Thread: Flash setup for FZ7 ?

Default Flash setup for FZ7 ?

Hi guys, i've been searching around the forums for a recommended slave flash.. Through metalilan's postings, i think the emoblitz 328AZ is the best choice and very affordable too.. My question is that if i dont want to use the optical slave sensor such as the Akarui but instead use a infrared sensor (not sure what its called), the type that senses ur flash fire without needing the bright light to trigger the flash, is there one available out there? Reason being that i plan to place my slave flash in a corner and handhold the camera for indoor shots.. Do you guys think thats possible??

P.S: Saiful, u at indon yet? haha.. i love ur photos btw..

Default Re: Flash setup for FZ7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by LightStalker
    Hi guys, i've been searching around the forums for a recommended slave flash.. Through metalilan's postings, i think the emoblitz 328AZ is the best choice and very affordable too.. My question is that if i dont want to use the optical slave sensor such as the Akarui but instead use a infrared sensor (not sure what its called), the type that senses ur flash fire without needing the bright light to trigger the flash, is there one available out there? Reason being that i plan to place my slave flash in a corner and handhold the camera for indoor shots.. Do you guys think thats possible??

P.S: Saiful, u at indon yet? haha.. i love ur photos btw..
    noob here, i don thin kthe infra-red sensor will work on camera without hotshoe. you need a hotshoe to mount the trigger. theres a MO of that at $60 per set of trigger/receiver

ic.. i went to a studio shoot organized by PSS last time, they were using some kind of Infrared flash trigger thing.. All i did was cover the flash, totally block out the light and just shoot.. the flash there worked fine.. so i was wondering whether if this is available outside??

ic.. i went to a studio shoot organized by PSS last time, they were using some kind of Infrared flash trigger thing.. All i did was cover the flash, totally block out the light and just shoot.. the flash there worked fine.. so i was wondering whether if this is available outside??
    oo i think thats a slightly diff one. if im not wrong the slave trigger is built onto that thing and when it sense the flash on ur camera, it sends the infrared signal to the studio flash.
    in simple term, just imagine that the slave trigger is deteched from the flash and signal using infrared other than eletrical signal.

i might be wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    oo i think thats a slightly diff one. if im not wrong the slave trigger is built onto that thing and when it sense the flash on ur camera, it sends the infrared signal to the studio flash.
    in simple term, just imagine that the slave trigger is deteched from the flash and signal using infrared other than eletrical signal.

i might be wrong tho
    Wait, i think ur right.. it makes sense.. so do you think i can get one outisde? i think im gonna use ur explanation.. haha.. hopfully can get one below $60

Wait, i think ur right.. it makes sense.. so do you think i can get one outisde? i think im gonna use ur explanation.. haha.. hopfully can get one below $60
    im not very sure, maybe you can check out some of the studio equipment MO.

so where is the cheapest place to get e flash? i read somewhere they cost $58. But not very sure where to get.. probably tomorrow i'll go around shopping for it..

so where is the cheapest place to get e flash? i read somewhere they cost $58. But not very sure where to get.. probably tomorrow i'll go around shopping for it..
    i got mine from AP sls...look for one of the younger guys to help you out... and point the flash to the dude since mine he mistook for a sublitz flash...

haha ok thx metalilan.. but im still thinking of getting your flash ! LOL..

haha ok thx metalilan.. but im still thinking of getting your flash ! LOL..
    bro,
    sorry..........my flash sold long time ago.
    maybe u can check with huggable, he wanna to sell his emoblitz away at 40 or 50, cannot remember. pm him.
    cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by FZ5owner
    bro,
    sorry..........my flash sold long time ago.
    maybe u can check with huggable, he wanna to sell his emoblitz away at 40 or 50, cannot remember. pm him.
    cheers.
    ok.. thanks