Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Camera Bag

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default Camera Bag

    I read the article on 'How to choose a camera Bag?' on CP's website. Any URL for LowePro bags? How much it cost for a medium-sized bag (shoulder bag design)?
    Last edited by makan007; 24th February 2002 at 10:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,651

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Originally posted by Kit
    http://www.lowepro.com/
    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Can get mini trekker.. (i am using it). Can fit 2 SLR size camera with filters and maybe a few lense. Even got a tripod attachment so you can attach your tripod to the bag then carry both things ard.. frees your hand =)

    Price is around $130 at CP. But need to bargain.
    Canon Lover :)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Which is cheaper?
    Backpack design or shoulder bag design?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Originally posted by Klause
    Can get mini trekker.. (i am using it). Can fit 2 SLR size camera with filters and maybe a few lense. Even got a tripod attachment so you can attach your tripod to the bag then carry both things ard.. frees your hand =)

    Price is around $130 at CP. But need to bargain.
    Any bags lower than $100? I still prefer shoulder bag design.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,651

    Default

    Try the LowePro Nova series or the smaller S&F reporter series. They should be under $100.

    $130 is just a "show" price at CP. If you asked, the price will drop significantly. I once got a bag for $70 plus but that tag was over $100.

  8. #8

    Default

    Dun think any good bags from lowepro is less than $100.
    SHoulder bags are the reporter series. The reporter 400 seems quite popular, think it cost about $150.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Thanks for the recommendations. I will do more research.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Can get bag at CP at approximately half of what is on the price tag. My S&F Rover Light was tagged at $262, got it at $130. And Isomer's Orion Trekker was bought at around $60 while the price tag staes $125. Both the bags are backpacks (due to our criteria of carrying school books in the bag).

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Originally posted by Flare
    Can get bag at CP at approximately half of what is on the price tag. My S&F Rover Light was tagged at $262, got it at $130. And Isomer's Orion Trekker was bought at around $60 while the price tag staes $125. Both the bags are backpacks (due to our criteria of carrying school books in the bag).
    You mean u hav to bargain with them before they give you discount or they juz quote any price lower than the price tag?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,651

    Default

    I usually pretend that I haven't seen the price tag, just ask them directly. The price they quote will always be much lower. However, don't expect them to further lower their prices.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    I change my mind. I'm getting a Mini Trekker - backpack design.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Does Lowepro offers limited lifetime warranty for their camera bags in Singapore?

  15. #15
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Originally posted by makan007
    Does Lowepro offers limited lifetime warranty for their camera bags in Singapore?
    Yes they do...in fact, I once exchanged a screwed-up one for a brand new one within a month...with no trouble @ all!

    That's what I call service!

  16. #16

    Default

    one word about the backpack design, backpacks are less efficient with space. You'll end up with some of the space "wasted" and unutilized. "top loaders" make more efficient use with space.
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Originally posted by AdamGoi


    Yes they do...in fact, I once exchanged a screwed-up one for a brand new one within a month...with no trouble @ all!

    That's what I call service!
    how screw up was it? u bring back to CP for exchange?

  18. #18

    Default

    If u got a medium-heavy tripod bagpack will be great

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Originally posted by kamwai


    how screw up was it? u bring back to CP for exchange?
    They are the distributor in S'pore.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Originally posted by franciskc
    If u got a medium-heavy tripod bagpack will be great
    Agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •