay.

For tilting, to correct it will be something like this?

I find it not as interesting...=/

Too saturated.

Too many 'frames'. Actually it can be pretty interesting if u're only using the 'cross' to frame your photo, dividing it into a few sections. Don't put the cross at centre, instead try to shift the cross 1/3rd way between the edges of the photo.

Hm yeah abit too saturated.

I don't think I can shift upwards, cause for one thing, this window is at least twice my height higher, and it is already the ceiling
    Last edited by impaction; 21st July 2006 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by impaction
    Hm yeah abit too saturated.

I don't think I can shift upwards, cause for one thing, this window is at least twice my height higher, and it is already the ceiling
    Zoom in!

o.0 Where can I zoom to?

Unsaturated Can see the ceiling from here, so yeah. Reason I saturated it was that I didn't like the paleness of the window...wanted it darker and clouds nt so...well, don't want that kind of effect anyway.
    Last edited by impaction; 21st July 2006 at 10:34 PM.

Personally?

Zoom on the centre cross.

Oh...but it beats the effect I'm going after isn't it?

Oh...but it beats the effect I'm going after isn't it?
    What effect are u going for?

I'm tryin to go for the effect where this is like a snapshot in the memory. A fleeting glance. Something like that.

photobum: Framing...? And perspective as in? Advice needed! Would it be okay if I use this program called Jasc Paint Shop Pro? I currently don't have the budget to buy photoshop, though learning from school's iBooks.
    Your framing is not centralised. You perspective is titled inwards. Do you understand how a view camera corrects perspective. If you do, you'll know what I mean.

Sorry bro, can't help you much if you don't have Photoshop.

I'm tryin to go for the effect where this is like a snapshot in the memory. A fleeting glance. Something like that.
    Hmmm... really depends on how you personally express the shot.

good idea, but your clouds didnt cooperate by not "posing" nicely in the man-made frames ... try another time, another sky ... maybe one the skies will cooperate

DeSwitch: Yes, it's a window One of the favourite parts in my school, in fact. Hm, what title do you think should be given? I was trying to make it seem as if something you saw while walking, the clouds being what captured your attention. I would try to shoot more Most pictures I take is of friends though, and I don't think that it is very nice to post their pictures here, since they don't know.

The title clouds will immediate set the viewers mind to look out for outstanding clouds formation which in yr photo unfortunately dont have. The focusing point that is interesting would be the center cross of the window frame. A title like "Through my favorite window" might be better but I'm not good with titles.

I tried to edit yr photo (hope you dont mind) to give you the picture of what I meant by including more of the left side. I wanted a balanced frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast