Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: powerex batteris - any feedback

  1. #1

    Default powerex batteris - any feedback

    Hi all, just to check with you guys. ..

    I saw this promo on Sat Classifieds, can trade in old rechargeables batteries for the new Powerdex 2700mah batteries (must cut coupon somemore ). Has anyone used these batteries before?

    Just wanted to get feedback, i used to use the GP batteries but they were crap. then i came across sanyo batteries and i have stuck to them since ...

    any feedback would be appreciated.

    Cheers

  2. #2

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Can scan in that page? Thx

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Powerex batteries

  4. #4
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    they'll want original coupons
    eat. drink. shoot

  5. #5

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    okay... thanks for the comments. Sorry for the typo .. hahha ..

    Think i will go get them.. lucky i kept the Sat Classified newspaper.

    Oeyvind, I think if you don't have the coupon, can just call up the shop lor .. . I am sure they won't turn away business. think i better not say the company name here lah.. later kanna for advertising just go take a look at Sat Classfieds lor

    guess it is time to trade in my old sanyo 2100mah .. been with me for >2 years liao ...

    cheers

    btw, does it mean i must also buy their charger huh? how much izzit?
    Last edited by chubbyman; 16th July 2006 at 09:58 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    can someone eleaborate more, on the deal?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Using it for some time for about 3 mths and so far so good.

    YMMV

  8. #8

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    can someone eleaborate more, on the deal?
    Basically it is a trade-in offer. bring in any 4 old rechargeable batteries for 4 new Powerex batteries (2700mAH) for $15 dollars. Details in the Sat classifieds. you will need to bring the original coupon.

    Will go change mind next week.

    Anyone knows how much is the charger for Powerex batteries?
    Last edited by chubbyman; 17th July 2006 at 05:33 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Thanks for the information, just saw this thread and this is great timing.

    ../azul123

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by chubbyman
    Basically it is a trade-in offer. bring in any 4 old rechargeable batteries for 4 new Powerex batteries (2700mAH) for $15 dollars. Details in the Sat classifieds. you will need to bring the original coupon.

    Will go change mind next week.

    Anyone knows how much is the charger for Powerex batteries?
    Thanks for the info .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  11. #11

    Default Re: powerex batteris - any feedback

    I bought this one :

    Maha Powerex MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr Charger
    http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=522

    Then the 2700mAH set of 4 wiill be $15. Buy as many as you need, with spares. Otherwise, it's $20 per set normal retail price.

  12. #12
    Member hongjone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: powerex batteris - any feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by clubgrit
    I bought this one :

    Maha Powerex MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr Charger
    http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=522

    Then the 2700mAH set of 4 wiill be $15. Buy as many as you need, with spares. Otherwise, it's $20 per set normal retail price.
    Yeah, they are good. I bought 4 during the PC show for $20.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by chubbyman
    Basically it is a trade-in offer. bring in any 4 old rechargeable batteries for 4 new Powerex batteries (2700mAH) for $15 dollars. Details in the Sat classifieds. you will need to bring the original coupon.

    Will go change mind next week.

    Anyone knows how much is the charger for Powerex batteries?

    Just change 4 sets

  14. #14
    Member Adiemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Small island....
    Posts
    1,673

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by chubbyman
    Basically it is a trade-in offer. bring in any 4 old rechargeable batteries for 4 new Powerex batteries (2700mAH) for $15 dollars. Details in the Sat classifieds. you will need to bring the original coupon.

    Will go change mind next week.

    Anyone knows how much is the charger for Powerex batteries?
    Hey bro, what shop is that?

    Can give more details?

    Is there a limit to the number of batteries that can be traded in?

    Any trade-in offer for AAA batteries too?

    Looking for the ad, but haven't found yet.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: powerex batteris - any feedback

    I think the Maha charger is really good too. Using it on my old GP batteries. I use these old batteries for my mouse and discman. They seem to last much longer than when I was using the original GP charger. And I mean original, about 7-8 years ago. My GP batteries are that old too..

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Adiemus
    Hey bro, what shop is that?

    Can give more details?

    Is there a limit to the number of batteries that can be traded in?

    Any trade-in offer for AAA batteries too?

    Looking for the ad, but haven't found yet.
    Shop is Eastgear. Address & locaton can be found here:

    http://www.eastgear.com/shop/contact_us.php

    Trade-in is for AA batteries only. The coupon is in last Saturdays Straits Times Classified section, page 8.

    You can trade in a max of 16 batteries per coupon.

    I just went there today to trade in a total of 16 batteries.

  17. #17
    Member Adiemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Small island....
    Posts
    1,673

    Default Re: powerdex batteris - any feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by kietgnoel
    Shop is Eastgear. Address & locaton can be found here:

    http://www.eastgear.com/shop/contact_us.php

    Trade-in is for AA batteries only. The coupon is in last Saturdays Straits Times Classified section, page 8.

    You can trade in a max of 16 batteries per coupon.

    I just went there today to trade in a total of 16 batteries.
    Thanks for the info!!

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    445

    Default Re: powerex batteris - any feedback

    I bought 8 pcs of Powerex 2500 maH batteries in June this year.
    7 of them are OK. One worked once and then refused to be re-charged.
    Just as well I test ALL batteries after having charged them. SANYO used to be great,
    but lately.. the same problem. Out of a batch of say, 10 or 12, you might get a couple that
    will let you down. I guess the rule is to test, test, test.

    Quote Originally Posted by chubbyman
    Hi all, just to check with you guys. ..

    I saw this promo on Sat Classifieds, can trade in old rechargeables batteries for the new Powerdex 2700mah batteries (must cut coupon somemore ). Has anyone used these batteries before?

    Just wanted to get feedback, i used to use the GP batteries but they were crap. then i came across sanyo batteries and i have stuck to them since ...

    any feedback would be appreciated.

    Cheers

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: powerex batteris - any feedback

    I bought 8 during the recent PC fair together with the Powerex 8 batt charger, so far very satisfied with the performance of the batteries. Recharge time for my flash is fast and charging time for the batts are fast also.

  20. #20
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Thumbs up Powerex Batteries - Solid

    I have bought 20 pcs of Powerex 2700mah and Maha Powerex MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr Charger.

    Have been using for a few months, so far, no problem.

    I am quite impress by the stamina it can last, charge well and stable.
    The high capacity batteries really last, very obvious especially compare to other 2000 / 2300mah batteries.

    This is money well spend and worth to buy.
    Once you go for Powerex, you won't look at other batteries.

    PowerEx





    Last edited by King Tiger; 26th August 2006 at 11:23 AM.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •