Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: What is wrong?!?!

  1. #1

    Default What is wrong?!?!

    Just took a quite a few photos at jolin's autograph session, i must be doing something wrong. all my pictures came out blur and bad. Almost none sharp. Quite sad. I'm really terrible.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Potong Pasir
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    handshake? or focus wrongly?

    some pictures so we can see?
    D70s-er Since 2005

  3. #3
    Senior Member kenele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dover Cl East
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Can show some pics please?

  4. #4

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Damn sad. These are the only ones i can salvage after some PP. haiz.











    i'm just terrible. *cry*

  5. #5

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    pardon me for my poor PP. using LCD now.

  6. #6

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    u haven't look at mine lol
    used ISO 800 and 1600. a lot of details were lost.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Eastcoast
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    indoor lighting right? with no flash?

  8. #8

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by pingo
    indoor lighting right? with no flash?
    got sb600

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Potong Pasir
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    shutter speed?
    D70s-er Since 2005

  10. #10

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    1/50s f/2.8

  11. #11

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsyspidy
    1/50s f/2.8
    your shutter too low, at such long focal length, you'll need 1/80 or even 1/100 to get sharp pictures.

    there seems to be a lack of lights. you might need to compensate your flash upwards, or do +1 EV to your metering. you'll get better lit pictures

    also, things seems to be slightly on the grainy side. ISO 640 or ISO 400 should be better if you demand pictures that requires less grain/noise =)

  12. #12

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix
    your shutter too low, at such long focal length, you'll need 1/80 or even 1/100 to get sharp pictures.

    there seems to be a lack of lights. you might need to compensate your flash upwards, or do +1 EV to your metering. you'll get better lit pictures

    also, things seems to be slightly on the grainy side. ISO 640 or ISO 400 should be better if you demand pictures that requires less grain/noise =)
    but i tried at 1/80 and 1/100 it's underexposing my photos. so i shouldn't point my flash straight at the subject?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    THink you should be using a 70-300 lens ba.. from the quality of it.
    You are using D50, thus that should be around iso 800 or 1600.

    Using SB 600? Try overiding the flash and let it fire full power. Hopefully can have sufficient light. Try to use support and use shutter priority at least at 1/200.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  14. #14

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang
    THink you should be using a 70-300 lens ba.. from the quality of it.
    You are using D50, thus that should be around iso 800 or 1600.

    Using SB 600? Try overiding the flash and let it fire full power. Hopefully can have sufficient light. Try to use support and use shutter priority at least at 1/200.
    omg so disgraceful to tell you i'm using the 80-200. i'm hopeless. yeah my iso is 800, coz i tot low light, hence boost iso. i'll probably try a monopod next time.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Where got disgrace with 80-200? F2.8 leh.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  16. #16

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang
    Where got disgrace with 80-200? F2.8 leh.
    the results.... sigh

  17. #17

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    (Would've been useful if you'd let the EXIF data through in your pics after the PP....)

  18. #18

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ah.zeep
    (Would've been useful if you'd let the EXIF data through in your pics after the PP....)
    how'd i do that?

  19. #19

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsyspidy
    how'd i do that?
    I don't have Photoshop myself, but I googled and maybe the following links may be helpful:

    http://www.digicamhelp.com/what-is-e...en-editing.htm
    http://forum.fotothing.com/topic/896/
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11666

  20. #20

    Default Re: What is wrong?!?!

    Too low of a shutter speed. Too big of an ambition.

    Whenever I use my 80-200 f2.8 indoors or undershade, I will definitely bring along my monopod (even a tripod with one leg extended is good) and a flash. Otherwise, I know I will have to reject 80~90% of my effort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •