Thread: What size digicabi for my gear?

Default What size digicabi for my gear?

I have 2 bodies (film & digital) and 8 lenses (17-55mm f3.5-5.6, 28-105mm f3.5-4.5, 55-200mm f3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f4-5.6, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 24-70mm f2.8, 80-200mm f2.8)

Intending to order one from dgihub, can any kind soul advise what size is suitable for my stuff?
    40L, 60L ?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: What size digicabi for my gear?

Think better get the 60L model.

I'm using the 40L model and find it small.

I think 60L also not big enough. I only got one body, and 6 lense and some accessories and my 60L is packed liao. Get the 80l and leave some room for upgrade.

Get a 100L, at least got some space for finger walking when you need to take out your equipment deep deep inside.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

wah lao, it gets bigger & bigger. From 60 to 80 to 100, each new advice becomes bigger

Looks like better go place order before it reaches 200L

Many thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CTN
    wah lao, it gets bigger & bigger. From 60 to 80 to 100, each new advice becomes bigger

Looks like better go place order before it reaches 200L

Many thanks anyway.

I seriously finds the 60L very odd. I cant maximise the 2 shelving. Currently left only 3 inches below for filters, anglefinders etc whild the mid level for my frequently used lenses and the top for the body and the lesser used lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    I seriously finds the 60L very odd. I cant maximise the 2 shelving. Currently left only 3 inches below for filters, anglefinders etc whild the mid level for my frequently used lenses and the top for the body and the lesser used lenses.
    I have a 30L, fits one cam, 2 lens
    Deswitch have 60L, fits one cam 6 lens
    CTN have 2 cam, 8 lens...

do the math, I doubt 80L also not enuff, maybe extremly tight fitting if you wanna take the chance. ...my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Very true indeed. Like you I am left with 3" too. i suggest get a bigger one. You can store tapes as well as many other magnetic/electronic stuff.

I have 2 bodies (film & digital) and 8 lenses (17-55mm f3.5-5.6, 28-105mm f3.5-4.5, 55-200mm f3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f4-5.6, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 24-70mm f2.8, 80-200mm f2.8)

Intending to order one from dgihub, can any kind soul advise what size is suitable for my stuff?
    40L, 60L ?

Thanks in advance.
    I just took receipt of the DHC-080 and I'm glad I didn't get any smaller - got the wedding photos in there as well as 2 P&S cameras, camcorder, 350D with battery grip, couple of lenses. Still plenty of space to build up my lens collection and not be cramped. Very happy.

3 tiers - middle one dedicated for lenses on my setup - the provided inserts allow for 4-5 columns of lenses several inches deep when laid down (say 2-3 long lenses in a row each & your shorter ones doubled up). If not, nothing stopping you taking out the insert and standing the smaller lenses up (comment above on the height restriction of 60litre then becomes important).
    Given you also take film, I would get the larger one for some of your printed gems as well as rolls etc on the bottom shelf...

Worked out as an extra 50SGD difference between the DHC 60 and 80. I guess the AD difference would be marginally less ($208 for AD-080 in Carrefour is cheaper than Digihub direct by 2SGD if you can be bothered spending 3 hours parking at Scumtec and then hack your way through the crowds !!!).

Hope that helps confuse you sufficiently without even answering your question directly.
    Last edited by Robbo73; 20th July 2006 at 06:09 PM.
    Robbo

I also have the 80l model and currently only 5 lenses inside plus 1 body and it's occupying only the top 2 levels, the bottom level I'm leaving for the rest of the gear like film, PnS camera, etc... You'd be comfortable for now, but if you do upgrade in the future and buy more lenses, then it may be a lil tight then...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Many thanks to all for their input.

Looks like even 80L is a little too small. If I add a couple of lenses or a new body may not even fit in. A 80L of 100L would be roughly the size of a typical office cubicle cabinet right?

AD-80 cost $210 direct from digihub, does anyone know how much a AD-100 is?

From experience, I can tell you that 60L will fit all ur gear in but it will be tight. 80L will give you some breathing space.

Many thanks to all for their input.

Looks like even 80L is a little too small. If I add a couple of lenses or a new body may not even fit in. A 80L of 100L would be roughly the size of a typical office cubicle cabinet right?

AD-80 cost $210 direct from digihub, does anyone know how much a AD-100 is?
    I have a price of 252SGD on my list from when I was looking a couple of weeks ago. I got the info off this forum somewhere as well as direct quotes for AD-040, DHC-040 and DHC-080. They're not 100% current or the best prices but thought they may help judge roughly - Digihub can give you a quote and are very quick to respond - www.digihub.com.sg. They deliver next day in Singapore. The 80 litre fits under a desk for sure W40 x D38 x H67 cm. Had a quick check on the website and the 100 litre is W45 x D38 x H72 cm.

DHC-040 = $198
    DHC-060 = $228
    DHC-080 = $298 Seen prices as low as 278 SGD mentioned on this forum though
    AD-40 = $138
    AD-80 = 208SGD (Carrefour), 210SGD (Digihub)
    AD-100 = 252SGD
    AD-120 = 371SGD
    Robbo

I have place an order for the AD-080 from digihub at $210, delivery is tomorrow afternoon.
    If anyone thinks I am making a mistake, please tell me. (Order can still be changed)

Once again, thanks to all!

Digihub delivered the AD-080 this afternoon, came with a free camera cleaning kit as well. $210 all in.

Managed to put all the lenses and the 2 cams in the top 2 shelves. Bottom layer for the filters, hoods, and the the flash unit . Not too cramp, there is some room to squeeze in another cam and a couple of lenses if get hit by BBB virus again.

Once again, a big thank you all for the advice.

Congrats on your new toy to keep the rest of the toys...