Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is wrong?!?!

Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

yup the last time i tried to take some stars pictures indoor, i cant get a place to use tripod or monopod. so many pictures were gone.

actually i dont mind underexposing some of my pictures. jus tweak a bit in PP.
    D70s-er Since 2005

Shoot in RAW and push up the brightness. The slow shutter speed is the cause of the blur. my 2cent

If you are using the max zoom, you should try to use the max shutter that your camera can synchronise. Also, if you are too far away for your flash to reach, you can always make your own flash extender to concentrate the light spread to match your lens angle of view. This will greatly increase your flash reach. My SB26 can zoom only up to 80mm. With the extender, I can get up to 400mm which more than doubles the flash distance.

Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsyspidy
    how'd i do that?
    Easiest way, don't PP just post the pic straight. We just need the Exif.
    (Note, Exif not turning up may be because of the hosting site)
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ah.zeep
    Hi,

I don't have Photoshop myself, but I googled and maybe the following links may be helpful:

http://www.digicamhelp.com/what-is-e...en-editing.htm
    http://forum.fotothing.com/topic/896/
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11666
    thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Too low of a shutter speed. Too big of an ambition.

Whenever I use my 80-200 f2.8 indoors or undershade, I will definitely bring along my monopod (even a tripod with one leg extended is good) and a flash. Otherwise, I know I will have to reject 80~90% of my effort.
    My first events shoot though, i'll sure get a monopod for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by MDZ2
    If you are using the max zoom, you should try to use the max shutter that your camera can synchronise. Also, if you are too far away for your flash to reach, you can always make your own flash extender to concentrate the light spread to match your lens angle of view. This will greatly increase your flash reach. My SB26 can zoom only up to 80mm. With the extender, I can get up to 400mm which more than doubles the flash distance.
    My sb600 goes up to 85mm, so i should just blast it straight at the subject together with extender? max shutter my camera can synchronise meaning the 1/focal length thingy?

Guys thanks for all the advice, will try harder next time. maybe it's time to read up some more books...

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Shoot in RAW and push up the brightness. The slow shutter speed is the cause of the blur. my 2cent
    yup i always shoot in RAW to do adjustment...
    D70s-er Since 2005

My sb600 goes up to 85mm, so i should just blast it straight at the subject together with extender? max shutter my camera can synchronise meaning the 1/focal length thingy?
    Get a Metz 45 or 60. You'll have all the portable flash power you want.

The extender is basically a magniying piece of plastic that will increase the zoom range of your flash. sync speed is the maximum speed that your camera is capable of synchronising with your flash. For Speedlight, it should be about 1/250 I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12