Thread: AG 177 - Sat 29 July

Default AG 177 - Sat 29 July

"AG" means "Anything Goes", as in your gear, your media does not matter. What matters is that we all have a good time, making new friends, and making nice pictures. At every AG outing, there'll be chance for all to share and to learn about composing and seeing. And you get to learn about the places we go to.

The series is original, outings to promote friendship and photography but minus the equipment comparisons. The one thing that sets us apart is our intimate knowledge of Singapore and the places we go to, it's heritage, it's stories. Started in May 2003 and up to 160 outings, the AG series has been a prime model for others to emulate and imitate, even down to the text/captions used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Saturday, 29 July 06
    Time : 8.00am to meet up.

#177 - Abandoned Tracks
    Hi,
    I'll be limiting the group to around 5-6 pax for optimal movement. Anyone is welcome to join us and learn, film or digital, P&S or DSLR does not matter. We’ll be going to a place that is partly in the wilderness. Expect many opportunities for macro, plus scenery and abstracts. Be prepared for some climbing up muddy slopes. Mosquito repellent is advised.

As this is a Licensed AG outing, we'll definitely have the the originator of the AG outings series, Azure, joining us. So you can be assured of the quality, with the quality sharing known to be the hallmark of the original AG series.

Those keen to go, kindly PM me your name (not nick), contact number and email so that we can keep in touch and contact each other should inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances stall the outing. Will reply only to complete PMs. Registration closes by Tuesday, 25 July 2000hrs. In the event of more sign-ups than places, the allocation will be decided by ballot. Details will only be sent to you via PM/email on 26 July.

Folks who sign up, please make a point to be punctual or early. We won't wait for latecomers.

Default Re: AG 177 - Sat 29 July

Huh?
    You taking over Azure??

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Damien
    Huh?
    You taking over Azure??
    "Taking over" is incorrect.
    ...this is a Licensed AG outing...
    As seen from the para quoted, this is an AG Outing.

Those who are allowed to run licensed AG Outings go through a very stringent evaluation process. When the AG series of outings get licensed out, the threadstarter(s) would have had met up with myself and have co-led at least one other outing with me. And he/she must have gained my FULL confidence to be allowed to run licensed AG outings. He/she would have had to demonstrate to me succinct knowledge of the places in his/her itinerary and be able to guide a group of like-minded photo-loving enthusiasts through the route. To say the least, he/she must have joined me at least 5 separate occasions for outings!

In letting the younger ones take over the organising and leading, this frees me of the messy coordination and monitoring work. Letting them lead the group also means I can concentrate on getting the picture and more devoted sharing within the group, as I shall be present in these licensed outings.

Anyone who wishes to consider signing up for these AG outings can be assured that they will be as good as those started by myself. Whether it is led by Shadowmoses, Blur Shadow or Roninwolf, you can sure they have equal knowledge of the places we go, if not better.

Thank you Azure for your kind words..

As he has said, he will still be present at all licensed AG outings to share photographic tips and knowledge with all of us, thus maintaining the quality of all AG outings. I am merely a privileged person who has been given the opportunity to lead an AG outing and am in no way, "taking over" from Azure.

Having said that, I will also work hard to give all participants in the outing the best i can give so that all may enjoy themselves and get excellent photos as well!

On a side note, places for the outing are going fast. Interested parties pls register ASAP!

Oic...
    Seems like Azure is always pioneering something for the good of photography, upz!!!

Registration is closed. A big thank you to all who have expressed interest in this outing, details will be send via pm & email by tonite.

Emails have been sent out, pls check your inbox.

Just to check, if no email = not balloted?

My apologies, have sent u a reply. sorry for the miscommunication..

No problem bro, just checking.

See u guys next outing then.