Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NSmen ICT requirements..

Default Re: NSmen ICT requirements..

Quote Originally Posted by sunfish
    Yes, Ola is right. As long as you have not reach 40 years old, they can call you back anytime. Assuming the 3 ICT you have done are all high keys, there is still a chance that they will call you for at least 4 more high keys...keep your fingers crossed and good luck.
    Ya man...believe it or not....i once had a SGT who kenna called back for ICT at the age of 39, after MINDEF did not call him for 10yrs............

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng
    Ya man...believe it or not....i once had a SGT who kenna called back for ICT at the age of 39, after MINDEF did not call him for 10yrs............
    I can identify with that! I ROD-ed in 1991 and got called back for my 1st ICT in 2000!!
    How time flies. 1 more ICT to go before I complete the cycle. Can't wait for that to happen (early next year). I'm getting too old to remain a soldier liao!

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    actually it is a very sad moment. with that letter, a large part of your life is forever gone from you.
    If you feel that strongly, I encourage you to volunteer to serve further after you MR or reach 40. I'm sure SAF won't reject you

Quote Originally Posted by Big Belly
    I can identify with that! I ROD-ed in 1991 and got called back for my 1st ICT in 2000!!
    How time flies. 1 more ICT to go before I complete the cycle. Can't wait for that to happen (early next year). I'm getting too old to remain a soldier liao!
    I also ROD in 1991 and they call me for 1st in-camp last year. This year done my 1st high-key. I'll hit 40 before completing the cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by reflecx
    If you feel that strongly, I encourage you to volunteer to serve further after you MR or reach 40. I'm sure SAF won't reject you
    Yes. Volunteer lor...

They asked me to volunteer for this April to Taiwan just for the fun of it, even though I went to Australia in 2005 and 2004 each. For all these years, one should by now know that there is no such thing as "something for nothing." I rather be with my family.

Quote Originally Posted by corollax
    I also ROD in 1991 and they call me for 1st in-camp last year. This year done my 1st high-key. I'll hit 40 before completing the cycle...
    In SAF there is always a word call c0ck-up so is norm in SAF. Hopefully they dun need your service after you reach 40.

Quote Originally Posted by reflecx

I actually did one "extra" in camp because I went for a commander's exercise. But then I would have miss my unit standown so I called up the clerk and demanded an SAF100. What the hey, when you are in a fighting fit unit amongst people you would count on to watch your back, what is 3-4 weeks of ICT?

unfortunately, once you reach 40, they wouldn't have any place good to place you. Plus if you are not in your operational unit amongst your brothers, what's the point?

ROD in 1991, was away until 2004, 1st in-camp in September...I think. I am a permanent pes-C, Armourer Class II, due to a knee injury. Reservists still using M16s? if not I don't know what I'll be doing.

No IPPT for me. Even the S3 asked why the SAF asked me to come back, I'm not sure too, but what the heck!

Going back to reservist for the 1st time after these 14 years, noticed that the army’s more humanized – more teamwork and less rank-pulling. And unlike the past where we’ll never even go near a cookhouse, the cookhouse food now seems quite edible, – or maybe my stomach’s become less picky…

Ok I only have one word to say....NB..
    Received a notice today..guess what? Me and my BIG mouth....

ICT next year Feb..knn
    4D also not so joon!..
    Last edited by firestone; 26th July 2006 at 11:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12