Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuck in the middle of mine field !

Default Re: stuck in the middle of mine field !

Quote Originally Posted by hongg
    sofar the group for anti-mine is pretty tough.....SG still sticking to its anti-mine arsenal...
    what do you mean "anti-mine"? we are one of the few countries that hasn't ratified the mine-ban treaty, and we continue to manufacture mines (for our own consumption).

Quote Originally Posted by hongg
    but the question remains : what to do if stuck in a minefield ?!!!
    if you are serious, learn how to prod for mines. carry a bayonet (or something like it). you need to practice to get the "feel" of what you have struck.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    pengz.....

Better start poking.. but I ain't gonna be poking in a prone position with that tiny bayonet infanty style can deploy CEV with TWMP a not? Then can lumpang a ride out also...

poke with bayonet is the best. then you can also see whether got booby trap.

Mine Prodder faster ba, Bayonet... Cows got lost and came home you still haven't cleared the mine field.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

out of the blue go where and find mine prodder. at least bayonet can be used for picking his toe nails also. dual-use technology

In the first place: out-of-the-blue how come in the middle of mine field? Or even out of the blue why carrying bayonet?
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Where is he in??

Cambodia?? That may still be a mine-riddled area. As such, there are still plenty of casualties from mines. Mine-prodding would be the simplest way out but only if you know what you are doing. There are plenty of mines these days and a large amount are now largely plastic in exterior and may not set off the metal detectors.

I'd actually be more afraid of the old style booby traps (bamboo stakes and the such)
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

hahah and don't believe the shows that says when you step on the mine you shouldn't lift your leg off it or get blown up and you start to say your last words and shed tears to your friend Cos when you step on a mine your leg would already have gone off
    Not really... Singapore is one of the few countries that deploy AP mines which detonate on triggering.

Most of the countries that don't subscribe to labelling their minefields.. Well.. Will probably have more evil mines... Like Jumping mines to detonate at your chest level..

Who needs a PLC when you've got Lambe now? Hehe.. And the Lambe's bigger brother..

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang
    In the first place: out-of-the-blue how come in the middle of mine field? Or even out of the blue why carrying bayonet?
    he say go cambodia mah, go that kind of place must bring bayonet lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    Not really... Singapore is one of the few countries that deploy AP mines which detonate on triggering.

Most of the countries that don't subscribe to labelling their minefields.. Well.. Will probably have more evil mines... Like Jumping mines to detonate at your chest level..
    That's what I'm trying to say. Don't belive the shows that says "I've stepped on a landmine and it'll blow when I lift my leg off it." Most mines blow when stepped on.

you have pending PM pls clear your inbox, it's full.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

That's what I'm trying to say. Don't belive the shows that says "I've stepped on a landmine and it'll blow when I lift my leg off it." Most mines blow when stepped on.

you have pending PM pls clear your inbox, it's full.
    Didn't realise my inbox is full... LOL.. Always thought they gave the standard 200 pm's that most vBB forums give..

Default Re: Stuck in the middle of mine field !

stepping into the wild in war torn territory is not a joke.

cambodia , ho chi minh, afghanistan....
    where there is a need for experience guide to avoida all the unneccesary polking, bayonets etc....ratification method.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123