Thread: Food Product shots.

jeremywe
    Guests

Question Food Product shots.

Hi all. hope i can some answers here too.

Any of you guys have any guidelines on how to take good pictures for food products... like angles, lighting, food product layout, flash/no flash(wat kinda flash?), apertures, etc. using 602z digicam.

I have tried to take some, but i'm not very satisfied with the results.
    seems like theres some unwanted shawdows no matter where i place the light source.
    Is it better to under expose to over-expose... assuming i cannot get the just-right exposure.

Pls take a look and my shots(edited) and setup and give some suggestions/tips on how i could improve them.
    www.pbase.com/jeremywe/misc_pics

Thanks!
    Last edited by jeremywe; 2nd January 2003 at 12:37 AM.

hmm u prob need 2 lamps both position 45deg sideways and up on each side of the plate to cancel out the shadows.

L L

food

no experience taking food b4, but judging from those pics in food court's stalls, most are cropped at some edges making the food looks "bigger" than the frame can hold. so u might wanna try some of these effect too

Originally posted by hans
    no experience taking food b4, but judging from those pics in food court's stalls, most are cropped at some edges making the food looks "bigger" than the frame can hold. so u might wanna try some of these effect too
    Brubber.

Commercial food and product shots are usually taken in studio, but can be taken on location as well.

Here's what you'd probably need:

1. 1-2 Studio strobes. (With diffuser).
    2. Tripod (Preferred).
    3. Water spray. (Corn strach)
    4. Reflectors. (Paper Boards will do)
    5. Light meter (Must have!!!)
    6. Table Cloth (For food to be rested on)

All the best ya.