Thread: RTM 1 and 2 programme signals

Smile RTM 1 and 2 programme signals

Rtm 1 signals remain poor. (rtm 2 not carried by our hdb's antenna for quite some time.) the new paper has an article on this recently. i missed the issue. can share the info?

Default Re: RTM 1 and 2 programme signals

Because malaysia said we need to pay for watching RTM 2 channel. So sg stop receiving the channel for the past few years ago.
    RTM 1 channel should be ok.

Smile Re: RTM 1 and 2 programme signals

some of our malay neighbours in the neighbourhood have installed a small sized external antenna, usually protuding from the common corrider or from one of their windows. i suspect it is to receive rtm 1, 2 and indonesian tv signals.

Arrow Re: RTM 1 and 2 programme signals

The RTM 1 is still scrambled after the World Cup. Maybe Singapore should scrambled all the free to air signal that reaches the people in Johor.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin
    The RTM 1 is still scrambled after the World Cup. Maybe Singapore should scrambled all the free to air signal that reaches the people in Johor.
    A bit OOT huh... but just wondering why Singapore TV is so boring... almost all the series is runs very late here compared to Indo and Malaysia...

Free signals?

Not sure about other area, but in tuas you get 100% good reception
    Many car drivers park their cars around tuas to watch world cup peacefully last month..
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin
    For those staying in Old HDB flat can connect back to the old TV signal socket to saw RTM1 without problem.
    For those staying in new HDB flat which are using the starhub tv signal box then just too bad.

My block (built in 1970s) still have the TV antenna. I'm scheduled to move to new block cos of SERS. No more antenna in few year's time.
    Last edited by redstone; 23rd July 2006 at 02:31 PM.

for those living in flats using starhub tv signal, those rooftop antennas actually serve no purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    For those staying in new HDB flat which are using the starhub tv signal box then just too bad.

Many years ago (before Starhub came into being) when I lived in Choa Chu Kang, I could not tune in to TV3 when the antenna cable was plugged in. However, if I were to connect the TV to the window, I was able to get signals for that station (TV3 is in UHF).

Instead of spending money on an external antenna, try this simple solution. Use any cable (I mean any cable) with a crocodile clip on each end. Clip one end to the coaxial jack on the back of the TV and clip the other end to any metallic frame (e.g. window). I think you may get something.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this in the recent years, so I can't guarantee results. More importantly, TVs run on electricity; please be careful. If anybody has any success, come back and share it here.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    for those living in flats using starhub tv signal, those rooftop antennas actually serve no purpose?
    I'm in new flat and using rooftop antennas - I forbid the starhub guy to come into my house to hook up to starhub signal. Still can watch RTM2 crystal clear but RTM1 lately a bit fuzzy.

hmm. interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by corollax
    I'm in new flat and using rooftop antennas - I forbid the starhub guy to come into my house to hook up to starhub signal. Still can watch RTM2 crystal clear but RTM1 lately a bit fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by roadsandtrails
    Instead of spending money on an external antenna, try this simple solution. Use any cable (I mean any cable) with a crocodile clip on each end. Clip one end to the coaxial jack on the back of the TV and clip the other end to any metallic frame (e.g. window). I think you may get something.
    hahahha, i actually do that for my room.
    Its amazing isnt it!

Quote Originally Posted by roadsandtrails
    Many years ago (before Starhub came into being) when I lived in Choa Chu Kang, I could not tune in to TV3 when the antenna cable was plugged in. However, if I were to connect the TV to the window, I was able to get signals for that station (TV3 is in UHF).

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this in the recent years, so I can't guarantee results. More importantly, TVs run on electricity; please be careful. If anybody has any success, come back and share it here.
    Do you need to scrape off the paint for the connection at the window end? (I meant where the crocodile clip bites)
    Last edited by Canew; 4th August 2006 at 04:48 PM.